Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Bullza » Fri May 08, 2015 3:59 am

So can anyone give me a release date schedule for the movie in other countries because I haven't been paying much attention lately.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri May 08, 2015 5:36 am

Soundtrack samples are finally up on the Amazon listing:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8A%87%E5%A0 ... B00TOG4Q9C

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 08, 2015 5:53 am

I really like the track 3 - Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen appearance.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 08, 2015 6:18 am

MCDaveG wrote:I really like the track 3 - Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen appearance.
Oh Google. That's "Shenlong Appears", and it's the same track from Battle of Gods I think.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri May 08, 2015 7:01 am

Finally listened to all of the samples. The only pieces on there that have really stuck out to me are tracks 20, 28 and 30; but that might be because I haven't heard them within the context of the movie. Despite that, I am starting to sense a bit of consistency across Sumitomo's work now- a lot of the pieces in here sound very similar to his work in BOG, such as A Peaceful Moment, which is very reminiscent of Bulma's Birthday Party. Although, to be honest, this could be interpreted as a lack of originality. Having said all of that, I'm still having a hard time putting my finger on Sumitomo's style. There does seem to be quite a bit of variance between each individual piece- a few of them sound like they're straight out of Nathan Johnson's score for the English dub of DBZ Movie 12 or one of the more recent DBZ video games.

On a side note, I'm guessing the tracks that they didn't provides samples for are all very short.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 08, 2015 8:07 am

Sumitomo is really bad at happy-sounding tunes but really good with battle tracks, and this showcases this. I liked 20-23 a lot.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri May 08, 2015 8:46 am

I would prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi

He is what John Williams is to StarWars to Dragon Ball, in my opinion.
Doctor. wrote:I don't find TFS funny either, and I'm a fan of their work. They're largely entertaining but I can count on one hand the amount of times they've made me actually laugh.
You don't find funny cause you're not a native english speaker, so you have to see their videos more often to understand some jokes and with subtitles, that's it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 08, 2015 8:50 am

Just listened to all the sample tracks of the OST for RF, tracks 20, 23, 28 and 30, certainly sound the most promising. But I do have to agree with DragonBoxZTheMovies in that some tracks sound quite similar to previous work in BOG. Madness Of Freeza sounds very similar to The Invulnerable Birusu.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 08, 2015 8:59 am

Noah wrote:You don't find funny cause you're not a native english speaker, so you have to see their videos more often to understand some jokes and with subtitles, that's it.
You're making a lot of assumptions here. My English is just as good as a native speaker's and I'm positively sure I get most of the references they make, as you don't need to be from the UK or the US to do so. I just don't find them funny, to say it's because I can't speak the language fluently and that I need subtitles is ridiculous.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri May 08, 2015 9:09 am

Doctor. wrote:You're making a lot of assumptions here. My English is just as good as a native speaker's and I'm positively sure I get most of the references they make, as you don't need to be from the UK or the US to do so. I just don't find them funny, to say it's because I can't speak the language fluently and that I need subtitles is ridiculous.

Oh and there's a reference

:lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 am

Doctor. wrote:
Noah wrote:You don't find funny cause you're not a native english speaker, so you have to see their videos more often to understand some jokes and with subtitles, that's it.
You're making a lot of assumptions here. My English is just as good as a native speaker's and I'm positively sure I get most of the references they make, as you don't need to be from the UK or the US to do so. I just don't find them funny, to say it's because I can't speak the language fluently and that I need subtitles is ridiculous.
TFS is not funny. Not anymore. It's dry humor. In a way it's like DB in which both are dry. But least DB makes me chuckle.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 08, 2015 9:16 am

This is not a TeamFourStar thread.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri May 08, 2015 12:30 pm

So did anyone else find it strange in the leaked scene of Goku & Vegeta vs Whis training while the petals were falling in slow motion Whis and Vegeta were talking normally? so do they talk at the same speed of their combat speed?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:Sumitomo is really bad at happy-sounding tunes but really good with battle tracks, and this showcases this. I liked 20-23 a lot.
In the booklet of the CD, there's his comment admitting that he's better at composing dark-sounding music.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Fri May 08, 2015 12:53 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Soundtrack samples are finally up on the Amazon listing:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8A%87%E5%A0 ... B00TOG4Q9C
Can't believe I already have a favorite song. Dat 20! :o :clap:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:55 pm

I feel if you're not a fan of the DBZ English dub, a lot of TFS references/humor will fly over your head.

Anyways, I really want to see a Funimation dub trailer of F already. :(
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 08, 2015 1:33 pm

The tail end of Track 19 is the best Sumitomo has done for the franchise, I think. It has a warm, magical feeling to it without feeling too generic.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 08, 2015 1:50 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Anyways, I really want to see a Funimation dub trailer of F already. :(
I doubt we'll a English dubbed until at least late June or early July.

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Fri May 08, 2015 2:32 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:So did anyone else find it strange in the leaked scene of Goku & Vegeta vs Whis training while the petals were falling in slow motion Whis and Vegeta were talking normally? so do they talk at the same speed of their combat speed?
That's really nothing new, if you look back in early Dragon Ball in Chapter 042 in the fight between Kuririn and Jackie Chun you'll see how in an instant the two spit, did nose stuff, and even performed "janken pon!" It's also what makes "5 minutes" in the Freeza chapters remotely possible.
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Just saw the scene on FB where Whis fights Goku and Vegeta. Laughing at the comparison people are making between Whis and Floyd Mayweather.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super