Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dyno
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Dyno » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 pm

In the Jaaku Mission 2 trailer, King Cold's armor is mistakenly colored with bronze, if I remember correctly.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:40 pm

Man some of this RF merch are pretty nifty. found this 3d art frame:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Man some of this RF merch are pretty nifty. found this 3d art frame:
That's really cool. Especially the Shenlong one.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:59 pm

It is the same item lol, it's on them one's that changes pictures when you look at it from a different angle, I forgot the proper term, I want to say lenticular but I am not sure lol

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It is the same item lol, it's on them one's that changes pictures when you look at it from a different angle, I forgot the proper term, I want to say lenticular but I am not sure lol
D'oh! :oops:

ShadowWolf87
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShadowWolf87 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It is the same item lol, it's on them one's that changes pictures when you look at it from a different angle, I forgot the proper term, I want to say lenticular but I am not sure lol
Hologram, technically.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:37 pm

It's a lenticular. Holograms are typically two pictures taken from different viewpoints to represent a 3D image.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Dyno wrote:Hope some of these 590 questions answers my doubts, wonderings, questions...
What is this?
Where is it featured?
Is it part of Vol. [F] or is it its own thing?

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Has anybody posted this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lve-2wkdbPY
Its the music video for the short version of Z's Vow
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:57 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:The next film will be "Fukkatsu No C" aka The Revival of Cell.
Cell is brought back from the dead and is wants against Son Gohan and co. He believes that he can wipe of the saiyan with only 3 months of training.
Nah that would mean giving a crap about Gohan. Cell would just want revenge on Goku and for some reason Vegeta. He'll beat up Gohan but or some reason won't really care once he does.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Am I the only one who thought Shen Long was quite small in the film? Size wise. I understand that Shen Long's size has varied considerably throughout the franchise, but still.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:Abo & Cado are cited in Vol. F Book.

What is Chilled doing there?! What is that section anyway?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:47 pm

dae428 wrote:Also it's quite clear that Toriyama wouldn't stoop that low. Seriously that's just silly.
Bluper Saiyan and Piss Freeza aren't?

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:09 pm

dae428 wrote:I heard it's green!
Great, that marks the second time they steal a page from Broly's book.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 pm

UK fans...anybody else getting a little bit impatient with Manga UK? I've been thinking about it and I just have a bad feeling they're going to let us down (again). This film seems to be announced everywhere and Manga UK are just throwing out subtle hints here and there without confirming anything. Just drawing fans in, telling them to support other releases, tweeting about meetings they've had with big companies etc. Just got this feeling they're going to announce it and there will be one screening in Scotland or something and that will be it.

I'm not sure I trust them to deliver what I think us UK fans want which is a proper cinema release, even if it is just for a limited time only. I hope I'm wrong on this one, but I just wish they'd announce something already instead of keeping us in the dark.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Honestly, if a fanfiction writer came up with Blue SSJ, he would have been laughed at in this very site.
But since Toriyama did it, a lot of people are giving it a pass.

Which is BS.

(I don't dislike the form, i think it looks kinda cool. It's just boring/unoriginal tho)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:26 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:UK fans...anybody else getting a little bit impatient with Manga UK? I've been thinking about it and I just have a bad feeling they're going to let us down (again). This film seems to be announced everywhere and Manga UK are just throwing out subtle hints here and there without confirming anything. Just drawing fans in, telling them to support other releases, tweeting about meetings they've had with big companies etc. Just got this feeling they're going to announce it and there will be one screening in Scotland or something and that will be it.

I'm not sure I trust them to deliver what I think us UK fans want which is a proper cinema release, even if it is just for a limited time only. I hope I'm wrong on this one, but I just wish they'd announce something already instead of keeping us in the dark.
I'm not getting impatient, just very anxious. I realistically don't think Dragon Ball Z will ever make it cinemas is London, but I'm gonna remain optimistic, dammit. :P

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:31 pm

There's not even a date for the US release, why would you feel anxious yet?

They've said they were having meetings to talk scheduling. That's great news.

You're not going to hear anything concrete until FUNi do their announcements.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:Honestly, if a fanfiction writer came up with Blue SSJ, he would have been laughed at in this very site.
But since Toriyama did it, a lot of people are giving it a pass.

Which is BS.

(I don't dislike the form, i think it looks kinda cool. It's just boring/unoriginal tho)
Someone did; I don't remember who, but someone on these forums back after BOG came out and before F was announced photoshopped an aqua-blue-haired ssj Vegeta and posted it here. Then later on someone else on the forum took a copy to show Ryo Horikawa at a Con and Horikawa liked how it looked.

Did that person indirectly contribute to bluper saiyan's design or was it independent of that? I dunno.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:35 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:They've said they were having meetings to talk scheduling.
They have? Holy shit! I never knew about that. :shock:

Now, I'm kinda excited. :P