Could they port the PS2 games to the New 3DS?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Could they port the PS2 games to the New 3DS?

Post by moochfloatjr » Sat May 16, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm curious about this, considering how powerful the New 3DS is. Could Budokai, or even the Budokai Tenkaichi games, be ported over to the new model of 3DS?
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa
Nappa squashes Appule like the bug he is.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Could they port the PS2 games to the New 3DS?

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat May 16, 2015 12:18 pm

It can play Wii games, so sure, why not? Best place to ask this is here http://gbatemp.net/categories/nintendo- ... sions.198/

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Sat May 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Sure, why not? If the PSP handled slightly less powerful games than the Budokai series, then the 3DS, which is more powerful, could probably handle straight ports. This is only an estimate, and there are other things to consider, such as controls.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Heroes 2 has Infinite World's level of graphic and displays 10 character models at once, and that's on the basic 3DS. It should be a given that New 3DS can handle PS2 Budokai ports.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 16, 2015 6:10 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:It can play Wii games, so sure, why not? Best place to ask this is here http://gbatemp.net/categories/nintendo- ... sions.198/
New 3DS can "play" Wii games? You mean Xenoblade? That's a mediocre port but it's not their fault, the handheld itself isn't too powerful so they couldn't do a whole lot better anyway. Now yeah, they could remake it for the New 3DS but a direct port would be too much for the New 3DS to handle.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sun May 17, 2015 5:48 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:It can play Wii games, so sure, why not? Best place to ask this is here http://gbatemp.net/categories/nintendo- ... sions.198/
New 3DS can "play" Wii games? You mean Xenoblade? That's a mediocre port but it's not their fault, the handheld itself isn't too powerful so they couldn't do a whole lot better anyway. Now yeah, they could remake it for the New 3DS but a direct port would be too much for the New 3DS to handle.
I heard Xenoblade Chronicles was one of the most powerful games on the Wii. Considering that the New Nintendo 3DS can handle a port for Xenoblade is quite amazing which certainly makes me think that Budokai at least can be on the New 3DS.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:08 pm

The 3DS can run Super Street Fighter 4 pretty well despite the Wii never able to do such a thing. SSF4 on the 3DS looks pretty good from what I can remember.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Mon May 18, 2015 6:30 am

They could, and most definitely should as they'll make money. But will they? Hell no.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 18, 2015 7:44 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:The 3DS can run Super Street Fighter 4 pretty well despite the Wii never able to do such a thing. SSF4 on the 3DS looks pretty good from what I can remember.
The Wii could have handled a Street Fighter IV port but Capcom didn't want to develop it, instead they gave us Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and frankly, this was tons more hectic fun than playing SFIV again. SFIV looks great on the 3DS because it's a really small screen but if you'd happen to upscale it then you know what would be the outcome.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon May 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Of course they could, the PS2 Dragon Ball games are hardly demanding. Tales of the Abyss apparently had a cut frame rate, but that basically an end-of-launch window port.
TheKingOfKamehamehas wrote:I heard Xenoblade Chronicles was one of the most powerful games on the Wii.
Do you have a Scouter reading on that?
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:05 am

Well Dragon quest VIII is being released on the 3DS, and that must be harder to port than a DB game. :)