Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Image

And doesn't it look just great
It doesn't count if some deviantartist does it, that's dumb. Now if Toriyama drew that, then you'd get people fawning over it.
Toriyama is not immune from criticism. He never has, never was and never will be. People called out Toriyama over the Dragon Ball Minus "fiasco" and there are still quite a few people that don't like the designs of the new forms or the names for them. Some people like the direction that Toriyama is taking with the franchise and others don't. It's called having an opinion.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Insistence on any kind of hivemind mentality is absolutely absurd, and it's even more so to see it coming from you, Rocketman. You've been here more than long enough to know that different people like different things. Let's not pretend you don't like things I like and don't like and vice versa. We've been through this song and dance. Spare us, please.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Gonna save that for whenever I make a positive point about Episode of Bardock, Kamiccolo9 or whoever else appears out of nowhere just to say "but it is universally pawned, so you must not like it as well".

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Dyno wrote:Don't know if it was already posted but here it is.
Ah, yes. The figures that started it all...
Looks like they also adapted Toriyama's current SSJ hair design.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:21 pm

And they adapted for the better, I must say. Xenoverse also did the same, in the matter of colors.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:28 pm

All the "official" art for the new forms uses a terrible shade of blue. It definitely looks great in the movie, but the official art... eehh.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:All the "official" art for the new forms uses a terrible shade of blue. It definitely looks great in the movie, but the official art... eehh.
The only moment I've seen it look great in the movie is during that scene in your avatar.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:14 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:All the "official" art for the new forms uses a terrible shade of blue. It definitely looks great in the movie, but the official art... eehh.
The only moment I've seen it look great in the movie is during that scene in your avatar.
You don't like it here?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:18 pm

I like how they included Satan in there just 'cuz! :lol: I wouldn't mind that Freeza actually.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:42 pm

-About transformations-
As far they go, I don't mind Toriyama stop using them/ making new forms.

If we get to see more Gods, I wanted them to be strong enough in their base form without need to transform, like Beerus and Whis. Most movies we got, had the main villain have transformations, so stop following that pattern it would be a breath of fresh air to me. Also, there's a limit we can go with just recolors. So for them, I don't want any.

About Goku and Vegeta. I still want to see MSSJG Gogeta. Don't see any problem if Goku uses his God Ki to turn ssj3 either. Just don't give me a new color.

The mystic concept is a good way out to stop using transformations. But seems like there are people that don't understand why in ROF Base Goku can keep with Freeza while Gohan SSJ2 can't (ignoring BOG events and thinking that's the normal base Goku there).
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:17 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Insistence on any kind of hivemind mentality is absolutely absurd, and it's even more so to see it coming from you, Rocketman. You've been here more than long enough to know that different people like different things. Let's not pretend you don't like things I like and don't like and vice versa. We've been through this song and dance. Spare us, please.
I'm not saying anything about a nonexistant 'hivemind' conspiracy. I'm saying it's the same shit that DBZ Uncensored guy did a decade ago when he pitched a fit over Freeza's line that his parent/s beat him...until he found out that was Toriyama's line, and then he started the fawning.

Bluper Saiyan and Piss Freeza would be roundly mocked for being shitty no-effort recolors just like every single other shitty no-effort recolor of the last two decades, except ~Toriyama~ made the no-effort, so they're magically cool and good and simple and OMG GOTTA BUY MERCHANDISE DAT WACKY TORIYAMA

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:19 pm

They're still being mocked. The one I see being mocked less is the normal SSJG, but both SSGSS and G. Freeza's designs are a laughing stock for the majority of the community.

And, to me, I honestly don't care who made it as long as it looks appealing. SSJG does, SSGSS does, G. Freeza doesn't, couldn't care less who designed them.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Doctor. wrote:They're still being mocked. The one I see being mocked less is the normal SSJG, but both SSGSS and G. Freeza's designs are a laughing stock for the majority of the community.

And, to me, I honestly don't care who made it as long as it looks appealing. SSJG does, SSGSS does, G. Freeza doesn't, couldn't care less who designed them.
SSJG is a worse offense than SSJGSSJ and Golden Frieza since it was the first new transformation in a decade after SSJ3 and 4, was hyped up by trailers, and has "God" in its title. I get people like that it's cute (I do too), but that went against expectations; the form was a spit in the face to fans.

SSJGSSJ is the laziest transformation in the entire series.

Golden Frieza in this movie is pretty ugly, but the Xenoverse version is really cool. It's a form that just needs some tweaking.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:39 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:They're still being mocked. The one I see being mocked less is the normal SSJG, but both SSGSS and G. Freeza's designs are a laughing stock for the majority of the community.

SSJG is a worse offense than SSJGSSJ and Golden Freeza since it was the first new transformation in a decade after SSJ3 and 4, was hyped up by trailers, and has "God" in its title. I get people like that it's cute (I do too), but that went against expectations; the form was a spit in the face to fans.

Golden Freeza in this movie is pretty ugly, but the Xenoverse version is really cool. It's a form that just needs some tweaking.
I liked that it it was unexpected, and despite all the complains I hear about the form, I haven't seen a fanart that looks better than the real thing yet.

SSGSS isn't even a transformation why can't people get this, it's a fusion of two forms.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:48 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:SSJG is a worse offense than SSJGSSJ and Golden Freeza since it was the first new transformation in a decade after SSJ3 and 4, was hyped up by trailers, and has "God" in its title. I get people like that it's cute (I do too), but that went against expectations; the form was a spit in the face to fans.
As someone who never liked the flashy fan-made Super Saiyan designs, I don't personally agree. Ever since I was a preteen I've always wanted a new transformation that looked a bit closer to Goku's base than the other forms while also being a little more distinct than something like Kaioken, and I think SSG was the perfect realization of that. The red hair/eyes fit really well with Goku's color scheme in my opinion and the slimmer build reminded me of Freeza's final form, which I love, so overall I felt it had this very fitting, sleek appearance that fell in line with my personal idealization of what a cool SS transformation would look like. There's something about its simple elegance that reminds me of deities, too, so there's that.

Conversely, I'm not feeling SSGSS as much but it has definitely grown on me. Golden Freeza has too, but to a lesser extent.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Rocketman wrote:Bluper Saiyan and Piss Freeza would be roundly mocked for being shitty no-effort recolors just like every single other shitty no-effort recolor of the last two decades, except ~Toriyama~ made the no-effort, so they're magically cool and good and simple and OMG GOTTA BUY MERCHANDISE DAT WACKY TORIYAMA
They are roundly mocked. Either you have every single member of this forum who doesn't like it on your ignore list, or you're saying that nobody is allowed to be okay with them. The people who mocked them on deviantart are probably still mocking them, and the people who are okay with them are likely to have been okay with the ones on deviantart.

But I guess we don't know. Sure, it might be the same case as the DBZ Uncensored guy example, but we can't say for certain. You're just assuming that it is, and using damn near every single one of your posts as of late to complain about a conclusion you've arbitrarily drawn.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Just gonna leave this here...

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Rocketman wrote:except ~Toriyama~ made the no-effort, so they're magically cool and good and simple and OMG GOTTA BUY MERCHANDISE DAT WACKY TORIYAMA
I recall a lot of people liking this artist's rendition of SSGSS even though it wasn't made by Toriyama
http://elordy.deviantart.com/art/Goku-S ... -524959436

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:03 pm

Doctor. wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:

SSJG is a worse offense than SSJGSSJ and Golden Freeza since it was the first new transformation in a decade after SSJ3 and 4, was hyped up by trailers, and has "God" in its title. I get people like that it's cute (I do too), but that went against expectations; the form was a spit in the face to fans.

Golden Freeza in this movie is pretty ugly, but the Xenoverse version is really cool. It's a form that just needs some tweaking.
I liked that it it was unexpected, and despite all the complains I hear about the form, I haven't seen a fanart that looks better than the real thing yet.

SSGSS isn't even a transformation why can't people get this, it's a fusion of two forms.
Remove the tattoos and replace green eyes with red, and I prefer this fan concept (basically, no pupils, significantly spikier hair, and BULK):
As for SSGSS...idk why I wrote that. I, myself, knew he would redesign SSJ when this movie was announced. I guess I'm bitter he chose blue. This seems more like a fusion of SSJ and SSJG (just add red eyes):

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:
Just gonna leave this here...
But this doesn't belong in this thread. Oh well. :|
EA575 wrote:I recall a lot of people liking this artist's rendition of SSGSS even though it wasn't made by Toriyama
http://elordy.deviantart.com/art/Goku-S ... -524959436

That's because that fanart is better than what we see in the actual movie, that is a shade of blue which should have been used in the movie.
Last edited by Dyno on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.