Why didn't Gohan beat the crap out of Vegeta

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Why didn't Gohan beat the crap out of Vegeta

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:58 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Gohan's just as much to blame as Vegeta for Goku's death, and is even more directly responsible. Besides, what good would taking it out on Vegeta have done?
Kill Vegeta and prevent the Buu arc?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:02 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Gohan's just as much to blame as Vegeta for Goku's death, and is even more directly responsible. Besides, what good would taking it out on Vegeta have done?
Yeah, sure, if you want to, like, totally ignore the context of the thread, which is clearly about Gohan's mental state, and has absolutely nothing to do with the actual events that later take place.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:03 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Yeah, sure, if you want to, like, totally ignore the context of the thread, which is clearly about Gohan's mental state, and has absolutely nothing to do with the actual events that later take place.
Hey, you asked what good it would do.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 am

Vegeta was a family man, it would have been mean to beat the crap out of him.
And Chi-Chi wouldn't have allowed Gohan to do so.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Wed May 20, 2015 8:42 am

soulnova wrote:Gohan doesn't like to hurt people, unless you force him over the edge.

Since he was 4 years old he has witnessed murder, genocide, torture, etc, and it is really a miracle he still managed to turn out psychologically SANE.
Looking at Great Saiyaman....kinda doubt that he's completely sane... :lol:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed May 20, 2015 11:23 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:
soulnova wrote:Gohan doesn't like to hurt people, unless you force him over the edge.

Since he was 4 years old he has witnessed murder, genocide, torture, etc, and it is really a miracle he still managed to turn out psychologically SANE.
Hey, everybody handles childhood trauma on a different way. He became an upstanding and productive member of human society. What he does on his spare time is none of our business. :lol:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed May 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:

And he fucked Videl. Mr Satan's daughter. I repeat: Mr Satan's daughter. That's just completely insane. Why would you fuck his only daughter. Gohan is insane. No doubts.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:47 pm

emperior wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:

And he fucked Videl. Mr Satan's daughter. I repeat: Mr Satan's daughter. That's just completely insane. Why would you fuck his only daughter. Gohan is insane. No doubts.
Not to mention she's literally the spawn of Satan.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 20, 2015 5:10 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
emperior wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:Looking at Great Saiyaman....kinda doubt that he's completely sane... :lol:
Not to mention she's literally the spawn of Satan.
Um...Beelzebub?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 20, 2015 5:12 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Because Gohan isn't an asshole and that isn't something he'd ever do. He doesn't beat up on anyone unless he absolutely has to. If Vegeta isn't threatening anyone or the earth, then Gohan has no reason to fight him. Besides Goku dying is a mix of his, Vegeta's, and Goku's own fault.
I assume Goku's fault was just his sacrifice, but he would have died anyway regardless of it. So I don't see how it's his fault at all here.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:54 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Because Gohan isn't an asshole and that isn't something he'd ever do. He doesn't beat up on anyone unless he absolutely has to. If Vegeta isn't threatening anyone or the earth, then Gohan has no reason to fight him. Besides Goku dying is a mix of his, Vegeta's, and Goku's own fault.
I assume Goku's fault was just his sacrifice, but he would have died anyway regardless of it. So I don't see how it's his fault at all here.
His part comes from never even telling Gohan shit about his plan. He knew Gohan was stronger than him early on, yet decided to not inform him early on that he could only win by releasing his hidden power. That alone is something that could have prepared Gohan for the fight rather than throwing him in, and Gohan wussing out in the middle. It's still more Gohan's fault that Goku died though.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Post by Captain Sauza » Wed May 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Gohan is just a really nice guy.

This makes me wonder why Vegeta never decided to pulverize 18 for kicks after he got his Super Vegeta form. He seems the type that would beat up 18 in front of Krillin and Marron and enjoy it.
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:56 pm

Captain Sauza wrote:Gohan is just a really nice guy.

This makes me wonder why Vegeta never decided to pulverize 18 for kicks after he got his Super Vegeta form. He seems the type that would beat up 18 in front of Krillin and Marron and enjoy it.
Vegeta doesn't know where Muten Roshi lives and he can't sense #18.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Goku would never let Gohan beat Vegeta anyways since Goku let Vegeta go and has spared his life numerous times. He would tell him somehow to stop Gohan. Gohan practically has similar morals in some ways to his father. Take in the fact that Gohan has a pure heart and is very caring.

What would be the point to even beat the crap out of Vegeta at that point if it wouldn't help Goku's death.
We are talking about a guy who didn't want to fight against Cell until Cell killed Android #16. Cell had already done considerable damage to the other Androids and Earth by that time.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Thu May 21, 2015 1:30 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:

Shut your whore mouth, you cunt

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Thu May 21, 2015 1:43 am

Careless Saiyajin wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:

Shut your whore mouth, you cunt
Have I offended you? :eh:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Thu May 21, 2015 2:23 am

Vegitofaxx wrote: Have I offended you? :eh:
I think his account was hacked.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:29 am

Zenkai wrote:
I hope so. He's posting some pretty stupid/annoying stuff.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Thu May 21, 2015 2:29 am

Zenkai wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote: Have I offended you? :eh:
Would explain it, never seen him say this kinda stuff.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Thu May 21, 2015 2:47 am

MarCas92 wrote:
Zenkai wrote:
I hope so. He's posting some pretty stupid/annoying stuff.
Your mom's stupid