What do you hope for in Super's main antagonist?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: What do you hope for in Super's main antagonist?

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 pm

I'd want a Super Saiyan Demon God as an enemy or something along the lines of a supersaiyan deity thats pure evil (wants to conquer the multiverse and be the strongest Saiyan alive hence him hunting down the other saiyans)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:39 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I'd want a Super Saiyan Demon God as an enemy or something along the lines of a supersaiyan deity thats pure evil (wants to conquer the multiverse and be the strongest Saiyan alive hence him hunting down the other saiyans)
Wouldn't that just be a rehash of Broly?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I'd want a Super Saiyan Demon God as an enemy or something along the lines of a supersaiyan deity thats pure evil (wants to conquer the multiverse and be the strongest Saiyan alive hence him hunting down the other saiyans)
Wouldn't that just be a rehash of Broly?
Broly only cares about Goku tho (at least in my eyes thats how he is, not evil enough)

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 pm

For an Evil SSjG wouldn't they require 5 evil Saiyans too? :think:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:14 pm

soulnova wrote:For an Evil SSjG wouldn't they require 5 evil Saiyans too? :think:
Hmmm there's that, but I was hoping the evil deity ssg would have a different requirement to access the form.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:47 pm

soulnova wrote:For an Evil SSjG wouldn't they require 5 evil Saiyans too? :think:
Turles + Paragus + King Vegeta + Raditz + Nappa = The Legendary Super Saiyan Devil, Broly!

Bound to happen in Heroes one day...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:50 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Tullece + Paragus + King Vegeta + Raditz + Nappa = The Legendary Super Saiyan Devil Broly!

Bound to happen in Heroes one day...
King Vegeta would never give his energy to Broly. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't like Broly to kill his son! (the one who can fight anyway) :lol:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:26 pm

Anyone else wonder if they'll have an "Evil Goku Saga" at some point?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Barunks wrote:Anyone else wonder if they'll have an "Evil Goku Saga" at some point?
"Evil Goku" has already been done. His name was Turles.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Barunks wrote:Anyone else wonder if they'll have an "Evil Goku Saga" at some point?
"Evil Goku" has already been done. His name was Tullece.
Maybe he means the actual Goku possessed. O_O
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:33 pm

How about an evil Gohan arc? Gohan has always been the pretty white knight kind of guy It'd be interesting to see it done well. (him being brainwashed by baby was kinda cool but imo it didn't go very far at all.)
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Gohan should just go rogue. Something should snap the minute Goku goes off to train a stranger. He'll realize that he hates his life, job, and kid, and start terrorizing Satan City.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:38 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Gohan should just go rogue. Something should snap the minute Goku goes off to train a stranger. He'll realize that he hates his life, job, and kid, and start terrorizing Satan City.
I think that would displease more people than it would please. It would give the Gohan haters even more reason to hate him and give Gohan fans a reason to dislike him because he's not the same character anymore.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Doctor. wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Gohan should just go rogue. Something should snap the minute Goku goes off to train a stranger. He'll realize that he hates his life, job, and kid, and start terrorizing Satan City.
I think that would displease more people than it would please. It would give the Gohan haters even more reason to hate him and give Gohan fans a reason to dislike him because he's not the same character anymore.
He'll wear a black and red Great Saiyaman costume, and just vandalize property while flipping the bird after his trademark poses.

Some graffiti will read, "Goku #2", "Mystic What?", "Hail Da Prodigy!", "OG Rage Booster"

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:54 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
He'll wear a black and red Great Saiyaman costume, and just vandalize property while flipping the bird after his trademark poses.

Some graffiti will read, "Goku #2", "Mystic What?", "Hail Da Prodigy!", "OG Rage Booster"
You know, jokes are hard to tell sometime. You shouldn't make fun of people like that especially when this fanbase is crazy :P

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Doctor. wrote:
You know, jokes are hard to tell sometime. You shouldn't make fun of people like that especially when this fanbase is crazy :P
lol. True.

I wrote that jokingly, but now I seriously love the idea. lol. Great Saiyaman needs a villain, and no one could fill that void better than Ginyu, who's still out there. Nothing funnier than seeing him switch bodies with Gohan and going on a rampage around Satan City as the Great Saiyaman. He seems like the sort who would be a major troll to the people. The reaction of Videl and everyone hearing the news ("Saiyaman Gone Rogue!"), and seeing him do stuff like peeing on a person's car. Priceless.

MYSTICisPOWER

Post by MYSTICisPOWER » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:44 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
I wrote that jokingly, but now I seriously love the idea. lol. Great Saiyaman needs a villain, and no one could fill that void better than Ginyu, who's still out there. Nothing funnier than seeing him switch bodies with Gohan and going on a rampage around Satan City as the Great Saiyaman. He seems like the sort who would be a major troll to the people. The reaction of Videl and everyone hearing the news ("Saiyaman Gone Rogue!"), and seeing him do stuff like peeing on a person's car. Priceless.
This is amazing!

I'm also a big fan of Evil Goku, maybe he's helping Beerus and Whis defeat another god of destruction and he gets tainted by killing the god, so when he comes back to earth he's not the same. But I think Toriyama mentioned somewhere he wouldn't do evil Goku.

As far as Gohan going rouge, unless something happened to Videl or Pan like them getting abducted by some aliens. I don't see him making any rash decisions. If that were to happen maybe he could blame his father and Vegeta for attracting so many crazy people to earth. So he doesn't want there help and vanishes for a while to rescue them and after come-backs a hardened version of himself.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:31 am

I only see Goku getting controlled like they did with Broly. There was actually a live action play about that. Paragus coming to Earth and getting Goku under his control to kill Vegeta too. I seem to recall Bulma had to steal the remote control or tampered it in some way.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:01 am

soulnova wrote:I only see Goku getting controlled like they did with Broly. There was actually a live action play about that. Paragus coming to Earth and getting Goku under his control to kill Vegeta too. I seem to recall Bulma had to steal the remote control or tampered it in some way.
I remember that stage show and it was amazing. ( * u * )
That was actually a genuinely dire situation; only Gokû's body was under his control, but not his mind (and I think he could still talk)--it was kind of like Don Flamingo's string-string fruit victims in One Piece. Also they picked an era where Gokû was the only ssj in the cast (unless you count Brolli). It took place before Vegeta became a ssj; so it's non-ssj Vegeta, Bulma, and kid Gohan running around trying to save the day. It was great. X3
I'd have loved it as an animated special, if only because of all the fantastic reaction-faces and resulting screencaps.

Lucky Wayback saved it; I don't think this page ever made the jump from Kanzentai to Kanzenshuu (yet?) https://web.archive.org/web/20111010173 ... ttle_stage
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:16 am

Chuquita wrote:
soulnova wrote:I only see Goku getting controlled like they did with Broly. There was actually a live action play about that. Paragus coming to Earth and getting Goku under his control to kill Vegeta too. I seem to recall Bulma had to steal the remote control or tampered it in some way.
I remember that stage show and it was amazing. ( * u * )
That was actually a genuinely dire situation; only Gokû's body was under his control, but not his mind (and I think he could still talk)--it was kind of like Don Flamingo's string-string fruit victims in One Piece. Also they picked an era where Gokû was the only ssj in the cast (unless you count Brolli). It took place before Vegeta became a ssj; so it's non-ssj Vegeta, Bulma, and kid Gohan running around trying to save the day. It was great. X3
I'd have loved it as an animated special, if only because of all the fantastic reaction-faces and resulting screencaps.

Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6juok2UydFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rz1HQRd_sQ BTW, What was the deal with Paragus and Bulma at 4:30? :lol: Was he trying to *court* her?