So what exactly is this SSGSS?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: So what exactly is this Blue Super Saiyan God?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Dyno wrote:I admit I also don't know what "etheral" means and I was too shy to ask. :lol:
It basically means out of this world, exquisite etc

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:49 pm

So, any explanation for why SSJ2 and 3 are gone bar no one feeling like using them anymore? Couldn't they reach a God Ki influenced 2 or 3 as they have for the regular SS?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:44 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:So, any explanation for why SSJ2 and 3 are gone bar no one feeling like using them anymore? Couldn't they reach a God Ki influenced 2 or 3 as they have for the regular SS?
From what I gather, SSJ2 and SSJ3 are merely extensions of SSJ; they forcefully bring out the latent potential of the saiyan (hence the drawbacks). Since Goku absorbed SSJG's power, he no longer has to do that, as he's tapped into all his potential in his base and can reach a new dimension of strength altogether by becoming a SSJ(G). Presumably, if he goes SSJ2 or SSJ3, he won't gain any strength or speed, as he's pretty much capped out in potential. Mind you, he can still overcome his limits by training in his base.

Honestly, it's all really dumb. I miss it when SSJ2 and SSJ3 were merely multipliers. Nothing beyond that. And yeah, SSJ2 and SSJ3 Goku would most probably have blue hair now.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:59 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:So, any explanation for why SSJ2 and 3 are gone bar no one feeling like using them anymore? Couldn't they reach a God Ki influenced 2 or 3 as they have for the regular SS?
From what I gather, SSJ2 and SSJ3 are merely extensions of SSJ; they forcefully bring out the latent potential of the saiyan (hence the drawbacks). Since Goku absorbed SSJG's power, he no longer has to do that, as he's tapped into all his potential in his base and can reach a new dimension of strength altogether by becoming a SSJ(G). Presumably, if he goes SSJ2 or SSJ3, he won't gain any strength or speed, as he's pretty much capped out in potential. Mind you, he can still overcome his limits by training in his base.

Honestly, it's all really dumb. I miss it when SSJ2 and SSJ3 were merely multipliers. Nothing beyond that. And yeah, SSJ2 and SSJ3 Goku would most probably have blue hair now.
But he still uses regular SSJ, despite him minimizing any Ki drain if he's already capped out in his base form then what's the purpose of him using even the bare minimum Super Saiyan?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:03 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:

But he still uses regular SSJ, despite him minimizing any Ki drain if he's already capped out in his base form then what's the purpose of him using even the bare minimum Super Saiyan?
He might still have a large amount of untapped reserves that require SSJ. Anything beyond that won't increase his power.

Honestly, I don't know. I'm just giving you the explanation I've heard/read. Toriyama stated Goku would probably never use SSJ2 and SSJ3 again after BoG. The whole thing hurts my head.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:56 pm

According to the RoF summary, Goku says that he doesn't "need" to go Super Saiyan anymore (presumably now that he's a Godly ki user) which would imply that his regular Super Saiyan transformations don't provide the same power boost that his newfound abilities do. He can obviously infuse this strength with his first Super Saiyan form, but I figure that if he tried to go beyond that his blue aura would just revert back to the golden one.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Re: So what exactly is this (New Spoiler Form)?

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:06 am

I see it as the MSSJ forn fueled by God ki.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:51 am

I know it's just a game and not canon but didn't Goku still transform into a SSJ3 in Xenoverse even after he'd become a God?

If he can draw out more of the God power by going from Base to Super Saiyan then surely he'd gain even more power if he transformed again.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Bullza wrote:I know it's just a game and not canon but didn't Goku still transform into a SSJ3 in Xenoverse even after he'd become a God?
Yes, but it's worth pointing out that Goku apparently did that immediately after the events of BoG. If there's any point in time where he wouldn't be able to summon up SSJG at will, that was it.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Bullza wrote: If he can draw out more of the God power by going from Base to Super Saiyan then surely he'd gain even more power if he transformed again.
I imagine it is Goku starting all over again and it might be hard for him to go SS2 and 3 off the bat and if he could, can he sustain it? Or maybe Goku did go Super Saiyan 3 with God Ki except it just looked like regular Super Saiyan?

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:08 am

If blue super saiyan is described as "super saiyan with the power of super saiyan god" doesn't that mean that it is actually closer to super saiyan than super saiyan god in function? So maybe their ki can he sensed and it really shouldn't be considered a god form. That would at least explain why Vegeta can reach it without a ritual.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 am

I would think the fact that is says "with the power of Super Saiyan God" should imply it's godly...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I would think the fact that is says "with the power of Super Saiyan God" should imply it's godly...
I'm just saying that maybe rather than being a god form it might be something completely new that combines both god and regular super saiyan.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:04 am

Isn't that what we've all been assuming anyway? That it's basically Super Saiyan with god ki, which turns it blue? So it would kinda be a combination of both forms, as well as gody? (But not the next step beyond Super Saiyan God.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:13 am

I see this whole thing as indicating that toriyama is trying to move away from this whole "god" business that some fans are getting way too obsessed about. I might he wrong though.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Well did Frieza ever turn out to be a God in the end? I know there were a lot of assumptions of that being the case early on but I don't think he actually is one in the film right?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Bullza wrote:Well did Freeza ever turn out to be a God in the end? I know there were a lot of assumptions of that being the case early on but I don't think he actually is one in the film right?
Nope, Freeza wasn't a God or had any godly power at all. He just became his race's version of a Super Saiyan.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:28 am

Well if his power multiplied by 50x like Goku's did then I can see why he's probably such a threat. Shame the movie didn't really go into that though, it didn't even show you how he trained.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:59 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Bullza wrote:Well did Freeza ever turn out to be a God in the end? I know there were a lot of assumptions of that being the case early on but I don't think he actually is one in the film right?
Nope, Freeza wasn't a God or had any godly power at all. He just became his race's version of a Super Saiyan.
But Freeza caused a problem to Goku in the Golden form... Does that mean Freeza normal Ki can compete a Godly one?
Last edited by Low Tone G on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Low Tone G wrote:But Freeza cause a problem to Goku in the Golden form... Does that mean Freeza normal Ki can compete a Godly one?
That would seem to be the case, which throws off how I understood Godly Ki to function. Oh well.