Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:13 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Í think it was. And seems like he can keep this form for a longer tim, thans to his trainning.
It wasn't. It was directly stated to be the first Super Saiyan form with Super Saiyan God's aura/powers.

Goku might be stronger than in BoG due to his training, but the form itself is not some evolution beyond SSJG.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:After 15 years of being my favorite form I believe that SSJ3 was dethroned today by Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

As just like Vegeta either skipped or got SSJ3 off screen he now has gotten red SSJG off screen and skipped straight to SSJGSSJ.
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan isn't a new form,it's Ssj1 with Blue hair due to them absorbing Ssjg's power so chances are they'll eventually have to use Ssj2&3 again which will be Blue as well.

Vegeta has always been getting his forms off screen so this isn't anything new and in terms of Ssj3,I think he reached it sometime before Beerus went to earth but chose not to use it due to it's draw backs similar to not using Ussj against Cell.

However the absorbed Ssjg powers might be able to get rid of those drawbacks so hopefully we'll see him and Goku use it in a future movie.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Diggin the bluessj already :twisted:
But the name Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan than ANN used is just stupid and lame. Never gonna use that one.

Mastered Super Saiyan God, Beyond Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan God Mode are much better.
Or this one would be true Super Saiyan God, while the other red form should be called just saiyan god or imperfect super saiyan god.
Those names are less accurate though, mainly because this form was never implied to be a "perfect" version of Super Saiyan God. It's literally just a SSJG-powered version of SSJ1 and doesn't seem to be very different than what Goku did in BoG.
Í think it was. And seems like he can keep this form for a longer tim, thans to his trainning.
It's not a Perfected Super Saiyan God form, but rather a Super Saiyan form with a different fuel which was a bit powered up by a training under Whis. So it's a Mastered Godly Super Saiyan form. I can not find any better term to describe it, but it works like a Super Saiyan which has now God power which was increased a bit after Battle of Gods.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:15 pm

I'd love to see some new techniques.
I really dig that absorption whatever it was that Gokû did in regular ssjg in BOG. Even if that doesn't get explained here, I'd like to see something new for blueper.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Barunks wrote:Anyone else notice if you combine this form with super saiyan 4 it would look eerily similar to super saiyan 5?

Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe.... GT CROSSOVER CONFIRMED!!!!!!
At this point there's no use in trying to fit Gt into Toriyama's stories.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Chuquita wrote:
White Oni wrote:Well, now that it's official, I might as well show you guys.

http://blupersaiyan.tumblr.com/

Originally I wasn't sure I wanted to see the official art for this new form, until the movie, but in glad I did. It looks just like id have wanted it to.
That tumblr slogan is fantastic. X3

Bluniverse.

I really do wonder if Bulma will comment on how similar its color is to hers.
Thanks for noticing, you're the first to say anything, I was starting to feel a little blue. =p

It would be awesome if bulma put her fingers through vegeta's blue hair and was like "I love your hair babe"
I wonder how Vegeta would react. I'm guessing he's either get red in the face or he's embrace it and smile smugly. Got to be one of those 2 extremes.

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
Barunks wrote:Anyone else notice if you combine this form with super saiyan 4 it would look eerily similar to super saiyan 5?

There was no use in fitting just about everything we've seen up until this point.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:20 pm

sintzu wrote:

Pretty much. It's almost comical how a simple hair color change renders entire GT non-canon in a more swift move than anything else yet lol. Sure, there could always be "and in this episode they lost their Godly powers and hair went back to Gold!" at some point but until that happens, GT is just incompatible with Toriyama's vision.
Last edited by Basaku on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Nobody actually thinks that GT fits within these movies, but the possibility of GT existing as it's own separate timeline is very much still there. Hell, that's how they did it in Xenoverse. This is why I specifically used the term "crossover".

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Barunks wrote:Nobody actually thinks that GT fits within these movies, but the possibility of GT existing as it's own separate timeline is very much still there. Hell, that's how they did it in Xenoverse.
Haven't played it yet. How exactly is it explained? Along with previous non-canon movies?

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Looks cooler than I'd anticipated after seeing the Gashapon keychain leak.

I really do hope Toriyama sticks with his stance that SSJ2/SSJ3 have no further use. I can appreciate some of the lore (Gohan's SSJ2 is the embodiment of his anger/surpassing SSJ without bulking up...it was weird that Goku/Vegeta reached it via training, though I don't mind that dialogue by Vegeta when Buu first appears, and he tells Goku that they're so much more powerful than Kaioshin, Dabura, Buu, etc.; SSJ3 is kind of a transformation not meant for this universe, and was only attained by Goku while dead and Gotenks while in the ROSAT), but I think at this point, we're at a point where it's not necessary to introduce further forms. If this is going to be a trilogy—as most are expecting, or at least hoping—I'd love for the form to be featured prominently in the third/final film.

Gohan does make this weird though, since "SSGSS" seems to be reached very similarly to his ultimate/mystic state. Both require some ritual (Old Kaioshin dancing in circles, or SSJs holding hands), and both seen to replace SSJ when powering up (the Old Kaioshin actually told Gohan to access the power the same way he would if he was turning SSJ). Still not sure how I feel about this, but I do like the design.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:31 pm

I don't think I can handle all of the new Shonen form stuff that has been revealed today.

All in all, I think I like the look of the new form a lot more than I thought I would from the description, and like a lot of folk have said, I am going to wait for a more robust source before I go around using the name 'Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan'.

I mean, heck, if Goku and Vegeta's base form is 'A Saiyan that has absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God', which is a description as opposed to a title, surely it's logical to follow suit with something like 'A Super Saiyan that has absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God'.

And about the Shonen form stuff, for One Piece fans:
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Speaking of techniques, if doesn't appear any new in the actual movie, I hope Dragon Ball Heroes brings new ones. Well, even that being said, it would be a new variation of Kamehameha for Kakarot.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Alright, time to give my opinion on this "new" form.
First off, color me disappointed... Just don't color me with the colors that Toriyama's been using...

The color of the form isn't nearly as bad as Freeza's new evolution. However, it ain't that great either. This Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, SSJG2, Ascended SSJG, Bluper Saiyan.... Whatever the fuck people are calling it now, it just doesn't look that great in my eyes...
I'm with others saying that they should have kept it red, it just looks better (IMO)
I don't know, the color just ain't sitting right with me, I'll need to see it in action I guess. However, so far it ain't looking good.

Also, please let this be the last of the transformations...(Yeah right)
I just think we have enough as it is... Toriyama said that Goku won't be using SSJ2/SSJ3 anymore and I was 100% alright with that. However, if we get rid of SSJ2/SSJ3 for fucking color swaps of the same damn form then I change my mind, I'm not alright with that... I really don't like where this is heading.

Guess now we wait to see Vegeta. :|
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Decided to vectorise that Toriyama sketch from earlier since I'm absolutely in love with it - http://ajaylikesgaming.deviantart.com/a ... -525849552
Definitely my favourite work from him in a long time. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Toyotarō! His work is quite different, so I'm sure it's not.

I also did a little smoothed version to see how it'd look with that Dragon Quest style he's done in the past. Not a huge fan.

I'm always confused by Toriyama's art. His sketches for Battle of Gods were wildly inconsistent in style. The Super Saiyan God design looked nothing like the other stuff from around the same time frame.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Seriously, Toriyama should stop playing with colours or else in the next movie we are gonna have Green Super Saiyan God or sth weird like that.

Now, as Goku said in the movie this is Super Saiyan with the aura of a Super Saiyan God. Just remember that the actual Red version of SSJ God doesn't have the Super Saiyan's hairstyle. What does this mean? Is Blue SSJ God weaker than the Red one or is it the next stage of the Red SSJ God (Super Saiyan God 2)?

And I am sure that Vegeta did transform into the actual Red Super Saiyan God before this Movie. That would explain how his body has the aura of a Super Saiyan God.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Transformations are Shonen #101. It's an intrinsic part of what Dragonball is about, and it's big money from a brand and merchandising perspective. As long as there are new Dragonball Z features, there will be new transformations. To a lot of people, it's a downright selling point. What would 'Episode of Bardock' have to push issues if not for Super Saiyan Bardock? Or Dragonball Heroes have if not for endless 'what-if' transformations? Heck, the entire business model for the game has depended on them.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:50 pm

The more I look at that picture the more I don't like it. Gold is the best maybe white or light gray, but blue? Don't do. Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit but it looks like Toei and Toriyama are focusing these Movies on a very very young audience. SSJGod Goku and SSjGodSmurf are a very cute transformation for little girls and boys to enjoy.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Blade wrote:Transformations are Shonen #101. It's an intrinsic part of what Dragonball is about, and it's big money from a brand and merchandising perspective. As long as there are new Dragonball Z features, there will be new transformations. To a lot of people, it's a downright selling point. What would 'Episode of Bardock' have to push issues if not for Super Saiyan Bardock? Or Dragonball Heroes have if not for endless 'what-if' transformations? Heck, the entire business model for the game has depended on them.
Introducing too many new forms too fast ain't good for the business though. Nobody's saying there shouldn't be new forms, but 1 every new movie? And Frieza's golden form already filled "upgrade" quota pretty nicely I think, don't think blue hair was really a must

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:51 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Decided to vectorise that Toriyama sketch from earlier since I'm absolutely in love with it - http://ajaylikesgaming.deviantart.com/a ... -525849552
Definitely my favourite work from him in a long time. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Toyotarō! His work is quite different, so I'm sure it's not.

I also did a little smoothed version to see how it'd look with that Dragon Quest style he's done in the past. Not a huge fan.

I'm always confused by Toriyama's art. His sketches for Battle of Gods were wildly inconsistent in style. The Super Saiyan God design looked nothing like the other stuff from around the same time frame.
I absolutely love the new blue-haired super saiyan. It looks awesome.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.