What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Cetra wrote:There is only one correct answer to what we want to see -

'stachegeta:

YOU MONSTER!!! :evil:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:57 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: YOU MONSTER!!! :evil:
You know you want to see it.

And the Super-Stache-jin:

"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:08 pm

Retan wrote: :lol: 18 does have a real name it's Lazuli and 17 is Lapis. :lol:
wow those are some silly names...still they're better than numbers for names
But I'd also like to see Trunks get his sword.
yeah i was thinking that Trunks could get a magic sword and Goten could get the power pole and they do stuff with them.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Dear lord, no sword for Trunks. That's Future Trunks' thing. Those two need to be distinguished from each other. I HATE how Trunks was in EoZ and GT. That is not how I imagined the boy from the Buu saga would grow.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:05 pm

yeah I too don't want to see Z Trunks become Future Trunks copy and paste. let our timeline trunks build into his own character and evolve into something unique. but I'm not sure how him having a sword would be a bad thing, swords are cool.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 am

Ushabtis wrote:yeah I too don't want to see Z Trunks become Future Trunks copy and paste. let our timeline trunks build into his own character and evolve into something unique. but I'm not sure how him having a sword would be a bad thing, swords are cool.
Original Trunks can't be like Future Trunks because they live in a totally different world and have different personalities. Future Gohan and original Gohan are different too. And knowing Tori he will surely give Original Trunks a different personality than his Future counterpart because he always does that.

Gohan's rage comes from ChiChi personality and his kindness and powers from Goku.
Pan has more a ChiChi personality than Gohan and a little bit of Goku
Trunks grow up to be more like his mother.
Last edited by shinmaru on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:15 am

Present Trunks should stay arrogant and spoiled like he already is. If he grows up to be like his future counterpart (at least without some kind of event triggering character development to turn him that way), I'll be massively disappointed.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:49 am

Doctor. wrote:Present Trunks should stay arrogant and spoiled like he already is. If he grows up to be like his future counterpart (at least without some kind of event triggering character development to turn him that way), I'll be massively disappointed.
100% with Trunks staying arrogant, that's exactly the opposite personality of Future Trunks and makes more sense with both Bejita and Bulma still alive as parents

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:23 am

Doctor. wrote:Present Trunks should stay arrogant and spoiled like he already is. If he grows up to be like his future counterpart (at least without some kind of event triggering character development to turn him that way), I'll be massively disappointed.
Exactly.

I always envisioned him becoming a bit like Gary Oak from Pokemon. He'd be the Gary to Goten's Ash. Particularly when it comes to popularity in school. Bitter rivals, but best friends underneath all that.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:55 pm

I simply hope to see adventures, talks about strategies and events, not just fights.
Which has a good chance to happen, a whole series can hardly stand on a basic "the enemy arrives in episode 1 and then it's battles, battles, battles until the end of the show".

StrawHatPatriot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by StrawHatPatriot » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:39 am

I want Trunks to arrogant, I agree. Make him get tons of chicks and stuff.

But please, PLEASE DO NOT make Goten and Trunks slack off with their training!

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:30 am

I would like to see Goku and Vegeta still kick some *** from time to time, but all the same, I'd really like to see Gohan, Goten, and Trunks all get some action in for a fight. Also, if Super does happen to take place by the time Goku and co. meet Uub, I'd kind of like him to be the "new" "de facto" leader of the...."Super" Fighters(?) Or at least, by some chance, if they really want to still keep Goku all "front-and-center" still and whatnot, maybe make Uub his "second-in command" in a sense. hopefully also, give Krillin, Piccolo, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu some more scenes in battle than they've been getting recently. Heck, even bring back some more fighting action for Master Roshi, (if RoF was any indication, he has NOT lost a step) Videl, and Android 18. Also, I'd like to see Pan get scenes where she shows off that she's stronger than originally believed. (A mirroring of her father's childhood days.)

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:50 pm

I see your point, but you don't need a trigger to grow up. He's 8 in the Buu arc, so it makes sense that he's immature and I don't see why he would need an apocalypse in order to justify what is just the natural course for most people - they mature and become more responsible. I think he could justifiably be different than his future counterpart but I don't think that requires him to be more like his 8 year old self.

I would like to see more use of techniques and not simply energy blasts and a flurry of punch kicks. And secondly, I'd like to see Piccolo stay relevant. Better use of minor characters is a plus, but Piccolo is such a great character that it seems like a waste to not at least use him in a mentor capacity.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:52 pm

ABED wrote:
I see your point, but you don't need a trigger to grow up. He's 8 in the Buu arc, so it makes sense that he's immature and I don't see why he would need an apocalypse in order to justify what is just the natural course for most people - they mature and become more responsible. I think he could justifiably be different than his future counterpart but I don't think that requires him to be more like his 8 year old self.
I understand what you mean, but you gotta keep in mind not only is this anime, it's Shounen. Characters usually stay the exact same throughout their entire life, needing a trigger in order to change. Goku matured but his personality was kept largely the same, Future Trunks is the complete opposite of present Trunks, if he our Trunks grows up to be like his future counterpart, then it would just be kinda lazy, you know?

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:21 pm

>Assuming Super takes place EOZ.
I want to see Mr.Satan retire, far earlier than he does in DB online/GT. I never like Satan in Cell games but he really grew on me in the Buu saga. But by EOZ he's so old that it won't be funny anymore doing his hurt leg routine.

since Goku got his own magic earthling, I think Satan should get his own magic earthling and train him in the way of "Satan". (yeah he has Majin Buu...Buu trains new satan. I think it'd be interesting Goku gets Kid Buu's reincarnation and Buu gets an earthling to train. Uub and magic new earthling could be rivals.)

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:25 pm

If present Trunks is a spoiled arrogant adult then I'd REALLY want to see Future trunks return. Imagine the hilarity of what could happen if new characters who don't know the situation interact with them both separately and assume Trunks is having really bad issues with some kind of split personality disorder.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:54 pm

Barunks wrote:If present Trunks is a spoiled arrogant adult then I'd REALLY want to see Future trunks return. Imagine the hilarity of what could happen if new characters who don't know the situation interact with them both separately and assume Trunks is having really bad issues with some kind of split personality disorder.
I'd love that.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:32 am

I really want to see the power pole make a grand re-entrance.

kytre6769

Post by kytre6769 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:29 pm

I want to see more of uub but from what I have seen so far it doesn't look like it. Also I would like to see gohan be a bad ass again.

Weedity

Post by Weedity » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:24 pm

As a massive Gotenks fan, I want to see more Gotenks! Since he was confirmed to be returning, I'm pretty happy. I just don't want it to be for gag purposes or anything. I really want to see the two kids be able to put up a fight!