The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 pm

pacz360 wrote:If the plot demands it sure anyway heres some matchups base god goku vs ssj vegetto
Ultimate gohan(bog) vs ssj2 vegeta enraged
Yajirobe vs boz goku and piccolo
-Base Goku should be able to take down his fused counterpart with relative ease.
-SSJ2 Vegeta would be able to trash Ultimate Gohan.
-If Yajirobe could overcome their speed and avoid getting blasted by a Kamehameha or Makankosappo, he should be able to muscle his way into victory. With that said, the collaborative efforts of the duo may prove to be quite a challenge for him.

What about this one:

SSJ Vegetto vs Majuub

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:56 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Perfect Cell vs A perfect block of katchin

Can Cell break it?
Nope. Cell ain't doing shit to Katchin.
supercat wrote:SSJ Vegetto vs Majuub
Majoob wrecks Vegetto

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:02 pm

supercat wrote:SSJ Vegetto vs Majuub
Majuub stomps. I've always seen him stronger than Super Vegeta-Baby 1, and closing in on Super Vegeta-Baby 2.
base god goku vs ssj vegetto
Ultimate gohan(bog) vs ssj2 vegeta enraged
-Goku wins. He didn't seem that much weaker from his original SS God form.
-Vegeta wins, as cringe-worthy as that is.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 pm

supercat wrote: Buuhan and SSJ Vegetto - Potara fusion vs Golden Freeza
Ultimate Gohan and SSJ Vegetto - Fusion dance vs Final Form Freeza (FnF)
Nail vs Piccolo (equal power and unlimited stamina)
Nail vs Ginyu (equal power and unlimited stamina) - no switching bodies for Ginyu
Android 17 vs Final Form Freeza 100% (before training, equal power, unlimited stamina)
- Golden Freeza still comes out on top
- Final Form Freeza in ROF is Base Vegetto level at best in my opinion. So Ultimate Gohan/SSJ Vegetto takes this with ease
- This is a "flip a coin" match. It could really go either way.
- Another "flip a coin" match. But I back Ginyu to take this, as he seems a bit more sneaky and tactical in battle.
- Freeza's durability is the difference maker. Plus, #17 is a total dipshit in battle. I mean, Freeza is too, but not as bad as #17. So Freeza wins.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:48 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
singsing wrote:Current N52 Superman loses to Raditz :lol:
I don't agree with this but Beerus would stomp N52 Supes.

Or did something happen recently that I'm not aware of.
Comic!Superman has very recently undergone a massive power drain, leaving him mostly depowered. That'll be what singsing is referring to.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:52 pm

The Monkey King wrote:

New 52 Supes lost most of his powers. He can't even fly anymore. He even changed clothes.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:26 pm

shonenhikada wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:I'm not familiar with this version of Superman, but the movie versions I saw recently can lift what looks like to be a city-block when empowered by sunlight and it seems he can adapt to high gravity like in Kaio's realm, but I doubt it would be as easy as with Beerus.
When does lifting = to punching power?
Neither of the stories explain how it works, but I assume someone that can lift that much weight and has considerable speed and reflexes may punch very hard as well. Remember when South Kaio was willing to make his pupil fight Goku, but backed out when he saw Goku easily shadow boxing with 40 tons. That's an arbitrary depiction though. I recal Superman sending bad guys flying through the Earth with a heavy blow. Notably, Beerus seems to be capable of the same feat while not using his full power.
Lord Beerus wrote:Being Superman means he can becomes as strong as he wants to be. His power is essentially limitless.
I can understand that kind of idea, but perhaps due to not having foes as strong as him Superman doesn't need to test or even surpass his limits. I would like to see if there is more about him than bottomless strength.

Methuselah

Post by Methuselah » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:50 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote: Majuub stomps. I've always seen him stronger than Super Vegeta-Baby 1, and closing in on Super Vegeta-Baby 2.
Since Uub forced Super Baby 2 to exert actual effort in their beam struggle and I remember Baby visibly sweating a bit when blocking Uub's rapid attacks, I'd be inclined to agree with this interpretation.
Hugo Boss wrote: I can understand that kind of idea, but perhaps due to not having foes as strong as him Superman doesn't need to test or even surpass his limits. I would like to see if there is more about him than bottomless strength.
Superman actually does have foes that seriously challenge him and some that outright beat him. Darkseid used to smack him around during the Silver Age days, Doomsday "killed" him that one time, and Mongul was stronger than him at some points.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:18 pm

not having foes as strong as him Superman doesn't need to test or even surpass his limits
Just curious. How many Superman comics have you read?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Because he's bloody Superman. That's why.
Being superman doesn't mean much.
Being Superman means he can becomes as strong as he wants to be. His power is essentially limitless.
That's not really true. Yeah, Superman is obviously ridiculously strong, but he has a ceiling just like everyone else, it just happens to be a very high one. Saying "he can become as strong as he wants to be" makes it sound like he can indefinitely increase his strength at will, and/or that he normally has no upper limit, which has never been the case.

Case in point: if he could actually become as strong as he wanted, you would think he'd have been able to avoid getting beaten to death (for all intents and purposes) that one time.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:05 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:That's not really true. Yeah, Superman is obviously ridiculously strong, but he has a ceiling just like everyone else, it just happens to be a very high one. Saying "he can become as strong as he wants to be" makes it sound like he can indefinitely increase his strength at will, and/or that he normally has no upper limit, which has never been the case.
But when he gets near a blue star, all bets are off. :P

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:I'm not familiar with this version of Superman, but the movie versions I saw recently can lift what looks like to be a city-block when empowered by sunlight and it seems he can adapt to high gravity like in Kaio's realm, but I doubt it would be as easy as with Beerus.
When does lifting = to punching power?
Neither of the stories explain how it works, but I assume someone that can lift that much weight and has considerable speed and reflexes may punch very hard as well. Remember when South Kaio was willing to make his pupil fight Goku, but backed out when he saw Goku easily shadow boxing with 40 tons. That's an arbitrary depiction though. I recal Superman sending bad guys flying through the Earth with a heavy blow. Notably, Beerus seems to be capable of the same feat while not using his full power.
Lord Beerus wrote:Being Superman means he can becomes as strong as he wants to be. His power is essentially limitless.
I can understand that kind of idea, but perhaps due to not having foes as strong as him Superman doesn't need to test or even surpass his limits. I would like to see if there is more about him than bottomless strength.
The funny thing about this assumption is when we look at the impact of punches made by characters it paints a different picture. Gotenks punch impact on Super Buu produces a bigger crateron the earth than a blood lusted Superman's punch on wonder woman.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:45 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:New 52 Supes lost most of his powers. He can't even fly anymore. He even changed clothes.
Oh yh I heard about that, I didn't like the look of it and just kept on assuming it was some new version of Superboy

I guess singsing was right :lol:

Anyway even with his powers this is one of if not the most powerful attack N52 Supes has:
While impressive compared to a grumpy Beerus who was stated to have destroyed several stars in the space of 3 minutes. And an annoyed Beerus who could wipe out an entire solar system 'In no time flat' it kinda pales in comparison.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:55 am

shonenhikada wrote: The funny thing about this assumption is when we look at the impact of punches made by characters it paints a different picture. Gotenks punch impact on Super Buu produces a bigger crateron the earth than a blood lusted Superman's punch on wonder woman.
That has nothing to do with their relative strength and powers. It's just part of the presentation of the series. Likewise, in DBZ, you see them fighting super fast and creating little specks of light in the air that indicate their rapid movement. Superman's movements in the Justice League cartoon and movies are not presented that way. That doesn't mean he's slow.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:18 am

pacz360 wrote:base god goku vs ssj vegetto
Vegetto destroys godku, then teleports to the afterlife and kills him again, erasing him utterly.
Last edited by Rocketman on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:44 am

The Monkey King wrote:

He uses his Super Flare, which usually makes him powerless for 24 hours, but for some reason made him pretty much powerless permanently. He can like... jump over buildings now, that's about what's left of his power.

Edit: Oops, ninja'd twice.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:54 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
shonenhikada wrote: The funny thing about this assumption is when we look at the impact of punches made by characters it paints a different picture. Gotenks punch impact on Super Buu produces a bigger crateron the earth than a blood lusted Superman's punch on wonder woman.
That has nothing to do with their relative strength and powers. It's just part of the presentation of the series. Likewise, in DBZ, you see them fighting super fast and creating little specks of light in the air that indicate their rapid movement. Superman's movements in the Justice League cartoon and movies are not presented that way. That doesn't mean he's slow.
Actually it does as the impact of the punch give clear indication of the type of momentum the character was hit back with, which would be a direct result of how hard a hit was. Being able to lift heavy weights does not make one punch harder, or else bodybuilders would do well in MMA fighting and be able to transition easily. Likewise using a character speed from flight as an overall indicator of their combat speed is another issue. For example sentry and many marvel characters like thor are capable of moving at FTL+ speed via flight but yet get tagged in combat and hit by targets who are hypersonic at best.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:03 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Just curious. How many Superman comics have you read?
None. I just watched some movies. Perhaps I should start reading this N52?
singsing wrote:He uses his Super Flare, which usually makes him powerless for 24 hours, but for some reason made him pretty much powerless permanently. He can like... jump over buildings now, that's about what's left of his power.
Though it has a problematic drawback, it seems to be an interesting power. Is it said how powerful it can be?
shonenhikada wrote:The funny thing about this assumption is when we look at the impact of punches made by characters it paints a different picture. Gotenks punch impact on Super Buu produces a bigger crateron the earth than a blood lusted Superman's punch on wonder woman.

Being able to lift heavy weights does not make one punch harder, or else bodybuilders would do well in MMA fighting and be able to transition easily. Likewise using a character speed from flight as an overall indicator of their combat speed is another issue. For example sentry and many marvel characters like thor are capable of moving at FTL+ speed via flight but yet get tagged in combat and hit by targets who are hypersonic at best.
It depends on how Wonder Woman defended that punch of Superman and in what angle she was hit. Can you describe the scene? Gotenks pretty much tossed a ball-imprisoned Boo like a meteor. Beerus also absorbed most of SSGod Goku's punch impact when they just started their fight.

One could say that bodybuilders are still in the humans league, seems like they can't really punch much harder than well trained fighters. Superman's combat speed is not just about flight, I guess. He is also capable of catching bullets at point-blank range like most of Dragon Ball characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:10 am

Hmm, all these revelations I'm hearing about N52 Superman is really starting to make me reconsider how his battle against me would go down. Now, I'd think I would be able to take him down with relative ease.

Unless another writer has something to say. :wink:

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:17 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Just curious. How many Superman comics have you read?
None. I just watched some movies. Perhaps I should start reading this N52?
singsing wrote:He uses his Super Flare, which usually makes him powerless for 24 hours, but for some reason made him pretty much powerless permanently. He can like... jump over buildings now, that's about what's left of his power.
Though it has a problematic drawback, it seems to be an interesting power. Is it said how powerful it can be?
shonenhikada wrote:The funny thing about this assumption is when we look at the impact of punches made by characters it paints a different picture. Gotenks punch impact on Super Buu produces a bigger crateron the earth than a blood lusted Superman's punch on wonder woman.

Being able to lift heavy weights does not make one punch harder, or else bodybuilders would do well in MMA fighting and be able to transition easily. Likewise using a character speed from flight as an overall indicator of their combat speed is another issue. For example sentry and many marvel characters like thor are capable of moving at FTL+ speed via flight but yet get tagged in combat and hit by targets who are hypersonic at best.
It depends on how Wonder Woman defended that punch of Superman and in what angle she was hit. Can you describe the scene? Gotenks pretty much tossed a ball-imprisoned Boo like a meteor. Beerus also absorbed most of SSGod Goku's punch impact when they just started their fight.

One could say that bodybuilders are still in the humans league, seems like they can't really punch much harder than well trained fighters. Superman's combat speed is not just about flight, I guess. He is also capable of catching bullets at point-blank range like most of Dragon Ball characters.
It was this scene and she didn't defend anything. She took the direct blunt of the attack and when you compare the crate compared to gotenk's hit on Super buu on earth it's much smaller.

Bodybuilders can lift a lot more than the average fighter but punching and kicking damage relies on momentum, and technique. Most BB when training do not move their arm at high speed when lifting weights and tend to move their hand in relatively slow motion. Hence, why you can expect in some cases a guy weighing 150 lb and scrawny having a much harder punch than some 200+ lb bodybuilder.

Also his combat speed isn't same as hit flight speed. For example:

Failure to catch all bullets fired at some prisoners.