What are your wishes for the next Dragon Ball Z Film?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What are your wishes for the next Dragon Ball Z Film?

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:48 am

A villain with lots of henchmen so we can have something like this scene. And not just with the Saiyans as it would be glorious in a DBZ movie.

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:21 am

Some of the choreography from RoF were very impressive; it wouldn't be bad to to keep that energy for future films. But practically everything's been focusing on the Z fighters. Maybe we can branch out and skip forward a couple of centuries? :O
That means now we'll get new Majins, Namekians, and maybe even Freeza's-race kids walking all over Earth. Oh, also, here comes Towa and Mira and I hear things happening with some remnants of Freeza's army, something called the Red Pants Army, Cell, and this guy named Naraku. Wow, seems like this story can practically go in any direction!

Your move, sensei. :3
Last edited by HG-Project on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:26 am

Letting the shafted characters shine instead of resurrecting characters. Like, no more Bardock stuff.

Through, I do kinda like how Bio-Broli brings back Broli but lets the B-characters shine. I could go for a mix of that.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:54 am

Goku out of commission.
Stop letting Gohan be Yamcha'd.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:54 am

Gohan going mystic and jobbing to the main enemy in the movie while protecting his family.
A full alien invasion.
Z fighters fight a lot of enemies and using their full power.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:08 am

I want to see a movie that turns everything on its head.

300 years later, the descendants of Goku and Vegeta have taken over Earth and rule with a super saiyan's iron fist. However, a band of pure human rebels, two of which house the reincarnated souls of Freeza and Cell, are ready to fight back.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:16 am

FoolsGil wrote:I want to see a movie that turns everything on its head.

300 years later, the descendants of Goku and Vegeta have taken over Earth and rule with a super saiyan's iron fist. However, a band of pure human rebels, two of which house the reincarnated souls of Freeza and Cell, are ready to fight back.
Too serious business for DB. Even Future Trunks' world was too serious business for DB and it was in it only as a future alternative world (now the "real" one) that ends up also getting saved.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:18 am

Bardock's story was serious business too.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:21 am

Doctor. wrote:Bardock's story was serious business too.
And notoriously unlike everything else in Dragon Ball. Still, it also had the future visions reminding us how everything would work out in the future and we never feel too bad for the saiyans since they are bastards after all.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:41 am

Being different than what Dragon Ball usually is isn't a bad thing. A change of pace once in a while is a good thing. Dragon Ball wouldn't be nearly as entertaining or good if it were all love and peace, no edgy business pls 24/7.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 am

Doctor. wrote:Being different than what Dragon Ball usually is isn't a bad thing. A change of pace once in a while is a good thing. Dragon Ball wouldn't be nearly as entertaining or good if it were all love and peace, no edgy business pls 24/7.
And I didn't state that... There's plenty of tense and serious moments in the series, but never really too much. The scenario proposed seemed to have too much of that. That's what I stated.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:02 am

rereboy wrote:

Too serious business for DB. Even Future Trunks' world was too serious business for DB and it was in it only as a future alternative world (now the "real" one) that ends up also getting saved.
DB is serious business. Let us not forget the Saiyan saga where practically everyone we cared about died horrible deaths, or the Freeza Saga where it's reveale the universe is controlled by a "Space Napole-Hitler" the Cell Saga with the Apocalypse that you mentioned, and the abomination known as Cell, and finally the Buu Saga where everyone DID die. At least in my movie idea any of the previous ugliness that happens with dictators are already over, so the only deaths would be the rebels, and the descendants.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:13 am

Having tension, action, oh-shit moments and formidable and detestable opponents, while still always expecting that everything will turn out fine thanks to the Dragon Balls and other things, is different from having a depressing and dark tale based on authoritative oppression from the descendants of the heroes.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:34 am

This would only be okay if Goku suddenly comes out from a time machine with the help of time patrol trunks to fix the mistake in this timeline.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:52 am

Like a lot of people said before, Yamcha, Goten, Trunks, Buu and Chaozu fighting alongside the others this time.
And nobody gets one-shotted.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:52 am

Goten/Trunks teens
mirai Trunks
vegeta and goku separately of the rest in another universe, on earth who has enemies to fit the rest of fighters and they have to solve without superdaddysgods
power up for Piccolo
cameo of Bra
know something more about Whiss
NO more transformations, no green/white/rainbow hairs please...
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Beyond Newbie

Post by ThePrinceOfSaiyans » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:12 pm

It would be interesting to see some of the humans in action again.

Krillin and Yamcha need to regain some respect.

Chiaotzu hasnt "fought" since Saiyan saga. He and Tien should get some action too. By action Id prefer them not to be killed or beaten and have Goku save them.

Vegeta needs his turn to shine. He has saved Goku's life so many times in epic ways. He comes in like a badass and does a good speech then gets beat down.

Goku has become overused.

Piririn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Piririn » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:10 pm

I want Freeza to return. Again. And with a new, sparkly-diamond-bling form, fighting rainbow SSJs. Sure, it'd be a terrible movie, but the resulting shitstorm in the fandom would be a million times more entertaining than even the most epic Dragon Ball movie could ever be.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Doctor. wrote:Being different than what Dragon Ball usually is isn't a bad thing. A change of pace once in a while is a good thing. Dragon Ball wouldn't be nearly as entertaining or good if it were all love and peace, no edgy business pls 24/7.
Agreed,

but...

Toriyama won't write this movie. If we don't have him on board, we don't have that same assurance of quality. Many people (myself included) would not consider it a continuation of the manga storyline, thus making it a possibly entertaining work but not really something that adds much to the lore.

Yes, the Bardock special was amazing. I accepted this as part of the original manga storyline because Toriyama included a reference to Bardock in the manga. However, once he actually wrote that story himself, we got something much different.