Other characters who should final blow a baddie(FnF Spoiler)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Who do you think deserved to claim a villain?

Post by TJVY » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Whilst re-watching DBZ and DBGT, I began to think that there were some missed opportunities for the other characters by having Goku be the one to typically finish off the villains, even if he is the main protagonist. It's pretty clear that the franchise became less focused on side characters after the Cell Games which was a bit of a shame because the other characters were great too, my question is which characters do you think deserved to claim a villain's defeat?

My pick would have to be 18, I would have liked to have seen her finish Super 17 after killing Krillin. I thought she showed some great character development in that saga and to have given her more focus so that she could defeated him would have been quite poetic IMO. For those who say it's not possible because he's way above her in terms of strength, I do know this but it was clear he was vulnerable when pitted against her so it could have worked.

Let me know your thoughts. :D
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Who do you think deserved to claim a villain?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Gohan. Buu. I don't think I need to elaborate. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Vegeta killing Freeza is something that is way overdue. FnF will hopefully give Vegeta his big moment, God knows he really needs it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:09 pm

I have no problem with who got to beat who in the manga and BOG but the other movies and Gt could have done so much more but for some reason didn't.
Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta killing Freeza is something that is way overdue. FnF will hopefully give Vegeta his big moment, God knows he really needs it.
I will be shocked if it doesn't cause everything we know has been pointing to it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:14 am

Toriyama could have let Yamcha beat someone throughout the story.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:16 am

Yamcha, easily. Dude never won a major battle for real.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:26 am

I second Yamcha. Poor fella :(

But man, Vegeta... he is long overdue for his moment. I really hope he gets it in FnF.
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:20 am

Usually I'm not one for saying side characters should have a claim on villains because I think most of the time there's not much sense in it, but Yamcha and the mummy. I probably mock Yamcha more than anyone else, and I can't joke about that fight. It's so fucking pointless for him to lose, Goku's casual behaviour is like rubbing salt in Yamcha's wounds, and he honestly comes off like he's deliberately trying to make Yamcha look shit. That sequence makes me sick.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

djkalteraphine
Regular

Other characters who should final blow a baddie(FnF Spoiler)

Post by djkalteraphine » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:00 pm

One of the hot topics of discussion for Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F is that Vegeta should have gotten the final blow against Freeza, instead of just giving it to Goku again. Fans are rightly tired of Goku hogging all the spotlight, so I've taken the time to write up a list of other great characters who should get the opportunity to kill a main DBZ baddie.

Kuririn has gotten the shaft too many times. He’s been there since episode 14 of Dragon Ball, has fought every single one of Goku’s rivals (Ten is off screen, but we can assume he has anyway) and main villains, and always managed to hold his own no matter how outclassed he was. Plus, the Kienzan is the greatest technique in the franchise that is severely under used.

Boring a hole into Raditz chest doesn’t really count, since he had Goku’s help and Raditz was just a mook to foreshadow the real threat of Nappa and Vegeta (who were in turns mooks to foreshadow the realer threat of Freeza). Consummate comer-upper of attack names that have something to do with Devil, Demon, Evil, Bad in the name, yet most often associated with children, Piccolo is the kind of Vin Diesel in The Pacifier personality we NEED.

How has #18 never got her day in the sun? It seems like after she broke Vegeta’s arm, she just fell off the face off the planet. No wonder Toriyama revealed her human name to be Amelia, because like Earhart, this one crashes and burns as soon as she gets off the ground.

Chichi. She’s the daughter of the legendary Gyumao demon, and yet she never sends a baddie to their death and eventual decay? She even learned how to Kaioken x10 without so much as dying or training under 100x gravity. Who needs that shit when you have mom power?

Umigame is the third good guy to be introduced to us, way back in episode 2 of Dragon Ball. Yet he’s never so much as thrown a punch at a main bad guy in Dragon Ball Z! What kind of shit is that?! And even with the death of his original seiyuu, Daisuke Gori, no important side stories have been written for this classic member of team DB. gg Toriyama

Bulma’s supple and juicy butt. It’s had plenty of screentime - at least twice as much as Yamcha and six times more than Chaozu - yet it has never beaten a single main villain? Whether you prefer your Bulma butt exposed to bribe an old man out of his ball, or wrapped up in a sexy red thing, Bulma’s butt is something you know and love. Isn’t it time for Toriyama to stop playing favorites and give Bulma’s butt the win it deserves????

Arale is the most powerful person on earth. Yet when Cell challenges earth to the Budokai, she doesn’t even show. Why? What is Toei trying to keep us from seeing??

Ginyu, although not as good guy when we leave him, has spent years living on peaceful earth with frogs who see him as an alien.This frog bullying surely turns Ginyu into a new man, with a heart pure as toilet water, that should surely land the killing blow on Freeza’s 8th form. (Which is really just forms 1 - 7 stacked on top of each other.)

The poison inside Goku. We keep HEARING ABOUT IT, but we've yet to SEE IT KILL A SINGLE BAD GUY. I mean, jeez, we met Goku in the first episode, yet this poison hasn't been seen once! Is Toeiyama trying to tell us it isn't even there? What a crock of shit.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Other characters who should final blow a baddie(FnF Spoi

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:18 pm

Bulma should final blow a baddie.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:54 pm

I lost my shit when I saw Muk. :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:44 am

Tennessaiyan wrote:But man, Vegeta... he is long overdue for his moment. I really hope he gets it in FnF.
I'm happy to say that he did.

-----------------------------------------------

Goku&Vegeta got to shine big time in the last 2 movies so for the 3rd one I won't mind if Toriyama sends them off somewhere and puts the lights on Piccolo&Gohan.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:47 am

I won't mind if Toriyama in the next movie sends Goku&Vegeta off somewhere and puts the lights on Piccolo&Gohan.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:50 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Bulma should final blow a baddie.
Bulma final blowing a baddie. That would be intense to watch. :thumbup:
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:07 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Bulma should final blow a baddie.
Bulma final blowing a baddie. That would be intense to watch. :thumbup:
But you could imagine the hell that fans would create if that were to happen? They would lose their shit. :P

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:19 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta killing Freeza is something that is way overdue. FnF will hopefully give Vegeta his big moment, God knows he really needs it.
This.

As much as the Vegeta fanboys are being annoying right now, I still wish Vegeta'd been the one. Another one would be Tien.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:15 pm

EXBadguy wrote:As much as the Vegeta fanboys are being annoying right now, I still wish Vegeta'd been the one. Another one would be Tenshinhan.
Yeeeaaaahhh... no.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Tenshinhan already had his moment against Tao. No need to have him be in the spotlight again, his character development is finished.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 pm

I was hoping that Freeza's army would bring some Saibamen with them so that Yamcha could finally have his revenge. It might be hard for the half-Saiyans to finish off a major villain unless they're also SSJ Gods or Goku and Vegeta are out of the picture for some reason.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Toriyama should do it lie Oda: Give each protagonist an antagonist above their level(from slightly above, to game breaker) to overcome. No more Saiyans butting in on fights, or all opponents at a level only a Saiyan can defeat.