Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by bleed0range » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:02 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Cold Skin came up with a great theory:
And as the French forum's boss just reminded us over here in France, watch this:

What if the idea was that Super Saiyan God was not completely achieved in BOG, for example due to one of the members just being a foetus.
It's almost as if it was supposed to be blue (blue aura, perhaps blue straight hair falling down, even blue eyes for a split second) and immediately fell back to a midway status.

Of course, Toriyama doesn't think that far ahead, but it could be that he's been inspired by watching what it looked like when seeing BOG.
Then again, all of him is actually blue due to the aura for a split second... But those blue aura and sparkles to begin with, which are not seen again. Really seems to indicate that the true God energy would be blue under normal circumstances.
My opinion is more that Goku absorbed the power of SSJ God but doesn't know how to use all the power he absorbed. He said himself he doesn't even know what he did. I think in the time between then and now he has discovered how to tap into and use a portion of the full power of SSJ God. His way of figuring it out requires him to go SSJ and it brings out some of that power he absorbed. Notice the transformation is blue for a split second? I think that's just the godly ki as it powers up and at full power it looks like red flame and blue sparkly aura as we saw in BOG. That's why SSJ makes him blue in ROF.

It seems like he has just figured a work around to use this power he has hidden inside him but he hasn't figured it out all he way yet. Makes the most sense to me.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:10 am

bleed0range wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Cold Skin came up with a great theory:
And as the French forum's boss just reminded us over here in France, watch this:

What if the idea was that Super Saiyan God was not completely achieved in BOG, for example due to one of the members just being a foetus.
It's almost as if it was supposed to be blue (blue aura, perhaps blue straight hair falling down, even blue eyes for a split second) and immediately fell back to a midway status.

Of course, Toriyama doesn't think that far ahead, but it could be that he's been inspired by watching what it looked like when seeing BOG.
Then again, all of him is actually blue due to the aura for a split second... But those blue aura and sparkles to begin with, which are not seen again. Really seems to indicate that the true God energy would be blue under normal circumstances.
My opinion is more that Goku absorbed the power of SSJ God but doesn't know how to use all the power he absorbed. He said himself he doesn't even know what he did. I think in the time between then and now he has discovered how to tap into and use a portion of the full power of SSJ God. His way of figuring it out requires him to go SSJ and it brings out some of that power he absorbed. Notice the transformation is blue for a split second? I think that's just the godly ki as it powers up and at full power it looks like red flame and blue sparkly aura as we saw in BOG. That's why SSJ makes him blue in ROF.

It seems like he has just figured a work around to use this power he has hidden inside him but he hasn't figured it out all he way yet. Makes the most sense to me.
Or that Akira Toriyama was bored and just went with the coolest color around lol.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:12 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Cold Skin came up with a great theory

There are two major things that contradict that theory though - one, Goku's explanation of BSSJG, and two, the fact that he doesn't enact the same ritual to transform in RoF. If anything, the blue-haired form is actually an imitation of the magenta form because it's equipping SSJG's power onto SSJ1 to obtain a similar level of strength. As far as I can tell, the blue "aura" that formed when Goku first triggered the transformation seems to be representative of Godly ki (which Goku layers on top of his regular Super Saiyan form in RoF), whereas SSJG's fiery red aura in BoG is the aura of the transformation itself (which Goku doesn't need anymore because he found a work-around solution to achieve the same results).

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:13 am

Or that Akira Toriyama was bored and just went with the coolest color around lol.
Blue to be a cool color it's a personal opinion... For Blue is the ugliest color for a Saiyan hair.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:13 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:
But Blue + Yellow won't make blue. I can understand Goku transforming into SSJ God by himself, or using god energy and with this having his hair color turning blue, but if Godly energy is blue, how exactly along with SSJ (which is yellow), it makes his hair color turning blue?
The blue overrides the yellow, I guess.
So that means, that any transformation Goku uses now will have blue hair? :shock:
If Goku uses god energy to power it, yes.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:14 am

Low Tone G wrote:
Blue to be a cool color it's a personal opinion... For Blue is the ugliest color for a Saiyan hair.
No. Green is.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:19 am

Low Tone G wrote:Yeah the Godly Super Saiyan suits the best, I we should be even more accurate I we you can have it as an Ascended/Mastered Godly Super Saiyan as we already saw an example of a primary Godly Super Saiyan in golden version in Battle of Gods movie.
That's a good point, but "Mastered" would probably be more accurate than "Ascended" since the golden Super Saiyan with Super Saiyan God powers in BoG is likely an incomplete version of the blue-haired one in RoF. Of course, this is mainly speculation on my/our part but it seems to be consistent with the events in BoG.

Technically, though, it's really all just SSJ1 with different variables of ki equipped.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:22 am

Low Tone G wrote:
Eh, it depends how it's done... If it's bright, glowing, neon blue, I don't think I'll like it, but I thought Broly looked good with blue hair

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:24 am

-About the God forms-
I just call them Super Saiyan God (red) and Mastered Super Saiyan God (blue).

Super Saiyan God 2 is a lame name.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:26 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:-About the God forms-
I just call them Super Saiyan God (red) and Mastered Super Saiyan God (blue).

Super Saiyan God 2 is a lame name.
My terms are the following:

Saiyan God: A Saiyan Evolution made through a ritual of six righteous Saiyans. It makes the Saiyan to appear less muscular, slightly taller, to have darer skin tone, Red/magenta hair looking very similar to the normal black hair and to have red, complete eyes. His aura becomes fire-like with some sparks, we can mention that we can find a slim drifting a golden light close to the body's contour.

Mystic Saiyan God: A form which allows the user to use the most of power of the absorbed God Ki in base.

Super Saiyan God/Godly Super Saiyan: A Super Saiyan 1 form with Golden aura which allows the user to use full the full amount of Goku power.

Mastered Godly Super Saiyan: A Super Saiyan form with Blue aura with full control of God power and a result of training.(If the image of deviantART is real then it has complete blue eyes).
Last edited by Low Tone G on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:39 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
GoldLiger wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I have never liked SSJ4. I much prefer SSJG.
Thoughtless over thought then. You really don't know where the idea for SS4 design came from don't you?
There was zero concept behind Toei coming up with the idea of SSJ4 except, "We need a new transformation to keep the Saiyans on top." Hell, that's been for every SSJ transformation introduced after the first one.
I thought it was said that they discussed that they wanted SSj4 to look different from the gold SSJ line, and the entire concept of the long ditched tail element was reintroduced. Sounds like thought to me. With GT, Toei at least went back through the series to reintroduce ideas and connected established mithos (Filler or not) as opposed to Toriyama recycling cliches or pulling vague concepts out of no where, ignoring them or just refusing to dwell in any depth or symbolic elabouration out side of convience. You would think it should be the other way around.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 pm

What about calling the blue Super Saiyan by Super Saiyan 5 or Super Saiyan God 2? I guess it fits the fan description of attempting the transformation into Super Saiyan while possessing godly power.

As for the movie summary, I found a few points to be ambiguous. I guess the staff will probably clarificate them with the in-depth summary.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Demigra has a good design and story, I would like he to be a movie villain
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:What about calling the blue Super Saiyan by Super Saiyan 5 or Super Saiyan God 2? I guess it fits the fan description of attempting the transformation into Super Saiyan while possessing godly power.

As for the movie summary, I found a few points to be ambiguous. I guess the staff will probably clarificate them with the in-depth summary.
Super Saiyan 5 would imply it is an evolution from Super Saiyan 4, but FnF takes place before GT, so it would be Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan 5 and then Super Saiyan 4? Makes no sense.

Super Saiyan God 2 is genius, though. But I liked Blueper Saiyan more.
Last edited by Sandubadear on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Noah wrote:Demigra has a good design and story, I would like he to be a movie villain
Except he is an already established video game villain DB character. Once you get to that point they will NEVER EVER use it outside of video games PERIOD.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:What about calling the blue Super Saiyan by Super Saiyan 5 or Super Saiyan God 2? I guess it fits the fan description of attempting the transformation into Super Saiyan while possessing godly power.

Super Saiyan 5 would imply it is an evolution from Super Saiyan 4, but FnF takes place before GT, so it would be Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan 5 and then Super Saiyan 4? Makes no sense.

how about Blueper Cyan?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:38 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:

how about Blueper Cyan?
Rocketman wrote:It can't be Super Cyan because cyan is a greenish-blue color, and Bluper Saiyan is clearly a rich blue.
If we were Japanese, we could call it "スーパーサイヤ神"

--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

CM101Play
Beyond Newbie

Post by CM101Play » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:54 pm

I just had a random theory.

What if Goku's blue undershirt and Vegeta's blue attire were changed as hints that they would be getting a Blue SSJ form?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:11 pm

I thought that about Vegeta. I wasn't expecting Gokû to join him though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:What about calling the blue Super Saiyan by Super Saiyan 5
No. No, no, no no, no. Please, no.

In all seriousness, though...I don't think it needs a special name. (Based on what we've read so far) It's not some new level of Super Saiyan. It's just...regular Super Saiyan, but using God ki instead of regular ki. In theory, you could probably go SSJ2 or 3 and get the same effect. To me it seems like they're all the same toys, just powered by a different kind of battery.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog