Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Meethinks Vegetto has another one of his outbursts, Babidi lights up with glee, and then he takes him over.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:07 am

TonyTheTiger wrote:The hiding the Majin seal thing is a little contrived but I'll happily take it if it means that Vegetto isn't going to go crazy just because.
One of the greatest magic users in the universe being able to make a mark invisible doesn't strike me as contrived. If anything, him being unable to do would seem more contrived.
Last edited by rereboy on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:12 am

Sorry for my poor English.

Would anyone be interested in playing a DBZ Multiverse fan made rpg based around the Final Fantasy engine? Specifically, SNES era, in fact Chrono Trigger may actually fit better.

I think it'd be a lot of fun to try this, but I want to see if there's interest.
I play baseball and work in LA.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:52 am

Well, we've got Majin Piccolo Daimaou. Eager to know where we can go from here. Though it does indeed seem contrived that Bobbidi wouldn't know how to do something as simple as concealing the Majin insignia, it does beg the question, why would he put it on display at the 25th Tenka-ichi Budoukai? I guess you could argue that it's not something people would think much of, but still... Eh, this doesn't really bother me.
testing223 wrote:Would anyone be interested in playing a DBZ Multiverse fan made rpg based around the Final Fantasy engine? Specifically, SNES era, in fact Chrono Trigger may actually fit better.

I think it'd be a lot of fun to try this, but I want to see if there's interest.
Hm, for now, aside from the Specials, the story's been 80% surrounding the tournament battles. Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time seeing this work unless a lot of creative liberties would be taken. Usually, RPGs involve some type of adventure, here, we're mostly dealing with wall-to-wall fights with the occasional scheming in between. Although, Salagir said that the tournament's only the first part of the story, so it might make for material. But hey, if you're confident you can make it work, I say go for it.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:58 am

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:Though it does indeed seem contrived that Bobbidi wouldn't know how to do something as simple as concealing the Majin insignia, it does beg the question, why would he put it on display at the 25th Tenka-ichi Budoukai?
Because he didn't know Kaioshin was there and, as a general rule, he likes that his "slaves" have the mark visible, like a tattoo proofing his ownership of them. Not to mention that he had Dabra at his side, who seems to be even stronger than kaioshin.

This tournament, however, is a completely different scenario. Not only are the Kaioshin the ones who are managing the tournament, he can also be instantly teleported to his own universe with a tap of a button if they find him breaking the rules and there are also people that he doesn't think he can control there and that are MUCH stronger than Babidi's minions, including his Majing Buu. Therefore, stealth is paramount.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:17 pm

I wonder why we didn't get Majin Cell instead? He's going to fight Tapion next.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder why we didn't get Majin Cell instead? He's going to fight Tapion next.
It makes more sense for Babidi to control everybody when they aren't fighting matches so nobody will notice.

Then he can have 90% of the tournament under his control and nobody will know until it is too late.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:16 pm

I personally think the whole mark thing is dumb, but it's so trivial and minor to everything else in this story, I'm just satisfied with the plot moving forward. It's not worth arguing about.

EDIT

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Wait, couldn't Kakarotto go Super Saiyan? Or am I confusing him with someone else? I swear... Unless he's going Golden Oozaru.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:18 pm

I read "miniature lamps," and I have no idea what he's talking about.

Does he mean his balls? Please tell me he doesn't mean his balls.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I read "miniature lamps," and I have no idea what he's talking about.

He probably means his Power balls.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I read "miniature lamps," and I have no idea what he's talking about.

It's the Bruits Wave things that are implanted in his eyes. The same as Raditz used to transform against Bardock.

Where the fuck did his tail come from though? Was it hidden or did he just regrow it in the ol' traditional fashion? I'm guessing the latter, though it really wasn't made clear.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:23 pm

It's like these contact lense things that was invented in his universe to pretty do the same thing the artificial moon does.. It just costs no energy to use..

I'm expecting some pseudo SSJ4 as well.. It won't be as interesting as "Old Man" Goku but I'm sure Kakarott will give Veggie a bit of run for his mula.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:34 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:

It's the Bruits Wave things that are implanted in his eyes. The same as Raditz used to transform against Bardock.

Where the fuck did his tail come from though? Was it hidden or did he just regrow it in the ol' traditional fashion? I'm guessing the latter, though it really wasn't made clear.
goku the krump dancer wrote:

It's like these contact lense things that was invented in his universe to pretty do the same thing the artificial moon does.. It just costs no energy to use..

I'm expecting some pseudo SSJ4 as well.. It won't be as interesting as "Old Man" Goku but I'm sure Kakarott will give Veggie a bit of run for his mula.
Oh. Well that's neat.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Since some details from previous pages/chapters seem to have been forgotten by some, I'll explain.

The tail was Buu's night gift to Kakarotto. Kakarotto can go SSJ. The Saiyans of this universe have mini artificial lamps installed directly in their eyes so that they can turn Oozaru easily at will without depending on the moon or spending energy, as long as they have their tail.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:54 pm

So is the power up with Super Saiyan and Great Ape 60x (50x + 10x) or 500x (50x by 10x)?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:40 pm

rereboy wrote:Since some details from previous pages/chapters seem to have been forgotten by some, I'll explain.

The tail was Buu's night gift to Kakarotto.
I'm aware the tail is said gift. The question was whether or not the gift was the tail itself or the knowledge of how to regrow it on demand or something, because the art doesn't make it overly clear with how it depicted the reveal.

Looking at the previous panel zoomed in a bit, it seems he had the tail hidden under the pads. Though the others from his group should have probably noticed the fur around his ass at least.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:23 pm

I want Kakarotto to win this since it can be something different for once. Knowing that Vegeta is the good guy, it's likely that he is going to win.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:56 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Looking at the previous panel zoomed in a bit, it seems he had the tail hidden under the pads. Though the others from his group should have probably noticed the fur around his ass at least.
:lol: I imagine that Kakarotto just regrew it through some sort of ability or knowledge imparted by Majin Buu. This should get interesting since Dragon Ball GT is not part of this fan comic's continuity.