So, Sumitomo will be back for Super?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

So, Sumitomo will be back for Super?

Post by mcdonough88 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:13 pm

And if he does, do you think his previous tracks will be used?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: So, Sumitomo will be back for Super?

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Sumitomo will most likely return for DBS. And hopefully, unlike Kai, he will have a budget to work with. And I'm pretty certain the score he'll conduct will be consist of completely new tracks and won't reuse any previous ones.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:42 am

Yes, Sumitomo is Toei's Dragon Ball music guy now, so they'll most likely use him. Whether any tracks from the movie and The Final Chapters will be recycled or not is anybody's guess, really. It could go either way.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:17 am

I'm nervous about this. I know that the music for Kai 2.0 sucked because he wasn't paid enough, but it still makes me uneasy. At this point I'd honestly rather have Kikuchi back unless we can fly Faulconer over to Japan and get him a job as the score orchestrator. But a new DB series is one miracle as it is. I won't push for another.

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:17 am

Faulconer? no way, Sumitomo's not that good but he doesn't suck as much as Faulconer.
Lets hope Sumitomo has a budget this time.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sun May 03, 2015 7:32 am

Probably. As its been said above, he'll probably have a bigger budget to work with, so we should be able to see some decent scoring from there. I wouldn't mind if some of his older work were recycled as long as there would new pieces to go along with them, much like how Z used Movie music.

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by PrinceVegetto » Sun May 03, 2015 12:36 pm

I feel that he probably will be back. It would be cool if Tokunaga came back. I wonder why Toei doesn't use him anymore...

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun May 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Sumitomo will most likely return for DBS. And hopefully, unlike Kai, he will have a budget to work with. And I'm pretty certain the score he'll conduct will be consist of completely new tracks and won't reuse any previous ones.
So even though he wasn't paid enough that was a reason to make his own image as a composer to be filth?

If Sumitomo's DBS composer then don't let him ruin it, Toei. :-/
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Sumitomo will most likely return for DBS. And hopefully, unlike Kai, he will have a budget to work with. And I'm pretty certain the score he'll conduct will be consist of completely new tracks and won't reuse any previous ones.
So even though he wasn't paid enough that was a reason to make his own image as a composer to be filth?

If Sumitomo's DBS composer then don't let him ruin it, Toei. :-/
I think you're overexaggerating. The music was just one of the problems with DBZ Kai 2.0.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun May 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I think you're overexaggerating. The music was just one of the problems with DBZ Kai 2.0.
I didn't really care about the green tint of Kai 2.0 as that's fixable but the one part they shouldn't have screwed up was the music and that's pretty damn bad because what's done is done and the only way to go back is if they'd rearrange it, and that's just not happening. My only hope is that the International Kai 2.0 has better music placements from Sumitomo than the Japanese Kai 2.0.

Having a good quality soundtrack is as important as voice chat to a team based game.

P.S.: If they offered a Japanese audio track without music (for the main episodes) on the Blu-rays I'd take that! Back in the Kikuchi (DB/DBZ) and Yamamoto (OG Kai) days I never thought of music as a problematic issue but then Kai came along as well as firing Yamamoto for plagiarism.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:06 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I think you're overexaggerating. The music was just one of the problems with DBZ Kai 2.0.
I didn't really care about the green tint of Kai 2.0 as that's fixable but the one part they shouldn't have screwed up was the music and that's pretty damn bad because what's done is done and the only way to go back is if they'd rearrange it, and that's just not happening. My only hope is that the International Kai 2.0 has better music placements from Sumitomo than the Japanese Kai 2.0.

Having a good quality soundtrack is as important as voice chat to a team based game.

P.S.: If they offered a Japanese audio track without music (for the main episodes) on the Blu-rays I'd take that! Back in the Kikuchi (DB/DBZ) and Yamamoto (OG Kai) days I never thought of music as a problematic issue but then Kai came along as well as firing Yamamoto for plagiarism.
Ever since episode 107 the placements have been the same so what you see now in the recent kai episodes is what you get
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 04, 2015 8:51 am

Would have hoped they'd have done a better job for International Kai 2.0 but as you've said it's the same starting from episode 107 I'm feeling sceptical about getting it on Blu-ray then.

Still, if FUNimation puts it up for a reasonable price I'll consider it.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray