Choose the 3 main characters of Dragon Ball Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Choose the 3 main characters of Dragon Ball Super

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 09, 2015 12:55 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:1) The kid from Dragon Ball Heroes
2) Gohan's son
3) Kid Boo (or something like him)

It's time to let Goku and Vegeta chill while the new gen takes the role.
1.The kid from the DBH seems impossible.
2.Gohan doesnt have a son, he has a daughter tho.
3.You mean Uub?
1. He kinda looked like a new take on Goku so why would it be impossible?
2. So Videl was pregnant of a girl? Oh I just thought it'd be a boy. She could fit in, nevertheless.
3. A new design based on Kid Boo or Oob
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun May 10, 2015 6:28 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:2. So Videl was pregnant of a girl? Oh I just thought it'd be a boy. She could fit in, nevertheless.
Do you not remember who this little girl is?
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sun May 10, 2015 7:12 pm

ParkerAL wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:2. So Videl was pregnant of a girl? Oh I just thought it'd be a boy. She could fit in, nevertheless.
After all these years i can't believe someone does't know who Pan is :D

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:49 pm

ParkerAL wrote:
Given what happened with GT it's better to forget.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 10, 2015 9:17 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
ParkerAL wrote:
Given what happened with GT it's better to forget.
Hey, she wasn't total fodder in GT. She... uh... um... *thinks*...

She killed Oceanus Shenlong. Remember that? :P

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:She killed Oceanus Shenlong. Remember that? :P
No, she didn't. She just blindsited Oceanus with Kamehameha from above and then Goku (who wasnt even taking Oceanus seriously to begin with) finished her off with his own Kamehameha, which Pan took credit for.

In fact, she's more deadweight than fodder considering she caused a lot of problems and offered nothing in return.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sun May 10, 2015 10:33 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
No, she didn't. She just blindsited Oceanus with Kamehameha from above and then Goku (who wasnt even taking Oceanus seriously to begin with) finished her off with his own Kamehameha, which Pan took credit for.

In fact, she's more deadweight than fodder considering she caused a lot of problems and offered nothing in return.
She beat up 4/5 of the bank robbers in the first episode, well maybe only 3 1/2 since Goku helped with one of them.
Last edited by One_Instance on Sun May 10, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 pm

Uub
Pan
Gotenks

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:03 am

One_Instance wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:

She beat up 4/5 of the bank robbers in the first episode, well maybe only 3 1/2 since Goku helped with one of them.
Lamesville.

But I guess she's the female fighter we deserve.. not the one we want.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Fishman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fishman » Tue May 12, 2015 12:15 am

Uub
Goku
Someone who isn't Vegeta
Super Saiyan Blue is not a creative color.
DBZ Movie 3 told a stronger and more believable "Evil Goku" story in 60 minutes than Dragon Ball Super has in 20 episodes. And it did it with better visuals and score.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 12, 2015 4:35 am

Goku&Vegeta are without a doubt going to be among the 3 if that's the number.

I'd like Beerus to be the 3rd character but he sleeps to much so I doubt it'll be him and Whis is probably going to just watch the events unfold so he's not an option as well.

Piccolo would be great but as of now he's way to weak to be able to do anything.

So it'll either just be Goku&Vegeta or them and some new character(s).
Fishman wrote:Someone who isn't Vegeta
Vegeta isn't going anywhere as long as Toriyama is on board.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue May 12, 2015 8:46 am

Even if GT ends up being no-canon, it's not getting erased from every video tape and hard drive and Trunks/Pan already recieved extensive screen time in it. Why not Goten/Bra then in Super having more prominent roles?

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Tue May 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Basaku wrote:Even if GT ends up being no-canon, it's not getting erased from every video tape and hard drive and Trunks/Pan already recieved extensive screen time in it. Why not Goten/Bra then in Super having more prominent roles?
That's the way I see it, though I kind of want Trunks to still have some prominence since he was barely featured in GT after the Baby saga started. I didn't like how Goten was almost non-existent in the series and I would have liked Bra to do more than just get possessed by Baby.

I still feel the need to have a focus on Goku, Gohan and Vegeta. The way they could do it is have those three be the most recurring of the protagonists and lump Krillin/Piccolo/Goten/Bra/Trunks/Pan into the story at different points, giving them different levels of prominence.

The Desert Bandit
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Desert Bandit » Fri May 15, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm not going to be typical and say Yamcha should be a main character (Obviously), but if I had to choose:

Goten: Because by the end of Z, he looked like Yamcha, and was even a flirt just like him. :P
Trunks: I love the shenanigans between Goten and Trunks as kids, especially when they would cause mischief and act so childish and cute that it was hilarious. And the fact how they're Saiyans with intense power made it more interesting. There should at least be a spin-off based on Goten and Trunks.
Pan: Honestly, I thought Pan was a cool character, both by the end of Z, and even in GT. But it's clear that Pan's potential was wasted in GT. She could have the same drive to fight like Videl and keep her emotion-based anger like Gohan. It would've been so cool if it weren't for GT screwing this up. Hopefully Super can remedy this.
PSN: Jak1739
I'm always up for Xenoverse battles!
Xenoverse character name: Aros
Race: Earthling

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sun May 17, 2015 1:41 pm

It really depends on what age DB Super starts, i'd be happy with anybody except Kid Goten and Trunks. No thanks to those brats.. unless they're teenagers like at the end of Dragon Ball. I'd love to see how end of DB-Goten looks like as a SSJ.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Tue May 19, 2015 5:20 am

Depending on where it starts:
- After RoF before EoZ - Future Trunks, Gohan and Majin Buu. This way Trunks and Gohan can fuse with Potara earrings and split with Majin Buu's magic.

BeholdeR

Post by BeholdeR » Wed May 20, 2015 8:47 am

Goku Vegeta and Beerus or whis
fadeddreams5 wrote:If Gohan fights, he is 100% getting knocked the **** out.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Wed May 20, 2015 8:52 am

The more I think about it I'd like for some of the older characters to get maybe an arc where they shine, particularly the humans like Tien, Krillin and Yamcha. The idea would be to have one be spotlighted in the saga and then switch to another one. You could keep an active focus on Goku and Vegeta, but give the others some meaningful roles.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed May 20, 2015 10:53 am

I'd like to see Goku, Goten and Trunks headlining the show, especially teenage or even slightly older versions of the kids.
Leave Vegeta making occasional but important appearances. I think he works better this way.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed May 20, 2015 11:44 am

The series is going to air sunday mornings, right?

It's starting to feel like they might focus on a younger audience so I guess Uub, Pan+Bra, Teen Goten and Teen Trunks should be the best bets.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"