Physical release of "Kai: The Final Chapters" OST CD?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Physical release of "Kai: The Final Chapters" OST CD?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Earlier today I saw a copy of Kai 2.0's soundtrack floating around and now I read that it's a digital-only release according to what says on the Kanzenshuu website but despite that, are there any plans for a physical release?

I'd really like to support it but not if it's digital.

No wonder I couldn't find it on Amazon, Fnac, PlayAsia, YesAsia or whatever retailer out there. Aw. :(
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

JoshuaSaiyajin

Re: Physical release of "Kai: The Final Chapters" OST CD?

Post by JoshuaSaiyajin » Tue May 19, 2015 2:14 am

Judging from the lack of advertising of this soundtrack (I mean come on, it was undiscovered for weeks), I personally doubt that there is/will be a physical copy of the soundtrack. Kai 2.0 just isn't treated well.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue May 19, 2015 2:23 am

I'm still wondering where that second OST release is. Judging by what I've heard from others, there are WAY too many tracks left out for this to be a complete release. It's about half.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:53 am

Valerius Dover wrote:I'm still wondering where that second OST release is. Judging by what I've heard from others, there are WAY too many tracks left out for this to be a complete release. It's about half.
Yeah there's maybe at least 26 or more tracks left to release
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Theophrastus
Regular

Post by Theophrastus » Tue May 19, 2015 11:21 am

Amazon MP3 and iTunes music are DRM-free, so I don't think there's anything stopping you from creating your own physical copy if you want to by purchasing the digital release, burning the MP3s to a CD, printing out some cover art and putting it into a jewel case.

Less than ideal for a collector, I guess, but if it's something you'd be interested in buying otherwise then I'm not sure why the lack of a physical disc should be deal-breaker.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue May 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Besides wanting a physical release, another reason for wanting a CD is because a CD would have the uncompressed audio files (most likely WAV files, if not that then AIFF files). Amazon MP3 and iTunes only have compressed (and therefore, slightly downgraded) audio files to offer. Many can't tell the difference, of course, but if you're a hardcore audiophile, that's a reason for wanting a CD.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Tue May 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:I'm still wondering where that second OST release is. Judging by what I've heard from others, there are WAY too many tracks left out for this to be a complete release. It's about half.
This is something that worries me: What if the tracks we've heard (since Vegito appeared as that's when the new songs started playing) are simply from the new movie and not made for the show? D:

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:47 pm

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:
This is something that worries me: What if the tracks we've heard (since Vegito appeared as that's when the new songs started playing) are simply from the new movie and not made for the show? D:
No tracks from fukkatsu no f are in kai. The show was finished around the time of battle of gods
PSN SonGoku325

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Tue May 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:No tracks from fukkatsu no f are in kai. The show was finished around the time of battle of gods
This has seriously been worrying me since I continued watching Kai 2.0. Thanks for clearing it up. You sir, have made my day.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Most of the appreciated tracks were indeed left out, making it half of all the tracks we've heard.
Also, a big hint to a next OST is that the songs' titles stop at Gotenks' fusion being successful, which is about halfway through the saga, which fits with this OST being volume 1 of 2.

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Fri May 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Haaaa, if only Columbia Japan could release a CD boxset :( but, as Kei17 said before, it's very unlikely.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:40 pm

ShinGaijin wrote:Haaaa, if only Columbia Japan could release a CD boxset :( but, as Kei17 said before, it's very unlikely.
From what I recall toei didn't go with them for ost distribution right? All they've distributed is the Japanese versions opening/endings
PSN SonGoku325