Trans/Gay/Bi-sexual villians

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thefalseprophecy
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Trans/Gay/Bi-sexual villians

Post by thefalseprophecy » Mon May 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Your "beliefs" on this matter are erroneous and bigoted. This isn't your soapbox for expressing anti-gay hatred Zenkai.

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Mon May 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Adamant wrote:
I'd advise directing your hatred towards the contraceptive industry rather than gay people then. There's far more people using condoms than there are people having gay sex out there.
I don't hate anyone.

Contraceptives are also sinful, but this thread is about gay/bi/trans characters and not characters using condoms. If such a thread arose, I would also state that I wouldn't like having characters use condoms.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon May 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Zenkai wrote:I'm not trying to be mean. I'm trying to express my religious beliefs on this issue. Others have been stating their beliefs, so I joined in and expressed a belief that differs from many of the others in this thread. Then, I was subsequently labelled a bigot for sharing said belief.

And as for me being mistreated, how about my mistreatment in this very thread? Being labelled a bigot for having different beliefs screams 'mistreatment' to me.
We can't tell you how to feel religiously or politically. But the views you're expressing are unquestionably discriminatory towards LGBT people, and it's not welcome here, just as racism and sexism aren't welcome.

Maybe it is one-sided and biased that we don't allow any and all comments, but I personally don't feel any guilt about being biased towards having a friendly and considerate community.

So in the name of friendliness, I'll kindly ask you again to stop making these type of posts if you want to stick around. No one is forcing you to participate in this thread.
-Rachel

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Zenkai wrote:And as for me being mistreated, how about my mistreatment in this very thread? Being labelled a bigot for having different beliefs screams 'mistreatment' to me.
Being told that you're being unrealistic and unfair towards people with a different orientation than you for no reason at all, in a fairly calm and polite manner, absolutely does not equal the kind of mistreatment I was speaking of. Again, when actual slurs or physical mistreatment befalls you (and I hope it never does) just because of your orientation, then, and only then, can you complain about any kind of 'agenda'.

It's clear you're not gonna get it though, that you don't want to get it. And rather than risk my own account over it, perhaps it really would be best for me to ignore your homophobic comments before I say something I truly will regret. I'd recommend others do the same, if for no reason than to save their own sanity.

Edit: My bad TripleRach, your comment came through before mine did. I can remove it or you/another mod can if you wish. Either way, I'm done with this conversation myself.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Mon May 25, 2015 11:03 pm

thefalseprophecy wrote:Your "beliefs" on this matter are erroneous and bigoted. This isn't your soapbox for expressing anti-gay hatred Zenkai.
My beliefs are correct.

And again, I don't hate anyone. In fact, I love all people. It's difficult to express love on a forum.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon May 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Zenkai wrote:And as for me being mistreated, how about my mistreatment in this very thread? Being labelled a bigot for having different beliefs screams 'mistreatment' to me.
Mistreated? YOU are the one in support of keeping away basic human rights from people who merely have a difference in their sexual preference.

You reap what you sow. If you can't handle the backlash of your outdated thinking and cultist beliefs, keep it to your damn self.
Zenkai wrote:My beliefs are correct.
No, they really are not. You are no more correct than the other hundreds of religious faiths that have existed in this world and will come to exist in the future.
Zenkai wrote:And again, I don't hate anyone. In fact, I love all people. It's difficult to express love on a forum.
From the posts in this thread, I find that very hard to believe.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon May 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Zenkai wrote:My beliefs are correct.
"Correct" implies truth value. Beliefs do not contain truth value.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Mon May 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Zenkai wrote:
Adamant wrote:
I'd advise directing your hatred towards the contraceptive industry rather than gay people then. There's far more people using condoms than there are people having gay sex out there.
I don't hate anyone.

Contraceptives are also sinful, but this thread is about gay/bi/trans characters and not characters using condoms. If such a thread arose, I would also state that I wouldn't like having characters use condoms.
Are you also against characters wearing polyester and cotton at the same time? Because the bible says that is a big no-no. Also those scenes where their clothes get torn in fights; that isn't kosher either. Saiyans gorging themselves on food would also be a terrible sin. Trunks' bowl-cut is also a sin. So is the characters not having luscious beards.

I am just curious at what point you will stop trying to stop being bigoted and hiding behind your religion.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Mon May 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Being told that you're being unrealistic and unfair towards people with a different orientation than you for no reason at all, in a fairly calm and polite manner, absolutely does not equal the kind of mistreatment I was speaking of. Again, when actual slurs or physical mistreatment befalls you (and I hope it never does) just because of your orientation, then, and only then, can you complain about any kind of 'agenda'.

It's clear you're not gonna get it though, that you don't want to get it. And rather than risk my own account over it, perhaps it really would be best for me to ignore your homophobic comments before I say something I truly will regret. I'd recommend others do the same, if for no reason than to save their own sanity.

Edit: My bad TripleRach, your comment came through before mine did. I can remove it or you/another mod can if you wish. Either way, I'm done with this conversation myself.
What about being mistreated due to my religion?

And perhaps you missed one of my other posts, but I'm attracted to males and females. Me having an attraction towards males is not sinful. However, if I went out and had sex or masturbated with a cute boy, then that would indeed be sinful.

I

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Mon May 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Freeza Heika wrote: Are you also against characters wearing polyester and cotton at the same time? Because the bible says that is a big no-no. Also those scenes where their clothes get torn in fights; that isn't kosher either. [cut by Zenkai...] Trunks' bowl-cut is also a sin. So is the characters not having luscious beards.

I am just curious at what point you will stop trying to stop being bigoted and hiding behind your religion.
You see, the stuff about not mixing fabric, not eating pork, getting circumsized etc. are part of the old Jewish cereminial law. These ceremonial laws are not binding on Christians, and never have been, as Jesus fulfilled the Law. Christians are, however, bound by the moral law, such as the Ten Commandments.

And yes, gluttony is still a sin.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Zenkai wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

What about being mistreated due to my religion?

And perhaps you missed one of my other posts, but I'm attracted to males and females. Me having an attraction towards males is not sinful. However, if I went out and had sex or masturbated with a cute boy, then that would indeed be sinful.

I
Romans 13: 1-5
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for she is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience.
The guy in charge here told you to stop. So follow your own rules, and stop.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Romans 13: 1-5
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from Kami, and those that exist have been instituted by Kami. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what Kami has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for she is Kami’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of Kami, an avenger who carries out Kami’s wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid Kami’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience.
The guy in charge here told you to stop. So follow your own rules, and stop.

Fixed for U.S. Dub fans.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon May 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Zenkai wrote:You see, the stuff about not mixing fabric, not eating pork, getting circumsized etc. are part of the old Jewish cereminial law. These ceremonial laws are not binding on Christians, and never have been, as Jesus fulfilled the Law. Christians are, however, bound by the moral law, such as the Ten Commandments.

And yes, gluttony is still a sin.
Do you have any actual rational arguments for decrying natural animal behavior other than a fallacious appeal to the authority of a subjective interpretation of an old book, which fails to account for why it should be adhered to as opposed to other old books without relying on circular reasoning?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Also everyone who talks about "marriage in the Bible being between one man and one woman" forgets 2 major things:

1. We don't live in a theocracy and our laws aren't based on the Bible. The first commandment (and probably the most important theme of the Bible) is not to worship other gods, but that's not illegal.

2. Polygamy was common in the Bible. King Solomon had over 300 wives for example.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Mon May 25, 2015 11:20 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Zenkai wrote:And again, I don't hate anyone. In fact, I love all people. It's difficult to express love on a forum.
From the posts in this thread, I find that very hard to believe.
Trust me, if you lived in my town and ever needed help with anything, were hungry, needed someone to help your mom or grandma, then I would be more than happy to help out. :)

Telling people that gay sex is sinful doesn't mean I don't love people.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon May 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Zenkai wrote:Telling people that gay sex is sinful doesn't mean I don't love people.
No, but it does mean that you're basing your beliefs off of poor reasoning, which is rationally irresponsible, and immediately forfeits any entitlement to being taken seriously in an intellectual discussion.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon May 25, 2015 11:25 pm

Zenkai wrote:And perhaps you missed one of my other posts, but I'm attracted to males and females. Me having an attraction towards males is not sinful. However, if I went out and had sex or masturbated with a cute boy, then that would indeed be sinful.
Because it's not procreative just as it's not among straight infertile couples and straight eldery couples.

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai » Mon May 25, 2015 11:29 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Zenkai wrote:Telling people that gay sex is sinful doesn't mean I don't love people.
No, but it does mean that you're basing your beliefs off of poor reasoning, which is rationally irresponsible, and immediately forfeits any entitlement to being taken seriously in an intellectual discussion.
If you want sound reasoning, then read St. Aquinas' Summa Theologica or any other writing by a Doctor of the Church.

Catholicism is extremely deep and full of highly intelligent people who have made highly intelligent arguments in favor of it over the years.

EDIT: If anyone has any other questions, you can PM me, so as to let this thread get more on-topic.
Last edited by Zenkai on Mon May 25, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon May 25, 2015 11:47 pm

This is the end of the religious debate. On top of being highly controversial and sensitive, it's way off-topic.
-Rachel

AM Reflection
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AM Reflection » Tue May 26, 2015 12:09 am

shonenhikada wrote:Do you think it's time Toriyama became more progressive and introduce villains such as these. I remember in Rurouni Kenshin one of the members of the Jupen Gatina looked female but was in fact a male who was a cross dresser. Why can't we have something like this in DB ? Similarly, YES we got General Blue but it's been a while since we've gotten a villian whose sexuality been explored. Would be interesting having a main villian in the series who was bi-sexual or gay. What u guys think ?
What part of a character who "looked female but was in fact a male who was a cross dresser" do you consider to be "progressive"? Not a rhetorical question. I legit want to know.

Anyway, I say no to this idea. As you said, we got General Blue. How many unquestionably straight villains have we really gotten? To me, being "progressive" would be exploring any sort of romantic ideas relating to the villain in depth.