Your reaction if Super were to cross over with Evolution?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

johnboy1
Regular

Your reaction if Super were to cross over with Evolution?

Post by johnboy1 » Sat May 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Yeah, this won't happen, but that doesn't mean we can't imagine our reactions if it did. To clarify: I mean the "traditional" versions of Goku, Bulma, etc. universe-hop into the continuity of Evolution and meet animated versions of their live-action counterparts for an episode. Personally, I'd like to see Toriyama-style drawings of the characters' movie incarnations. It would also be a ripe opportunity for gags, with each group expressing befuddlement at the... eccentricities... of the other. It'd also be nice to get a resolution to the movie's stinger that isn't a few lines of dialogue in a fighting game.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Your reaction if Super were to cross over with Evolution

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Well, considering that Evolution awfulness lead to resurrection of Dragon Ball and in some ways, Dragon Ball Super, I wouldn't mind much of a crossover. The gags between the characters would be pretty funny.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:30 pm

It would be a funny idea if they did some universal travel idea.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Sun May 17, 2015 4:37 am

This is a dumb thread.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 17, 2015 4:46 am

If you didn't have anything to contribute to the topic, you should have just avoided responding instead of being rude.

I don't think I'd actually want an episode of them interacting or anything, but I would find it funny if there's something related to alternate timelines or whatever in the show and they use an animated Evolution universe for a small cameo or something. Kinda like the Time Crystals in Xenoverse. Just have a brief showing of Evolution Goku, Bluma, Roshi and Piccolo as an Easter egg.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sun May 17, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sun May 17, 2015 1:00 pm

I have no idea what my reaction would be. I normally don't have reactions to something that has no chance of happening.
Hi

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun May 17, 2015 2:51 pm

MasterVampire wrote:This is a dumb thread.
Was this really necessary? :|

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 17, 2015 3:41 pm

I... I... Would be speechless, and not because I'd be in awe, but rather for the opposite reason.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun May 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:This would be my reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAtcDYTZUi4
I second this.

I... just... Why?

but maybe it would be funny when Piccolo and his Evolution counterpart meet :lol:
...wait...
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:59 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:I normally don't have reactions to something that has no chance of happening.
If a pig exploded out of your best friend's chest and you didn't react, I'd be very worried about your mental state. That's usually a sign of sociopathy.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 pm

While I hated Super I wouldn't mind the reall DB cast meeting the evolution cast just for two reasons

1. The Piccolo and Lord Piccolo meeting.

2. The TFS dub later.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 25, 2015 10:34 pm

If Super would be about crossing dimensions, I'd have no problem with an Evolution Crossover.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:03 pm

If super and evolution cross over,the ENTIRE evolution universe would be destroyed by Beerus. It'd be his job AND honor :P
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:07 pm

If the universes are all (unfortunately) parallel to eachother, then I'd love that.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:04 pm

I would literally kill my TV with a low kick and call for an ambulace.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:30 pm

I don't think I'd actually want an episode of them interacting or anything, but I would find it funny if there's something related to alternate timelines or whatever in the show and they use an animated Evolution universe for a small cameo or something.
This is about the only non-awful way to do it, I figure. Maybe have Whis reveal that he has the power to see into other timelines (he can already literally undo things that happened in the past 3 minutes and see things remotely within his current timeline, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch) and flash images of a few of them through his staff or something when he's explaining the difference between other timelines (aka alternate universes) and the eleven other universes... we already know there's going to be a "travel to the 6th Universe" storyline later on so I assume we'll get at least a brief other-universes explanation at some point.

I would really hate it if they wasted the "12 universes" concept by making them all just alternate versions of the one universe we've already seen -- give them their own weird universe setups (not "north/south/east/west galaxies in each, afterlife above mortal universe and demon realm below, everything working just like Universe 7... except Goku has a goatee and is evil and Piccolo is randomly red rather than green"...), make them actually "other universes" rather than just "alternate universes." Maybe there's a universe out there that's threatening to expand enough to cause problems for its surrounding universes because its God of Creation there is too powerful and doesn't let the weaker Gods of Destruction do their jobs properly? Maybe there's a universe where the afterlife and mortal universe aren't separated the way they are in Universe 7, and you can literally just go off to visit gods and dead people whenever you want even if you're just an ordinary person with no special abilities? Maybe there's a universe where worlds actually are sitting on the back of giant turtles swimming through some space-ocean, or where worlds actually are flat? Maybe there's one that doesn't really have planets at all, just a bizarre void with occasional "islands" floating in it? There's so much weird stuff you can do with other universes, making them just "alternates" would be a tremendous waste of potential, especially considering that you can't even do much with alternate universes without the concept that they're unlimited and anything might have happened differently in one of them that's out there somewhere.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:30 am

At first I thought about how Evolution was pretty American and maybe Super would have a hard time emulating that. Then I realized that I'm worrying about how well Evolution is treated, and I stopped caring. Bring it on Toei.