Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:18 am

Zombie wrote:Where do you guys have Goku after losing SSJG (6)?
Eh? Goku never lost the form.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:02 am

Zombie wrote:What are your gaps between CG SSJ Goku, Cell (Not FP) and SSJ Gohan guys?
SS Goku - 36

SS Gohan - 55

Cell (powered up suppression) - 42
--- @ all out speed (powered up vs. Gohan) - 62
Last edited by SSJ2FutureGohan on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:17 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I think he is wondering about Goku's base and SS forms after SSG powered down.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:53 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I think he is wondering about Goku's base and SS forms after SSG powered down.
Exactly. How much did his power went down?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Beerus said that the decrease was insignificant, so I would put a 5,8.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Did SSJ increased his power at all?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Zombie wrote:Did SSJ increased his power at all?
Maybe at 5,85? There isn't any significant difference between Goku's forms (base, SS, SS2, SS3, SSGod) after he absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God. Beerus says this, Goku didn't notice a difference when changing forms, Toriyama said that Goku doesn't need SSGod anymore, and FnF implies that base Goku is about as strong as God Goku. The only transformation that seems to give Goku a significant increase is Super Saiyan God SS, but that increase is at most a x1.5 increase. Assuming that Super Saiyan God SS2 & Super Saiyan God SS3 are possible (Toriyama's comment about Goku not using SS2 & SS3 anymore implies they are possible), must have became like Super Saiyan Grade 2: they give a significant increase, but the ki consuption makes them worse than SSGSS.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Zombie wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:I think he is wondering about Goku's base and SS forms after SSG powered down.
Exactly. How much did his power went down?
I guess anything between 1 and 6 works just fine, with SS being stronger than Base. Think that probably Beerus had SS3 Goku as a reference, so even if Goku powered down he was still much stronger than before. In RF I think Goku managed to control that power at its fullest, thus changing his SS color.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:47 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Although Rild was stronger than Gohan, who the Perfect Files claimed didn't neglect his training... and we know Pure Buu is fodder to Ultimate Gohan.

Rild > GT Gohan > Ultimate Gohan >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pure Buu
The Anime filler has Kid Buu > Super Buu. It has a couple of statements (but it still keeps the Super Buu > Kid Buu statements) plus FEATS of Goku doing better vs Buutenks then Gohan and the fake Gohan and Gotenks were stated in a guidebook iirc to be the same strength as the real ones.
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:53 pm

xmysticgohanx wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Although Rild was stronger than Gohan, who the Perfect Files claimed didn't neglect his training... and we know Pure Buu is fodder to Ultimate Gohan.

The Anime filler has Kid Buu > Super Buu. It has a couple of statements (but it still keeps the Super Buu > Kid Buu statements) plus FEATS of Goku doing better vs Buutenks then Gohan and the fake Gohan and Gotenks were stated in a guidebook iirc to be the same strength as the real ones.
GT follows Manga logic, not the contradictory Z anime: http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8394889/1/

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:10 am

xmysticgohanx wrote:

Anime filler still has Super Buu > Pure Buu. Those couple statements don't override every single other statement and feat. Almost all of them portray Super Buu as stronger (also, we all know how idiotic Pure Buu > Buuhan is as a general idea). Including several which are anime-exclusive.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Fukkatsu no F base Goku should be a 1 in power, in comparison to SSG state's 6. I would say his Blueper Saiyan transformation would probably put him at 6 again. Maybe 7 due to training with Whis. I don't actually know if Golden Frieza is truly stronger than him, since from the reviews I've been hearing

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:15 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Completed my latest battle power list. The format was blatantly ripped off from from Zombie's newest list, though with some modifications (dividing characters by faction, listing heights for some of them because I wanted to, the presence of a handful of other movie characters, etc.). I just recently finished it and only read it over once, so I probably made a mistake or ten. Feedback and corrections are welcomed:

Powuh Levels
Random question: Have you ever considered doing GT?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Completed my latest battle power list. The format was blatantly ripped off from from Zombie's newest list, though with some modifications (dividing characters by faction, listing heights for some of them because I wanted to, the presence of a handful of other movie characters, etc.). I just recently finished it and only read it over once, so I probably made a mistake or ten. Feedback and corrections are welcomed:

Powuh Levels
Random question: Have you ever considered doing GT?
No. For a few reasons, but mostly because I haven't actually watched GT all the way through.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:46 am

johnboy1 wrote:For what it's worth, I'm making a simple list in English of the major characters and their respective battle powers by trying to untangle the Google translation. I'll post it here when I'm done.
I threw together a rundown of Chou-Koshiki's post-Freeza stuff, now that they're apparently going to start revising things in light of RoF.
........Well, that was a good way to brush up on my huge Japanese numbers. That guy really loves his inflation. He could probably work Nakao's "100 quintillion" joke into his scheme without too much effort.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Why does he have Redjic stronger than Rild??

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Just a headcanon scale I came up with I figured I might as well post here. This ignores the statement that it takes 300 kilis to destroy a planet, since that was in the anime only so I consider it non-canon and it doesn't really make sense. Anyway, my scale:

1,000,000 power level = 1 kili
100,000 kilis = 1 God power scale
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

thefalseprophecy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by thefalseprophecy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Awesome work Herms! I'm curious as to why the numbers are so damn high.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Some really weird things in there. Oob having a Kaio-ken level? GT Goku only being 7.5 billion?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:33 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Why does he have Redjic stronger than Rild??
It's supposed to be Rild's base form, where he fights evenly with base Goku, whereas Goku needed to become Super Saiyan to beat Redict. I haven't seen GT in ages so I don't know how accurate that is, but that's the site's view on things anyway.
thefalseprophecy wrote:Awesome work Herms! I'm curious as to why the numbers are so damn high.
The site's creator(s) are really big on inflation. They've even got a whole page explaining how big numbers are "necessary" for a "correct" understanding of the series. More than any particular number, it's the site's attitude that I find most off-putting.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.