"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Flame Dragon
Regular

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Flame Dragon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 am

Relax. They will probably just cut and paste together some scenes from the movies to make them fit into episodes. This way they will also promote the movies. (Wanna see the full version? Go buy it)

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:52 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So by the sounds of it, it is only pre-BoG for a short amount of time? I am cool with that. That explains why Goku is SS and everyone is in BoG gear. I wonder what they'll do when they catch up? Split BoG up into episodes?
They'll probably just air BoG.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:52 am

I love this. Possible retelling of BoG and RF with no time constraints, fixing the mistakes those movies had and also allowing for whatever other sub-plots Super is going to be doing? Yes please. This has almost all the ingredients to be great.

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:05 am

I'm only replying once.
Mystic Tien wrote:Sugar.

That has nothing to do with her strength at all. She's by far one of the most haxed characters in the series, capable of defeating Kyros with a single swipe off her hand.
Baby 5?

Again, what does that have to do with anything? You're completely ignoring the fact that she was fighting on par with said man. She fought General franky which is much stronger than regular Franky. He wasn't even the one who defeated her.
. Nami was scared of Monet, did close to no damage to her

She's a logia first of all.
Robin was bitten by Monet

She was trying to help those children and Monet swooped behing her and stabbed her shoulder.
Another examples of weak physically females?

Physical strength is irrelevant when there are several different ways of fighting within the series. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post. It's a mess.

Overall your arguments are incredibly weak and flawed.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:06 am

dbgtFO wrote:Maybe Toriyama will hold on to his old mentality of "movies are in a different dimension" and the series will completely contradict the movies.
Could end up like the old Disney's Hercules tv series, where they showed a contradictory account of Hercules' teenage years instead of going of continuing from where the movie left off.
And this was, what I always said.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:06 am

I really hope Toriyama-Sensei gives Piccolo & Gohan some fight time too. It's about time these guys were given some spotlight. I'm hopeful, seeing as "F" had all the former Z Warriors (aside from Yamcha) fighting.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:13 am

If the movies were included in the TV show itself instead of being aired as movies on TV at the right time, it would allow them easier work for a few weeks: just take the existing movie footage as-is, cut it all to 20 minutes episodes, adding just a few scenes (like 5 minutes new for every 15 minutes taken as-is) if it's necessary to make it feel smooth with the rest of the TV show.

But there are many ways it could happen:

- Airing the movie on TV during the week in-between two episodes.
(SUPER (Sunday) --> BATTLE OF GODS (during the week) --> SUPER (Next sunday))

- Cutting movie footage to include it in the TV show itself, having even more new scenes if necessary to link it to the other episodes.
(SUPER (Pre-BOG) --> SUPER (BOG Part 1) --> SUPER (BOG Part2) --> SUPER (BOG Part 3) --> SUPER (BOG Part 4) --> SUPER (BOG Part 5) --> SUPER (Post-BOG))

- Simply a recap in due time, including perhaps a few shots with the narrator explaining the movie happens at this moment (although not saying directly "the movie happens at this moment"), subtly prompting the viewer to buy the movie to see the whole event through just a recap narration like:
"The next day, Beerus woke up and came to Earth looking for that Super Saiyan God he had heard of. With the help of his friends, Goku became the Super Saiyan God but was still not powerful enough to win. But having found a new planet with the most interesting food as well as interesting fighters, the God of Destruction chose to leave the Earth peacefully and went back to sleep".

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:19 am

Cursemark505 wrote:I'm only replying once.
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:Sugar.

That has nothing to do with her strength at all. She's by far one of the most haxed characters in the series, capable of defeating Kyros with a single swipe off her hand.
Baby 5?

Again, what does that have to do with anything? You're completely ignoring the fact that she was fighting on par with said man. She fought General franky which is much stronger than regular Franky. He wasn't even the one who defeated her.
. Nami was scared of Monet, did close to no damage to her

She's a logia first of all.
Robin was bitten by Monet

She was trying to help those children and Monet swooped behing her and stabbed her shoulder.
Another examples of weak physically females?

Physical strength is irrelevant when there are several different ways of fighting within the series. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post. It's a mess.

Overall your arguments are incredibly weak and flawed.
Sugar's fruit doesn't justify her not being able to fight. Monet was able to outmatch Tashigi who had haki with or without a fruit, while she was a logia. Monet could fight, regardless from her having a fruit, or not. She even fought in a body which she didn't use to (harpy's one), yet Sugar didn't show any ability to fight besides using her fruit. This is as ridiculous as people like Kalifa not being able to fight.

Just because Monet is logia, doesn't mean, that Nami should be afraid of her. Rebecca knows haki, Bellamy knows haki, if Nami doesn't know haki, then she has only herself to blame for it. She completely wasted the timeskip, which is exactly my point.

Again, Robin not having Observation Haki while even Usopp has it of all people, don't speak good things about her. She wasted timeskip as well.

Baby 5 still lost to a guy, who was a novice in the New World, this and her becoming
is exactly what I call downgrading females for no damn reason.

I like how you totally ignored all my points, defending your precious and perfect One Piece, just face it, it has problems. None of things you adressed answered any of my points. You didn't answer why:
1) Calculating and smart person from the New World who warned Caesar to not underestimated Straw Hats (Monet)... suddenly became scared and underestimated Straw Hats.
2) Kalifa, who was an assassin, with Doriki just a bit smaller than Bruno (whose tekkai Sanji pre Eniess Lobby couldn't break), lost to Nami, who can't even fight.
3) Baby 5 was so easily beaten by Franky.
4) Sugar was scared of some stupid face of Usopp.
5) Robin didn't kill Sugar immediately, while she always did it with everyone. The first thing she did after being freed in Enies Lobby - broke Spandam's spine.
6) Doublefinger lost to Nami.
7) Boa Sandersonia and Marigold lost to Luffy, who had zero knowledge about haki, and didn't have both observation and armanent haki.
8) Rebecca didn't train to become stronger before participating in a stupid tournament, and didn't attack her opponents, while she had a strong desire to get Mera Mera fruit.
9) Vivi betrayed her ideals, by attacking a whale, and later after suddenly becoming good barely showed the same fighting spirit she had in Whiskey Peak.
10) Robin suddenly becoming weak, and not using her deadly techniques on every single damn villain.

So you have no right to tell me, that my points are weak, while you didn't adress any of them, let alone refute them or properly answer them.
Last edited by Mystic Tien on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:22 am

Whatever your One Piece posts are going back-and-forth, they're ridiculous, off-topic, and should not be a part of this thread. Please keep your vitriol to yourselves. Account warnings come next.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:25 am

VegettoEX wrote:Whatever your One Piece posts are going back-and-forth, they're ridiculous, off-topic, and should not be a part of this thread. Please keep your vitriol to yourselves. Account warnings come next.
I am sorry, I just wanted to say that his argument about most of female One Piece characters being strong and important for the story is wrong. That's all.
SSJGFrieza wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:ROF is the perfect example of what I want.
No story and boring fights? Cause that's pretty much Z in a nutshell
DBZ had a quite good plot, and not all fights were boring.
Marco Polo wrote:

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 am

Cold Skin wrote:If the movies were included in the TV show itself instead of being aired as movies on TV at the right time, it would allow them easier work for a few weeks: just take the existing movie footage as-is, cut it all to 20 minutes episodes, adding just a few scenes (like 5 minutes new for every 15 minutes taken as-is) if it's necessary to make it feel smooth with the rest of the TV show.
They won't do that. The V-Jump announcement just made a point that Super will be done "entirely with new footage".
It's either working its way around the movie or remaking it.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:36 am

Cold Skin wrote:- Airing the movie on TV during the week in-between two episodes.
(SUPER (Sunday) --> BATTLE OF GODS (during the week) --> SUPER (Next sunday))
I'm betting on this. I don't see them ignoring (why would they do it? And what's making people assume such thing?) or re-editing the movie. It's easier to just air the movie between episodes like they did with almost all of them, make it a special event or something. Specially when it's the first one that comes from Toryiama.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 am

Avery wrote:
chizzielamer wrote: Goku joking about his dead brother seems inappropriately funny...
Raditz has not been mentioned since the Saiyan arc. Make that joke happen.
Does Goku even remember who Raditz is? He knew him like for some minutes.
Marco Polo wrote:

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:45 am

Cursemark505 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:What has Bulma done for the story? Everything!
She made the Dragon Radar! She started the adventure!
She helped travel the Namek ship. In fact she commanded it
Made Trunks
Built a freaking time machine
Made battle suits
In GT she made the ship!
Great Saiyanman!
Those contributions are really minor compared to all of the things going on in each arc. Sure, taking part in the creation of Trunks or creating the radar was important in hindsight, but those are the only real important things she's contributed to and she herself is virtually absent from the main focal point of most arcs.
Yup, saving the mainline DB timeline from being an apocolyptic world terrorized by cyborgs is super minor.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:46 am

The Monkey King wrote:
Cursemark505 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:What has Bulma done for the story? Everything!
She made the Dragon Radar! She started the adventure!
She helped travel the Namek ship. In fact she commanded it
Made Trunks
Built a freaking time machine
Made battle suits
In GT she made the ship!
Great Saiyanman!
Those contributions are really minor compared to all of the things going on in each arc. Sure, taking part in the creation of Trunks or creating the radar was important in hindsight, but those are the only real important things she's contributed to and she herself is virtually absent from the main focal point of most arcs.
Yup, saving the mainline DB timeline from being an apocolyptic world terrorized by cyborgs is super minor.
I will try to be on-topic here, but I agree with you. It was because of Bulma that the world was saved, as she was the one who built a time machine. Regardless from Vegeta having a child, or not, unless he could go back in time, it meant nothing.
Marco Polo wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:47 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:I don't see them ignoring (why would they do it? And what's making people assume such thing?)
BOG states that Beerus was sleeping during the 4 years between Buu's defeat and BOG yet here he isn't.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:53 am

I'm curious as to all the things the characters say in the manga pages, even though some of it can be guessed.
But at the same time, I have trouble trusting anyone else than the Kanzenshuu staff when it comes to translating Japanese, so I guess it wouldn't help me too much even if I found a translated script online anyway, since I would be pretty distrustful about it.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:03 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:If this is a retelling, then Freeza will definitely appear. I'd have thought, that if Ryūsei Nakao is already recording his lines, then it's possible the movies will be represented rather quickly, as they only began production a short while ago.
Ryūsei Nakao may have already finished Freeza's dialogue, but even if he hasn't, the fact they told him he would be working on it may indicate that the two movies wil be retold rather quickly, and then they can move on further past "F", and start delving into the 4 years before the epilogue.
I forgot about Nakao recording for the show, it probably is for Freeza then! Maybe we'll get to see Freeza's training. :)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:08 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: I forgot about Nakao recording for the show, it probably is for Freeza then! Maybe we'll get to see Freeza's training. :)
Hopefully he's trained by someone and Vegeta gets a longer fight with him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 am

Mystic Tien wrote:
Avery wrote:
chizzielamer wrote: Goku joking about his dead brother seems inappropriately funny...
Raditz has not been mentioned since the Saiyan arc. Make that joke happen.
Does Goku even remember who Raditz is? He knew him like for some minutes.
If your lost brother showed up and revealed that you're really an alien, kidnapped your son, and then got into a fight with you that resulted in your death, would you forget about it?
Last edited by UpFromTheSkies on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.