Will Toriyama ever reintroduce tails/Oozaru?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Flame Dragon
Regular

Will Toriyama ever reintroduce tails/Oozaru?

Post by Flame Dragon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:12 am

This topic is not about the GT rendition of tails/Oozaru/SSJ4, as we all know how that turned out. Some people liked it, others didn't.

This topic is speculation on whether or not Toriyama will return to use the tails on the series.
We all know since Toriyama return, he's been doing things his own way, so he will never acknowledge SSJ4.

Nowadays, apart from GT, the tails look like an afterthought in Saiyan biology.
They were such a big part of Saiyan/Goku identity in the early days, after SSJ they became completely pointless.

If we get even more movies, i would love for Goku and Vegeta to get their tails back. Not necessarily for a new form.

Perhaps Toriyama could say "the Saiyan tails are important for they allow SSJ energy to be channeled more easily in the Saiyan body..."
Toriyama first sketches of SSJ3 had a golden tail, so he probably had some kind of idea like this.

GT kinda toyed with this idea by allowing Goku to use SSJ3 more easily after he regrew his tail. Altho it was only slighty hinted at, and also become pointless since SSJ4 happened.

Why not go the full way?
Make it so Goku and Vegeta regrow their tails, either naturally or via Shenron, and then have the tails function as a catalyst for SSJ.
Perhaps have Goku discover that SSJ3 was incomplete without a tail, and with a tail the draining effects of the form are halved.

So a new movie where Goku will finally be able to mix SSJ3 with God Ki (blue SSJ3 with blue tail?), without the problem of running out of fuel/destroying his life span in 1 minute.
The movie will also show Vegeta train to achieve SSJ3 so he will be able to use it with SSJG.

This sounds like a cool idea. And to be honest, tails are probably the coolest thing about Saiyans (Saiyans in Xenoverse have no tails, why Dimps WHYYYYY???), not to mention that they are the only thing to distinguish them apart from humans.
I also love how the tails turn golden in SSJ.
I would like something cool to do with Oozaru tho, altho still haven't got a good idea for that one.
Like this idea? Or maybe propose your idea.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Will Toriyama ever reintroduce tails/Oozaru?

Post by Doctor. » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:16 am

Saiyan tails turned golden in GT, but not in Episode of Bardock

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:20 am

Doctor. wrote:Saiyan tails turned golden in GT, but not in Episode of Bardock
But Toriyama didn't write that one, besides if i remember correctly tails turned gold only with SSJ3 in GT, so my idea makes even more sense.

Anyway, Toriyama never showed what SSJ with a tail does in his own canon.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:39 am

What a great deal Toriyama has never shown Super Saiyans with tails. :yawn: It's not like he is going to be consistent with that.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:39 am

Would the tail weakness still apply? Maybe in SSJ even those who are normally immune to it have it become a weak spot again.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Tatakae!!Ramenman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatakae!!Ramenman » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:13 am

I want them to get their tails back because I just like the way they look better with tails design wise. Also, it annoyed me so much that Vegeta says his tail will grow back and then never does. I'm still waiting!!
Neo died for our smiths.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 pm

I would have preferred Super Saiyan 3 with the tail reintroduced, with some kind of explanation stating that it incorporates the power of the Oozaru into Super Saiyan. I guess that would have soundly prevented Super Saiyan 4 from ever happening, though.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Would the tail weakness still apply? Maybe in SSJ even those who are normally immune to it have it become a weak spot again.
Well, it certainly would make combat more interesting, since Saiyans have pretty much no weaknesses anymore.
They would have to protect their tails, similar to Raditz, to avoid losing a buttload of ki.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Oozarus are pretty much pointless these days. Vegeta is the only one who can control his Oozaru form while Goku can not.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:45 pm

I like the tails. There's added expressiveness that comes with them. Would definitely welcome them back.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:46 pm

I hope not. If Toriyama really wanted to, please just not on the main cast.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:49 pm

fexus wrote:I hope not. If Toriyama really wanted to, please just not on the main cast.

Indeed, it would be cool to see Gine and Tarble as Oozarus.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:29 pm

Don't really care about Oozaru, but I do really want the tails back. I really like saiyans having tails. Most of the time they look like super powered humans.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:06 pm

I've always wanted to see an adult Goku with a tail, especially after seeing the fourth GT ending. I think saiyajin look a lot better with the tail, it gives their look more of a sense of barbarism, a species who values pride and honor more than their own lives, not that I would want to see the Goku and co. to start behaving that way but that's just what the appearance of a saiyajin with a tail conveys to me. Not to mention, that none of them really do care about pride and honor and to me that makes them appear even stronger since they were able to overcome such primitive ambitions. AS for Oozaru, I think it'd be interesting to see it every now and then but not very often. I like kaiju and I like Dragon Ball but I don't really think they'd mix well on a regular basis.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Doctor. wrote:Saiyan tails turned golden in GT, but not in Episode of Bardock
No, they don't, only SSJ3 tails. And even they are no longer golden in Heroes.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:02 pm

I certainly wouldn't mind if Toriyama did reintroduce tails. It really made the Saiyans stand out and added mystique to the race as a whole.