Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 06, 2015 5:59 am

I don't know why is that, but I think that visually this movie looks miles above BoG.
I really like every image that goes out and even the moving footage in trailers.
I didn't like the BoG visually that much.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed May 06, 2015 8:16 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:You guys might want to be careful. It's not the same as the videos themselves, but it still feels like it's really starting to push the limits on posting images we're not supposed to have access to.
It doesn't seem different from posting scans of magazines before their official release date, which happens here all the time, so I figured was ok.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 06, 2015 8:34 am

MCDaveG wrote:I don't know why is that, but I think that visually this movie looks miles above BoG.
I really like every image that goes out and even the moving footage in trailers.
I didn't have a problem with how BoG looked before but having seen this comparison earlier in the thread, it really does show how much better "F" looks:

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed May 06, 2015 8:49 am

So I take it it's not wrong to assume when FUNimation releases this on Blu-ray/DVD that on the cover it'll be called "Resurrection of Frieza" rather than "Resurrection of Freeza". :-/

Presume FUNi'll release by 2016 as BoG was in 2014 (Toei was in 2013) when FUNimation published it.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:I don't know why is that, but I think that visually this movie looks miles above BoG.
I didn't have a problem with how BoG looked before but having seen this comparison earlier in the thread, it really does show how much better "F" looks:
Kinda looks like the MoS colour comparison.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Wed May 06, 2015 9:15 am

Your titles are actually both auto corrected by the board. You may want to present what you're saying with spaces or something to make your point.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:So I take it it's not wrong to assume when FUNimation releases this on Blu-ray/DVD that on the cover it'll be called "Resurrection of Freeza" rather than "Resurrection of Freeza". :-/

Wouldn't it just say Resurrection 'F'?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 06, 2015 9:20 am

The international "English" title is officially Resurrection 'F'. FUNimation announced it as such. It's referred to that way in video games. That's what it is. It won't suddenly be renamed with Freeza's name spelled out upon home video release.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am

VegettoEX wrote:The international "English" title is officially Resurrection 'F'. FUNimation announced it as such. It's referred to that way in video games. That's what it is. It won't suddenly be renamed with Freeza's name spelled out upon home video release.
Ah, that's great!

Many thanks, Mike!
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 06, 2015 9:25 am

Re: blueper and Gokû

The only good thing about blueper for me is how Vegeta looks in it. I'm not interested in canons, but if I were, I'd like how blueper kind of blows a hole in GT. That's about it though. I still can't not see it as a cheap replacement when it comes to Gokû. Still unhappy with it, still want to see ssjg mode Gokû again, know I probably won't, thems the breaks. :|
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 06, 2015 11:06 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Man, RF's animations sure looks great. Let's hope Dragon Ball Super gets this sort animation but I'm not holding my breath.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Wed May 06, 2015 11:16 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Man, RF's animations sure looks great. Let's hope Dragon Ball Super gets this sort animation but I'm not holding my breath.
Well, if we get a Maeda movie vs Maeda anime situation, I'm fine.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Sounds pretty good, except for the part where Goku yells Freeza.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed May 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Sounds pretty good, except for the part where Goku yells Freeza.
You think so? Well, Bezerra can actually keep his voice since when he started a decade ago. You would notice a difference in Freeza's voice, his actor can't ending a line keeping the same intonation, that wonderful man got aged, sadly. But I'm pretty happy that overall he can still dub Freeza with all his amazing skills. :wink:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Beerus sounds too throaty and raspy for my liking. :|

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 06, 2015 12:58 pm

I don't like Freeza and Beerus' voices.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed May 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Beerus sounds too throaty and raspy for my liking. :|
That is proposital, since Bills is a cat. Karin has a similar voice as well for the same reason (actually both are dubbed by the same person :)).

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed May 06, 2015 1:21 pm

They don't sound that good(IMO).
Except for Freeza. I like him.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed May 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Well, should say it's just a trailer... The dubbing always gets better in the actual movie. Like CGI... Always bad in trailers but they got better in the actual movie.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Dyno wrote:Well, Bezerra can actually keep his voice since when he started a decade ago. You would notice a difference in Freeza's voice, his actor can't ending a line keeping the same intonation, that wonderful man got aged, sadly. But I'm pretty happy that overall he can still dub Freeza with all his amazing skills. :wink:
I felt the difference in Campanile's voice, he sounds like a old Freeza. It's curious how non-portuguese-speakers people still like his current performance and not Bezerra's. It's incredible how he is the same, I sure love his Goku.