Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:54 am

Final Battle Leaked :wink:
Just kidding... Would have loved for this to be the actual ending...
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:10 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Long hair and no eyebrows is..too much going on? :eh:
Seems like a basic and natural progression to me.
It is to me. All that hair... It's just going way overboard. Toriyama had a SSJ3 design that was SSJ2 hair, no eyebrows, and a gold tail. I love that design. But, I suppose part of the point of SSJ3, in a meta sense, is that it's too over-the-top and impractical for a living Goku to use hence the problem he was having against Kid Buu. So, I give it a pass the same way I give Battle Powers a pass because the whole point is that they're unreliable garbage that limits the growth of people who rely on them.

As something we're supposed to be seeing a lot of, though, I think simple is best. That's part of why why I love Full Power SSJ just being SSJ with less villainous eyes. It shows complete mastery of the form in a simple and direct way.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:38 am

You know, at first I was all for the blue hair. But the more I think about it the less I like it. It just looks, less original or something. Less cool. SSJ with it's gold aura and shiny hair gave off this "godly" look of power and just plain was awesome. I know in my heart of hearts that even though I want to believe the blue hair is cool, it's not as cool as just plain old SSJ was. It does kind of feel like, after getting Toriyama's explanations on the designs, that he didn't have any actual new ideas here.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:56 am

I have a question for anyone who's seen the movie. When Whis rewinds time, do we see everything go in reverse, or does it just skip to a previous point before the Earth was destroyed? Or is there some other effect/depiction that shows it?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:33 am

TheRed259 wrote:Don't expect me to post any video of course.
A great moment for Vegeta even though it was short.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:12 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Flame Dragon wrote:If it is like this, just stop with new transformations altogether.
I'd rather not get Rainbow SSJ.
That's ironic considering your avatar.
You don't like me giving spoilers to the next new movie form made by Toriyama™ ?
Last edited by Flame Dragon on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:23 am

That punch looks basic but effective. The second picture look like a fan made drawing (it's real ik). 7/10 pictures. Though I find it funny. This reminds me of an Icee or 7-11 Slurpee commercial or advertisement.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:24 am

Just saw the leaked video of Goku and Vegeta vs Freeza and it was absolutely incredible!!!!!!

hexcode99

Post by hexcode99 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:26 am

Watched the leaked video on youtube and looks like Golden Frieza has a good edge over SSGSS Goku powerwise (dodging attacks/overpowering).
Fresh SSGSS Vegeta seems to jump in after Golden Frieza has had his battle with Goku and is weakened. So that is kind of a lame one sided fight.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:31 am

hexcode99 wrote:So that is kind of a lame one sided fight.
Sure it's one sided but it's still great to see Vegeta beat Freeza down to his knees.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

hexcode99

Post by hexcode99 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:43 am

sintzu wrote:
hexcode99 wrote:So that is kind of a lame one sided fight.
Sure it's one sided but it's still great to see Vegeta beat Freeza down to his knees.
Not for me because I am a Frieza fan.
Wish I could have tossed him a Senzu Bean! :D

Few questions:
Does Frieza attain his 100% 4th Form during the movie?
When Frieza blows up Earth does he die too or is he shown to be alive?
When Frieza returns to Hell how can that same cocoon still hold him when his power level is now so much higher?
Last edited by hexcode99 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:55 am

Whis apparently states that Freeza didn't die because he can survive in space, but we don't actually see Freeza or anything like that.
Kendamu wrote:It's assumed by Whis that Freeza survived his own planet buster because he can survive in space.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:28 am

I don't really agree that SS4 has too much going on (though I can certainly see that viewpoint), and overall, I do like it best as a 'final transformation' design. That's the problem though - it's already been done. And if anything new came up and re-used that design or even did anything like it, then people would be complaining about it's design being aped (ha!) just like they're complaining about the blue haired form. My point being that people just love to complain.

I'm still getting used to the blue haired form. I can't say it's going to be a favorite or anything. I also can't say I'm fond of the long, unwieldy name of 'Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan' for what is essentially not even a new form at all, but I understand the marketing perspective as well. But I do genuinely enjoy what Toriyama is giving us nowadays. Yes, shame on me for still enjoying something from the original author, just because a part of the fandom has suddenly decried everything he comes up with to be 'shit', right? I guess I'm missing out by seeing the positive side of things rather than focusing on the few things I might not like as much, oh woe is me, but I just can't do that, and fail to see why anyone else would want to either.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:35 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
That punch looks basic but effective. The second picture look like a fan made drawing (it's real ik). 7/10 pictures. Though I find it funny. This reminds me of an Icee or 7-11 Slurpee commercial or advertisement.
Vegeta's fighting style is VERY and I mean VEERRY different from Goku....
Vegeta=Boxing+kick boxing type
Goku=Martial artist
The Vegeta vs Freeza fight was like a DBZ version of Manny Pacquiao vs Mayweather, tho one of em cannot land a hit anymore.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:36 am

I actually really like the look of the blue ssj form, specifically the blue flame aura. It actually makes the form look godly. If it didn't have that type of aura then I probably wouldn't be that fond of it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Goku=Martial artist
The Vegeta vs Freeza fight was like a DBZ version of Manny Pacquiao vs Mayweather, tho one of em cannot land a hit anymore.
Boxing and kickboxing are martial arts...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:43 am

Birusu16 wrote:I actually really like the look of the blue ssj form, specifically the blue flame aura. It actually makes the form look godly. If it didn't have that type of aura then I probably wouldn't be that fond of it.
To me it actually seems like Akira Toriyama is focusing more on the aura rather than their appearance. The blue aura looks way more awesome than SSG Aura, that is if the aura was Akira Toriyama's idea.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:44 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Boxing and kickboxing are martial arts...
Yeah but when I said Goku as Martial arts I meant a lot of kinds like kung fu etc. while on Vegeta's part its mainly just boxing style.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Goku=Martial artist
I wasn't grading their fighting style. But basic I meant that it lacked impact. Second boxing is a form of marital arts. Third why are you bringing Goku into this as if I was comparing the two.
But I do genuinely enjoy what Toriyama is giving us nowadays. Yes, shame on me for still enjoying something from the original author, just because a part of the fandom has suddenly decried everything he comes up with to be 'shit', right? I guess I'm missing out by seeing the positive side of things rather than focusing on the few things I might not like as much, oh woe is me, but I just can't do that, and fail to see why anyone else would want to either.
The last two pages had no one complainng about modern Toriyama (except maybe design wise since Golden Freeza, BSSJ, and SSG are not the best looking form). I don't see the point of your sarcasm and complainng about complainng (a double negative) if..it wasn't really no complaints.