What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:13 am

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Angelus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:34 am

Just a little something on the side, I actually want to see Kibito Kai turn Mystic and see how useful or not he becomes. He hangs out with Elder Kai all day. Elder Kai also seems to be the type that would like the idea of the Kais being the superior and most powerful kind in the universe. With all that time, Elder Kai may as well just turn Kibito Kai mystic.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:49 am

Things I want to see.
[*]Other gods stronger than berus.
[*]Explanation about the other universes.
[*]What is whis?
[*]Explanation about the deamon realm.
[*]More side characters getting to be badass.
[*]Piccolo or goku taking care of pan.
Things I don't want to see, but probably will still happen.
[*]Story will still probably revolve around pan and the kids.
[*]Goten and trunks high school drama.
[*]Kids are going to tag along in the adventure

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:50 am

Showing off other gods in the other universes and Goku to train off with Uub.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:15 am

I want to see Vegeta beat a couple of boss villains in the series.
I want to see the 11 other gods.
I want to see some of the other characters get some love. Piccolo getting a new form. Maybe making buu and android 18 some love. As well as the others. Maybe human gods
I want a super powerful main and final villain. Someone that makes beerus and whis wet themselves when hearing about his name. It be cool that he created all the evil in the dbz multiverse.
Make goku and vegeta truly equal.
----
If it takes place after EoZ I want Uub to be the main hero and be stronger then goku.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:14 am

Feats, less lowballing, and logical consistency.. As good as the previous saga's e.g freeza. Arale and Toribot in couple appreances. Also freeza, and future trunks 8-|
Last edited by Friezacooler on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:21 am

I wish they explored more on sexuality and politics in Dragon Ball.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:20 am

- Other Universes
- Other Gods and other characters from other universes
- More, more, more of Beerus and Whis
- Uub to be proven worthy for Goku's attention and to become a Human God(with Kid Buu's potential of course)
- More of Pan(her personality to be worthy for a DBZ sequel, I don't like GT Pan)
- Goten and Trunks
- Goku to grow up more
- More of Master Roshi
- More of Jaco and Tights
- Kaioshins to show they are worthy to be Gods of Creations
- More of Goku's familial life(this one is that I missed the most from DBZ)
- Bra-Vegeta interactions
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:53 am

Good animation and fight scenes.

Having the stories take place outside of earth for the most part.

Great character interactions.

Each villain having a different personality from one another.

The spotlight shouldn't be limited to Goku&Vegeta so hopefully everyone gets shine.
shonenhikada wrote:I wish they explored more on sexuality and politics in Dragon Ball.
Doing that would change the theme of the franchise which would be the worst thing they could do.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:31 am

Ow,,well assuming that it continues after RoF...I can't say that there is anyone stronger in Beerus universe so they nead to introduce us to other ones for sure...

If AT doesn't put all in main Goku, we could see god of destruction Goku from other universe or some sheet...since Saiyans are the most popular race, they could use the idea of multiverse and from there use Saiyan god from legend, because seriously, new enemy without good backstory is bad enemy,,,one of the reasons i dislike Beerus, but considering that hes a cat and not realy an enemy i cant blame him...I didn't watch RoF, but Frieza is so overused and those lame 4 months of training (probably without even showing him training and progressing ) just make me think that AT could mess up the whole thing...

Logicly i cant see someone like Gohan, Piccolo, Humans getting any power boost,,,sadly the build up for Gohan in dbz reached its peek, but i would like to see Gohan teaching Ki in school or doing some experiments with it..

Piccolo will just stay Piccolo, Krillin a police officer, Yamcha doing some stuff in desert, Tien and Chaozu just training and i realy would wish to see Goten and Trunks actualy progressing in story...

Hate to admit it, but i have a feeling that this thing will turn out to be just like GT (Goku Time),,,also no blood, torture, good old animation and no caracter growth (well maybe for Goten and Trunks).

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:52 am

I was away from Dragon Ball's discussions for a while because of my graduation process, but I couldn't resist the hype from a new Dragon Ball TV series. It's unreal.

As for the topic: Mirai Trunks being brought back. It was even his voice actor that foresaw all this. I imagined he was talking about further movies. I'm glad things went differently.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:54 am

- No new transformations for a while. We waited a decade and a half and five years passed in-universe so SSJG can be said to have been earned. SSGSS is only two years later, and I feel it's pushing the boundaries.

- Other characters, both existing and newly introduced, becoming and remaining relevant.

- Events involving the other universes.

- Something to confirm, not suggest but confirm, that this timeline does or doesn't lead to GT. Or, heck, that GT leads to this timeline. Whis has already been established to be able to create do-overs. We could have a GT Whis that created a do-over of decades to lead to the BoG-Super timeline (it worked for AbramsTrek).

- A revisit to Future Trunks's timeline. What happened when Babidi showed up? What happened when Beers woke up?

- Consistency of feats. Goku could lift a ton easily and outpace lightning in Dragonball. Roshi is a confirmed moon-buster. Frieza is a confirmed planet-buster. Cell is implied to be a solar-system-buster. If the characters are supposed to be capable of whatever, let it be shown, not just said.

- A female SSJ. If not a harem :D.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 am

Bacon Skittles wrote:
•some event taking place during which GT did, just to piss off GT-canon fanboys
Lol, even if it happens, nothing will change. And it is not welcomed here to act like this.

As for the topic, anyone besides Goku and Vegeta having more than one line. It would be fine.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:59 am

Berserker1921 wrote:I want to see Vegeta beat a couple of boss villains in the series.
I want to see the 11 other gods.
I want to see some of the other characters get some love. Piccolo getting a new form. Maybe making buu and android 18 some love. As well as the others. Maybe human gods
I want a super powerful main and final villain. Someone that makes beerus and whis wet themselves when hearing about his name. It be cool that he created all the evil in the dbz multiverse.
Make goku and vegeta truly equal.
----
If it takes place after EoZ I want Uub to be the main hero and be stronger then goku.
Piccolo gaining a form and the humans becoming gods? This feels like it would be going down the route of some Dragonball AF fan fiction. I hope to god it doesn't go like that.

On topic, I would like to see another arc with Mirai Trunks. That would be pretty great.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:45 am

Something good.
Hitiro wrote:This feels like it would be going down the route of some Dragonball AF fan fiction.
Godku, Piss Freeza and Bluper Saiyan. We're already there.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:58 am

Rocketman wrote:Something good.
Hitiro wrote:This feels like it would be going down the route of some Dragonball AF fan fiction.
Godku, Piss Freeza and Bluper Saiyan. We're already there.
I honestly don't think so with these examples. Purely because these characters already had transformations to begin with. Also the fact that everyone and their son would have a transformation if we give Piccolo a new transformation and give the humans some form of God form too.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:51 pm

- Good animation
- Good music
- The new generation of fighters to be the focal point
- No more new transformations
- Lunch and #17 to return
- The other universes to be explored
- MORE BEERUS!!!
- A female SSJ
- Jaco to make a return

Brian4205
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brian4205 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:53 pm

I hope that we get absolutely zero new saiyan transformations. SSGSS is a great ending place. I honestly believe that it was originally meant for Goku and Vegeta to just stay SS 1 with the use of godly ki like Goku had at the end of BOG but Toei changed the hair color for the marketability of a new transformation. I personally would rather the characters just train to get stronger from this point on. From the sounds of it, it's going to be a little more character driven, focusing on Goku's struggles to maintain peace in the world. I know Toriyama has voiced distant for how anime filler and Gt portrayed Goku as a selfless self rightous hero, maybe the new series will deal with Goku having to accept the responsibility that comes with his power and to become less selfish and more heroic, both of which have been themes in the last two movies. I also get the feeling that it will deal with the point when Goku is no longer strong enough to defend the world, and has to rely on Uub, Goten, Trunks and hopefully Pan to protect the world. That's what I kinda see happening.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:55 pm

-Mini-stories for the secondary characters
-Good animation
-Good original soundtrack
-Hironobu Kageyama (wishful thinking)
-Lapis becoming a regular character
-Some slice-of-life elements
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:58 pm

A pure female saiyan to have kids with Vegeta's brother. I want the Saiyan race to come back strong!