"Rumor Guide" - New Topics

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Rumor Guide" - New Topics

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:11 pm

Help us out with the "Rumor Guide" !! Have you heard some pretty insane rumors online? Or perhaps you've heard something that sounds like it could be true, but you're not entirely sure?

Read over the "Rumor Guide" and see if your "question" is in the same style, and not already included. Post a reply, here in this thread, and let us know if you've got something we should possibly add!

The only upcoming thing I can think of, that we'll be adding is, "Trunks goes Super Saiyan 2" (which he, of course, does not... despite many fans thinking he does, all the way through Budokai 2 including a "Super Saiyan 2" capsule for him!).

Post away! No utterly stupid rumors, though... keep 'em good :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:29 pm

I think the Super Saiyan 2 capsult is possibly as a result of them getting confused over his original Budokai capsules.

In the first game, he has Super Saiyan, Super Trunks, and Super Trunks 2 capsules. The first is pretty obvious. The second I'm guessing is the Ascended/Ultra/Beyond form that him and Vegeta achieve, and Super Trunks 2 is probably suppossed to be the powered-up form he achieves after Vegeta is knocked out.

Obviously, when converting the character for the second game, someone made a boo boo.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:52 pm

My exact thoughts. The "Super (Character) 2" format seemed very similar to the way it was done in Final Bout ("Super Goku 4") and such.

I haven't noticed any other GLARING errors in the game, save for a couple typos here and there.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:01 am

The "King Kai Fist" thing confused me. Yeah, I know it's probably an accurate translation, but it's still odd, since it's called "Kaioken" in all English dubs of it. And especially when you consider that they've gone with the English names of "Destructo Disc" and so forth (although, strangely, they don't use "Tri-beam").

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:14 am

Yeah, other than some inconsistencies, it's all pretty accurate.

Rumors, anyone? :P

Mirai no Beederu

Post by Mirai no Beederu » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:25 am

There was one going around for awhile that Pan can go Super Saiyan. I had a kid at my dojo actually show me a picture of it. (The pic was basically Pan from the opening sequence of GT but someone had editted her hair so that it was blonde and spikey.)
Hello, DaizenshuuEX-type people!:)

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:53 am

I don't know if this comes under the catagory of "rumour", or the catagory of "silly dub mistakes", but I've seen a couple of web-sites and FAQS that think that the armour Vegeta changes into half-way through the Freeza saga is in fact newer than the normal style (with shoulderpads). I'm assuming it's because, in the dub, when Vegeta is getting some armour for Kuririn and Gohan, he says:

"Here's some armour. It's a much older model than mine, but it should work nearly as well."

And all the comments about it actually being an older style that he had to wear because there was no regular armour in his size are missing, replaced with the HILARIOUS:

"Finally. These driers take forever".

And, let's not forget:

"Mondo cool".

Sorry. I need to go and lie down.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:07 pm

Dont' forget "Mr. Hotpants!" Geez, Funimation really fucked with the dialogue on that episode, didn't they?

I know of many, many "rumors" that could be added to the dub mistakes section, but it's hard to remember them all ^_^;; I can think of another instance of Funimation getting stuff wrong in flashbacks to Dragonball. There was one episode in the Cell saga where Roshi was explaining the history of the Tenkaichi Budoukai to Marron. Three errors in that little spiel were that five years passed between each tournament (should be three), that the 22nd ended in a draw between Gokuu and Tenshinhan (Gokuu landed first, so Tenshinhan won) and that Gokuu and Chichi were married before the 23rd (it happened afterwards, after a mostly boring series of filler episodes). The first error wasn't actually Funimation's fault, since, for some reason, it says five years in the Japanese version, too (doesn't Toei have any fact checkers for their filler episodes? Hey, maybe you should have a "filler episode errors" section ^_^). Don't know if any of this is relevant enough to use, I was just trying to act like I was being on topic ^_^;;
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:31 pm

sailorspazz wrote:Hey, maybe you should have a "filler episode errors" section ^_^
Sorta kinda in the works...

It was proposed to me on alt.fan.dragonball months upon months ago, and I even have the first episode's worth of filler all laid out for me...

Just need to... DO... something with it all...! Something I'd love to do. I think I said I'd eventually format it, and let the person do all the writing for me. Actually, I feel kinda like a dick, because I forgot who the person was... do you remember, Julian... ?

*cries*

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:41 pm

Actually its not Just Budokai that promotes the SSJ2 Trunks rumor mill, the Super Boutenden 2 SNES game in Japan had alternate scenerios where Trunks indeed go Super Saiyan 2, and thus some people playing who couldn't read the Japanese text, nor had seen the anime assumed it happened and that spread all over the place.
-Laserkid

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:43 pm

laserkid wrote:Actually its not Just Budokai that promotes the SSJ2 Trunks rumor mill, the Super Boutenden 2 SNES game in Japan had alternate scenerios where Trunks indeed go Super Saiyan 2, and thus some people playing who couldn't read the Japanese text, nor had seen the anime assumed it happened and that spread all over the place.
Shit, you're right... I remember that...

That doesn't exactly remind me of what I'm about to say, but I just thought of it... hehe... anyone else remember that "fusion" image that Jump published, years back, of Piccolo & Kuririn? I think there needs to be a section on the "Rumors" page dedicated to JUST fusions :P.

Then again, maybe I'll just incorporate "incorrect" or "non-existent" fusions into their appropriate section in the "Transformations Guide"... *thinks*

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:00 am

Glad I was able to help then ^^

As for alternate fusions, I'd say an "alternate fusions" section or something would work, fusions that have been drawn but are not story centric.
-Laserkid

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:43 am

Would that include stuff like the Cell/Kuririn fusion during one of the extra "Budokai" missions?

(And, incidently, was that created solely for the game, or was it based on some joke art somewhere, possibly by Toriyama himself?)

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:15 am

PsyLiam wrote:Would that include stuff like the Cell/Kuririn fusion during one of the extra "Budokai" missions?

(And, incidently, was that created solely for the game, or was it based on some joke art somewhere, possibly by Toriyama himself?)
Yeah, I'd like to include all the fucked up Budokai / Budokai 2 fusions ^^;;... Problem is, I have to work my ass off and beat "Dragon World" mode, like, 80 times to get the Breakthrough capsules to get "Tiencha" and such... *sighs*

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:16 am

LOL! Yeah there are just so many combinations.. I can't wait to see that guide too though. ^_^
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:48 am

I wish I had money to buy Budokai for GCN, let alone my PS2 deficiency
-Laserkid

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:01 am

I wouldn't mind getting Budokai 2 for PS2..
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:47 am

VegettoEX wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:Hey, maybe you should have a "filler episode errors" section ^_^
Sorta kinda in the works...

It was proposed to me on alt.fan.dragonball months upon months ago, and I even have the first episode's worth of filler all laid out for me...

Just need to... DO... something with it all...! Something I'd love to do. I think I said I'd eventually format it, and let the person do all the writing for me. Actually, I feel kinda like a dick, because I forgot who the person was... do you remember, Julian... ?
I think it mighta been that "Ben Bigwig" guy who used to post over at alt.fan.dragonball ... coulda been Jim Stanfield, as well. But I really can't remember.

Personally, though, I think most of the major mistakes in the filler episodes can be pretty easily discerned (such as people showing up with their bodies in Hell, etc). One need only go through the (more obvious) filler episodes.

Oh, and I think the "5 years" argument was in the manga, too (mentioned by Kuririn during the "milk delivery" part of the training)... but before Goku leaves Uranai Baba's, they say something about it being switched to 3 years. Could be wrong on that, though.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:58 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:I think it mighta been that "Ben Bigwig" guy who used to post over at alt.fan.dragonball ... coulda been Jim Stanfield, as well. But I really can't remember.
It was definitely a Ben. That sounds about right.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

A rumor

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:34 pm

I heard an incredibly huge rumor that surprisingly came from a reliable source. He's a comic book store owner who has always been correct with every other bit of DB related info (Kanzenban, Dragon Boxes, etc) but this is over the top.

He said there was supposedly a Dragonball mini-manga (à la Neko-Majin Z length type comic strip) Toriyama recently wrote, and yet to publish in Shonen Jump, where Freeza blows up planet Vegeta which would be totally different from the Bardock tv special. It was supposed to start off with Vegeta (the one we know) demanding to be sent to the next planet to conquer. The King says no so he kicks his ass. Nappa+V take off and when the King gets out of a regen tank he grabs a handful of elite and they go off in a saucer ship (like Frieza's) after him.

The whole story then takes places centered around Bardock, but he's not a member of a clan like in the special. His PL is that of a Low Level Warrior according to daizenshuu 7 (meaning somewhere between 1200 to 1500). He sees his son off (Goku) as he leaves for Earth and then the planet is attacked by tons of Frieza goons. He fights and kicks some serious ass. Zarbon is supposed to make an appearance as a kid and transform in order to fight against elite saiyans. When Bardock attacks Freeza he zaps him him with one finger like in the flashback scene in volume 26 of the manga. Then Transforms (first time Zarbon sees him transform) in order to create an energy blast big enough to blow up the planet.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but usually my source is really reliable. Anybody else hear about this? I'd kill to read it, it sounds awesome.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.