"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat May 09, 2015 11:58 am

Helios518 wrote:Xenoverse 2 should have a vanity slot and a regular slot like in Terraria also less clothes with the same stats.
That or make clothes not have as big of an impact on stats so we can wear whatever the hell we want. Also, cap stats as a backup measure. XD

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 09, 2015 12:22 pm

The whole artificial difficulty thing with increased levels, super armor and spam is just annoying. Would honestly prefer if they cleaved most of the RPG elements out of the game, at least in regards to levels and the RNG grind. I was happy enough with the customization systems for characters and the unlocking process in previous games.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sat May 09, 2015 12:47 pm

HAPPY GOKU DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Sat May 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Helios518 wrote:Xenoverse 2 should have a vanity slot and a regular slot like in Terraria also less clothes with the same stats.
100% agreed. There's no good-looking clothes that boost ki for Freeza race, and some of my favorite outfits have stat boosts I can't use.
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa
Nappa squashes Appule like the bug he is.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:38 pm

I want to see a sequel to have a more open world feel to it. If you can travel across the Earth, Namek or Planet Vegeta depending on the time era that you travel back too. You can run around the forest, grass land or desert to fight off common enemies to boost up your stats.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sat May 09, 2015 5:57 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I want to see a sequel to have a more open world feel to it. If you can travel across the Earth, Namek or Planet Vegeta depending on the time era that you travel back too. You can run around the forest, grass land or desert to fight off common enemies to boost up your stats.
That would be interesting as long as they don't try to pass off the limited flying to places in previous games as "open world".

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:21 pm

moochfloatjr wrote:
100% agreed. There's no good-looking clothes that boost ki for Freeza race, and some of my favorite outfits have stat boosts I can't use.
Very true which is why I use Vegetto' Gloves and Boots for my Ki version.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 09, 2015 6:27 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The whole artificial difficulty thing with increased levels, super armor and spam is just annoying. Would honestly prefer if they cleaved most of the RPG elements out of the game, at least in regards to levels and the RNG grind. I was happy enough with the customization systems for characters and the unlocking process in previous games.
I agree with everything you said. The AI need a complete overhaul in Xenoverse 2. It's straight up garbage in Xenoverse. The grinding nature of the game also needs to be sorted out.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat May 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Yeah, I agree with the AI thing too, but I rather for NB to have a difficulty setting, cuz I like challenges, I like it rough sometimes. The opponent won't have an conditions for Easy-Hard mode, for Very Hard mode, the opponent can have their stats boosted up a little, and for the hardest mode, the opponent can have some stat boosts that can go through the roof along with using "secret" moves that we didn't know were there and/or very hard to unlock.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Sat May 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Honestly, I only need three things to make Xenoverse 2 a near-perfect DBZ game.

First, give us the characters not squeezed into this game. All of Freeza and Cell's forms are pretty necessary, and characters from Super are near-guarenteed.
Secondly, overhaul the character customization elements a bit. Give us a cosmetic slot so we don't have to pick between looking good and fighting good, add more customizable items, and balance Super Saiyan a bit.
Third, do a better job dubbing the game. I don't see how they screwed it up so much. Lip flaps are terrible, pronouns are swapped, lines are unfitting... just put a bit more time into it.

On a brighter note, I just bought the season pass. Enjoying the content so far - Mira's super-strong and fun to play as.
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa
Nappa squashes Appule like the bug he is.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sat May 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Man how long ago was the DLC pack 3 announced?
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 10, 2015 12:32 am

GoldLiger wrote:Man how long ago was the DLC pack 3 announced?
All the way back in March.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:06 am

I think once DLC Pack 3 is out then I think the game is done. Dimps probably wants to work on the second game soon.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun May 10, 2015 2:23 am

It seems like I have ran into another problem with this game....

So I was playing a few rounds in ranked match. I was dealing with the usual stuff at first, people spamming attacks that the big shot YouTubers told them to use. Same old bullshit.

However, I ran into something I haven't seen before. I was unable to hit the person I was going up against, like at all! Normal attacks, Heavy, Super, Ultimate, you name it.
I also noticed that every hit I made I lost stamina! There was noting I could do...

Has anyone else ran into this problem?
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 10, 2015 4:11 am

While I'm excited that the next DLC is Resurrection F related, seeing how there are no story missions this time, I'm not as excited as I was for the previous packs. I'm feeling less of a need to wait for the content. If we don't get an announcement tomorrow for the pack to drop on Tuesday, I'm not sure it it's going to retain my interest for much longer when I know the only thing being given to us besides the characters is more grinding.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun May 10, 2015 10:01 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think once DLC Pack 3 is out then I think the game is done. Dimps probably wants to work on the second game soon.
They've no doubt been working on it, DLC isn't worked on by the entire team for a game.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:14 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I think once DLC Pack 3 is out then I think the game is done. Dimps probably wants to work on the second game soon.
They've no doubt been working on it, DLC isn't worked on by the entire team for a game.
I imagine the DLC is already done, my hope is they are delaying it so they can work on fixing things in game.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

The Desert Bandit
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Desert Bandit » Sun May 10, 2015 1:47 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing more DLC Packs after DLC Pack 3. However, if Dimps were to make a sequel, I REALLY hope I would have a PS4 by the time it would come out.

I also have a few ideas for what they should put into the sequel, excluding costume or hair ideas.
PSN: Jak1739
I'm always up for Xenoverse battles!
Xenoverse character name: Aros
Race: Earthling

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sun May 10, 2015 1:57 pm

The Desert Bandit wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing more DLC Packs after DLC Pack 3. However, if Dimps were to make a sequel, I REALLY hope I would have a PS4 by the time it would come out.

I also have a few ideas for what they should put into the sequel, excluding costume or hair ideas.
Just imagining Free-for-all DBXV makes me scared... :lol:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Hell, let's just drop the pretense and let people fight in the lobbies, with menu options to jump you where you need to go so assholes can't block your way. I'd love to see a simultaneous thirty-man street for the five seconds it will last before my computer melts.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.