The "Part" home releases and Yamamoto score

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

The "Part" home releases and Yamamoto score

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Sat May 09, 2015 11:39 am

Do all the part releases have the Kai soundtrack, or are they rare now?
I just ordered part one for 9$ on Amazon. Most of the parts are expensive, like $50+.
Did I order the replacement score? And i would also like I link to the CD of the score of the as well. I'd like to purchase the OST as well.

Theophrastus
Regular

Re: The Part home releases and Ÿamamoto score.

Post by Theophrastus » Sat May 09, 2015 11:44 am

Parts 1-4 have the Yamamoto score. Parts 5-8 and the Season sets have Kikuchi.

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Sat May 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Theophrastus wrote:Parts 1-4 have the Yamamoto score. Parts 5-8 and the Season sets have Kikuchi.
I see. The DVD of part one was especially cheap, so I figured it was the replacement, as all the other parts after the Freeza saga are expensive, *especially* on Blu Ray. Likely due to rarity.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun May 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Part 4 on DVD can still be acquired for an OK price but if you're planning on getting them on Blu-ray you'll certainly have to spend more unless you're patient and wait for deals to pop up.

The Dragon Ball Z Level 1.1 and 1.2 Blu-rays are at affordable prices too and they're worth getting to see Dragon Ball Z at its best picture quality, maybe the best we'll ever get.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Mon May 11, 2015 9:42 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Part 4 on DVD can still be acquired for an OK price but if you're planning on getting them on Blu-ray you'll certainly have to spend more unless you're patient and wait for deals to pop up.

The Dragon Ball Z Level 1.1 and 1.2 Blu-rays are at affordable prices too and they're worth getting to see Dragon Ball Z at its best picture quality, maybe the best we'll ever get.
Part 4 is actually most expensive, more so than part 2 . It's almost 100 dollars. Forget about Blu Ray. The Levle Set is great. Sucks that season one isn't fully presented, but it's something.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Saw Part 4 on DVD at eBay for a reasonable price but the Blu-ray? I suspect to cost the double.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Tue May 12, 2015 12:30 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Saw Part 4 on DVD at eBay for a reasonable price but the Blu-ray? I suspect to cost the double.
I ordered part 3 as a pair of replacement discs, but the seller only had disc 1 of part four. These were all 2.49 w/$3 shipping mind you.And I'm not going to specify where, but I just found a *very* cheap "in stock" option for DVD of part 4. I am ecstatic.

All that's left is part 2...Now on to the Dragon Boxes *shudders*

ParkerAL
Regular

Re: The "Part" home releases and Yamamoto score

Post by ParkerAL » Tue May 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Do new copies of Parts 1-4 even have the Yamamoto score still? If they've gone through a reprint by now, Funimation probably would have had to change the score for the newer discs.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 13, 2015 1:17 pm

ParkerAL wrote:Do new copies of Parts 1-4 even have the Yamamoto score still? If they've gone through a reprint by now, Funimation probably would have had to change the score for the newer discs.
Parts aren't printed anymore once FUNi do Collections or Seasons (for some weird case with Dragon Ball). And from what I have read Part 4 was discontinued faster than usual so it is probably the rarest of the four parts.

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Wed May 13, 2015 5:42 pm

ParkerAL wrote:Do new copies of Parts 1-4 even have the Yamamoto score still? If they've gone through a reprint by now, Funimation probably would have had to change the score for the newer discs.
I bought old, used copies. I don't even know how I found part 4. Damn lucky.

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:42 pm

A little off-topic, but it should also be noted that on Nicktoons, the Yamamoto BGM continued to be used up to episode 063.