WOW! So when did Toei go Z Cune Aoi for the endings.

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

WOW! So when did Toei go Z Cune Aoi for the endings.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 am

GOD THE ENDING ANIMATION. Its insanely,insultinglylazy.

There is literally no movement in them past the Zarathustra one.

BTW, Z Cune Aoi was an Otaku Bait Parody Anime on Akibaranger, itself a Super Sentai Parody. And the joke was that the opening secuence was Otaku Bait girls were just stills over some effects. I even loved that. And DBZ doesnt even get THAT level of effort.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: WOW! So when did Toei go Z Cune Aoi for the endings.

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 22, 2015 9:55 am

Laziness in Kai 2.0. is not really that shocking. All of the endings after Dear Zarathustra have some of the laziest ending animation to an anime I've seen in years. I mean, there really is no animation. It's just a slideshow of images, most which are traced from the manga.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Fri May 22, 2015 10:47 am

Limited animation in endings isn't exactly uncommon either though. And it's hardly the laziest thing Toei has done either. I mean, just look at the very first ending theme to One Piece; A CGI water-surface, and the completely static silhouettes of the Straw Hat Pirates from the back fading in one after another.. That is the only thing you see for that entire 70 second ending sequence.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:55 pm

I loved that ending to One Piece, and WOW you are right, I guess I just didnt like the aesthetics to the DBZKai endings. I did like the idea and intent behind the DBZKai ending, but early One Piece had the excuse of being an experiment Toei wasnt quite sure would succeed. Sure DBZKai is a failure but still.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I loved that ending to One Piece, and WOW you are right, I guess I just didnt like the aesthetics to the DBZKai endings. I did like the idea and intent behind the DBZKai ending, but early One Piece had the excuse of being an experiment Toei wasnt quite sure would succeed. Sure DBZKai is a failure but still.
The thing is, Dragon Ball Kai wouldn't have been a failure if Toei just continued to actually giving a shit when it came to Majin Boo arc. Although, the laziness from Toei really started to creep in once the Freeza arc began, with them lazily refusing to edit out filler such the Bulma/Ginyu-Frog subplot and the fight between Goku and Freeza still being dragged out in some areas.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Just be glad they didn't go One Piece route, where there aren't endings anymore.
Instead you have a longer opening. I rather have still frames as a ending then that.

It can still give me awesome feels (One Piece Ending 1, DB Kai Buu Arc ending 4 and 5).
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:52 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Just be glad they didn't go One Piece route, where there aren't endings anymore.
Instead you have a longer opening. I rather have still frames as a ending then that.

It can still give me awesome feels (One Piece Ending 1, DB Kai Buu Arc ending 4 and 5).
Why would they stop doing endings?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 25, 2015 2:40 am

Naruto6583 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Just be glad they didn't go One Piece route, where there aren't endings anymore.

Avex (the music partner for the series) probably only wanted to promote one new song at a time.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:31 pm

OH GOD PLEASE NO. That's even beyond awful. Now the One Piece openings are insanely boring and bloated and one song stays for months on end. GOD DONT LET THAT HAPPEN TO DRAGON BALL. Thanks for the head cooler Fortune!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:37 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:

Avex (the music partner for the series) probably only wanted to promote one new song at a time.
Money ssems to be the answer,
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.