Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dyno
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Dyno » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:30 am

I totally forgot this movie will debut in Los Angeles in lesser than a week. Maybe we might be able to see the Saiyan beyond God form sooner. If there is a gentle soul kindly enough to show us, that is. :roll:

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:31 am

I feel like a few people are misinterpreting what BSSJG actually is. If Goku's dialogue in the summary is correct, the blue-haired form is "Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God", not a literal combination of Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God - it's technically just the original SSJ with god ki attached to make it as powerful as the real SSJG form in BoG. The idea, I think, is to achieve the same level of power as the magenta transformation without needing the ritual that requires pure-hearted Saiyans.

Honestly, the most accurate name I can think of is either 'Godly Super Saiyan' or 'False/Artificial Super Saiyan God'. I can't imagine anyone finding the latter a likeable term though.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:02 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote: Ay now, what's wrong with Blueper Saiyan?
... Okay, I'm done. It's over. Roll the credits. :lol:
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:36 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:Re: Age of Planet Vegeta's destruction

In the manga we were never given an age for the destruction of planet Vegeta, and in minus we have Goku at 2 going on 3, so that looks like age 739-740. Beerus going asleep when he did fits in with Toriyamas version but not the anime's.
We were actually given an age in the manga. In 303 chapter of manga it was stated by Freeza that he destroyed Planet Vegeta 30 years ago.

And:
1. It doesn't make any sense.
2. It doesn't fit with DBM, obviously.
3. It doesn't fit with BoG as well
Yeah that makes no sense, unless Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta about 5 years before Goku was born. :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:00 am

Anyone notice if #17 died when Freeza blew up the Earth then that means #17 has been killed by every major villain in DBZ expect for Vegeta. He died from Cell, Buu and now Freeza.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:17 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Article about the film and its popularity overseas (I think?). Seems kinda interesting, looks like there's a brief interview with Nozawa at the bottom:
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/enter ... 00134.html
Anyone care to translate? Google is not making much sense.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:26 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Anyone notice if #17 died when Freeza blew up the Earth then that means #17 has been killed by every major villain in DBZ expect for Vegeta. He died from Cell, Buu and now Freeza.
Wow. That's pretty cool. Never noticed that. :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:37 am

Hey, Kei17 if you are still about this thread, do you plan on seeing the film in 3D too?

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:10 am

Bullza wrote: The Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God had no previous link to anything so it having a unique colour is fine. In GT Goku become an Oozaru, then a yellow Oozaru like how the Saiyans hair turns yellow but then he reverts back to a man but now his fur is red when it would have made more sense and would have looked better had his hair and fur stayed yellow.
They were supposed to be linked to concept of saiyans. There was a legend about Super Saiyan, nothing ever said that they had blonde hair. And in anime they even showed Gold Oozaru as an original Super Saiyan, so SSJ having hair turning yellow literally doesn't make sense.
Bullza wrote:
That most likely is the reason. It's still pretty stupid though.
Censure itself is stupid, yet they do it now. Even in a new movie with Goku being shot by a beam and having zero blood.
Bullza wrote:
It wasn't a new form, it was just the same fusion as every other time. In the past it combined the colours of the hair, straight forward and simple but with SSJ4 Gogeta it just happens to magically turn red, black mixed with dark brown = red...
But Blue SSJ God isn't supposed to be a new form as well. It is literally SSJ God while turning SSJ, or more like SSJ with power of SSJ God, it isn't a new transformation at all. Yet it has blue hair. Makes zero sense to me.
Bullza wrote:There's a difference in the type of SSJ God with the Red and Blue versions with the latter being mixed with something else so a colour change at least makes a little sense. What would have been stupid is if Vegeta was Blue while Goku was Red.
And Kei said that it is SSJ God with SSJ, or basically SSJ with power of SSJ God. Moreover Red + Yellow doesn't even make Blue. Makes zero sense.
Bullza wrote:The SSJ4 design looks completely out of place whereas the SSJG doesn't. I find it to believe that Toriyama designed it actually.
But SSJ4 wasn't designed by Toriyama. I personally don't mind both transformations.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:13 am

Marlowe89 wrote:I feel like a few people are misinterpreting what BSSJG actually is. If Goku's dialogue in the summary is correct, the blue-haired form is "Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God", not a literal combination of Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God - it's technically just the original SSJ with god ki attached to make it as powerful as the real SSJG form in BoG. The idea, I think, is to achieve the same level of power as the magenta transformation without needing the ritual that requires pure-hearted Saiyans.

Honestly, the most accurate name I can think of is either 'Godly Super Saiyan' or 'False/Artificial Super Saiyan God'. I can't imagine anyone finding the latter a likeable term though.
Yeah the Godly Super Saiyan suits the best, I we should be even more accurate I we you can have it as an Ascended/Mastered Godly Super Saiyan as we already saw an example of a primary Godly Super Saiyan in golden version in Battle of Gods movie.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:15 am

Mystic Tien wrote:But Blue SSJ God isn't supposed to be a new form as well. It is literally SSJ God while turning SSJ, or more like SSJ with power of SSJ God, it isn't a new transformation at all. Yet it has blue hair. Makes zero sense to me.
God energy is blue, as seen when they do the ritual and this pic. It was unexpected but makes sense.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:18 am

Sandubadear wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:But Blue SSJ God isn't supposed to be a new form as well. It is literally SSJ God while turning SSJ, or more like SSJ with power of SSJ God, it isn't a new transformation at all. Yet it has blue hair. Makes zero sense to me.
God energy is blue, as seen when they do the ritual and this pic. It was unexpected but makes sense.
Yeah, that's why I don't understand in the God energy is Blue then why did the God aura ended up red/fire-like?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 am

Low Tone G wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
Mystic Tien wrote:But Blue SSJ God isn't supposed to be a new form as well. It is literally SSJ God while turning SSJ, or more like SSJ with power of SSJ God, it isn't a new transformation at all. Yet it has blue hair. Makes zero sense to me.
Yeah, that's why I don't understand in the God energy is Blue then why did the God aura ended up red/fire-like?
Super Saiyan God is a Saiyan transformation and happens to have red hair and aura. After using it once, Goku manages to absorb God energy and use it to power his regular Super Saiyan form, making it blue. So it's just that the SSG transformation is red, but the regular god energy is blue. That's only my opinion.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:28 am

Low Tone G wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:But Blue SSJ God isn't supposed to be a new form as well. It is literally SSJ God while turning SSJ, or more like SSJ with power of SSJ God, it isn't a new transformation at all. Yet it has blue hair. Makes zero sense to me.
Cold Skin came up with a great theory:
And as the French forum's boss just reminded us over here in France, watch this:

What if the idea was that Super Saiyan God was not completely achieved in BOG, for example due to one of the members just being a foetus.
It's almost as if it was supposed to be blue (blue aura, perhaps blue straight hair falling down, even blue eyes for a split second) and immediately fell back to a midway status.

Of course, Toriyama doesn't think that far ahead, but it could be that he's been inspired by watching what it looked like when seeing BOG.
Then again, all of him is actually blue due to the aura for a split second... But those blue aura and sparkles to begin with, which are not seen again. Really seems to indicate that the true God energy would be blue under normal circumstances.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:33 am

Sandubadear wrote: Super Saiyan God is a Saiyan transformation and happens to have red hair and aura. After using it once, Goku manages to absorb God energy and use it to power his regular Super Saiyan form, making it blue. So it's just that the SSG transformation is red, but the regular god energy is blue. That's only my opinion.
But Red + Yellow = Orange.
Blue + Yellow = Green
Blue + Red = Purple
And Blue + Red + Yellow = Brown...

No blue at all.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:39 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
Sandubadear wrote: Super Saiyan God is a Saiyan transformation and happens to have red hair and aura. After using it once, Goku manages to absorb God energy and use it to power his regular Super Saiyan form, making it blue. So it's just that the SSG transformation is red, but the regular god energy is blue. That's only my opinion.
Blue + Yellow = Green
Blue + Red = Purple

No blue at all.
I didn't say you have to join colors, dude. Super Saiyan God is red and that's it. Goku only transformed into it once. But he still has his god energy, which is blue. He used the blue god energy to power the normal Super Saiyan and so the form became blue.

--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:42 am

Sandubadear wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:
Blue + Yellow = Green
Blue + Red = Purple

No blue at all.
I didn't say you have to join colors, dude. Super Saiyan God is red and that's it. Goku only transformed into it once. But he still has his god energy, which is blue. He used the blue god energy to power the normal Super Saiyan and so the form became blue.
But Blue + Yellow won't make blue. I can understand Goku transforming into SSJ God by himself, or using god energy and with this having his hair color turning blue, but if Godly energy is blue, how exactly along with SSJ (which is yellow), it makes his hair color turning blue?
Marco Polo wrote:

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:45 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
But Blue + Yellow won't make blue. I can understand Goku transforming into SSJ God by himself, or using god energy and with this having his hair color turning blue, but if Godly energy is blue, how exactly along with SSJ (which is yellow), it makes his hair color turning blue?
The blue overrides the yellow, I guess.

--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:47 am

Sandubadear wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:
So that means, that any transformation Goku uses now will have blue hair? :shock:
Marco Polo wrote:

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:58 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:
So that means, that any transformation Goku uses now will have blue hair? :shock:
\

We already have a BSS2 Mod in Xenoverse. All that is left is BSS3 and BSS4 lol.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!