The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by LightBing » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:33 pm

supercat wrote:
Future Trunks (against Freeza) vs Android 19 (before and after energy absorption)
Future Trunks (against Freeza) vs Android 20 (before and after energy absorption)
Trunks wins, I doubt they could absorb enough energy before he adapts and slices them in a thousand pieces. They rank below Freeza by a good margin.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:48 pm

shonenhikada wrote:Bodybuilders can lift a lot more than the average fighter but punching and kicking damage relies on momentum, and technique. Most BB when training do not move their arm at high speed when lifting weights and tend to move their hand in relatively slow motion. Hence, why you can expect in some cases a guy weighing 150 lb and scrawny having a much harder punch than some 200+ lb bodybuilder.

Also his combat speed isn't same as hit flight speed. For example: Failure to catch all bullets fired at some prisoners.
When you talk about bodybuilders and fighters you are still comparring normal humans, which is to say there isn't considerable difference between them. Let's say a bodybuilder can lift over 200kg, I'm sure I'm capable of lifting 20kg, but to think that someone that can barely lift 20kg can punch harder than that guy if he felt like, I doubt. Not that I think it's impossible for Goku to punch harder than Superman, but it seems unlikely if we compare Superman with a version of Goku that can't lift at least 4,000tons, considering Superman struggles with 400,000tons.

And can't still Superman catch all bullets directly shot at him? I don't remember if Beerus can do what this Superman failed.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Gotenks vs Frieza (equal power, no time limit to fusion, no blowing up planets, unlimited stamina)

SSJ Vegeta (Buu arc, pre Majin) vs 7 Cell Jrs

Gotenks vs Krillin (equal power, no time limit to fusion, unlimited stamina)

Nappa vs Recoome (equal power, unlimited stamina)

Android 17 vs All members of the Ginyu Force simultaneously (The Ginyus are each at 85% of the Android's power, no body swapping, no time freezing)

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:10 pm

supercat wrote:SSJ Vegeta (Buu arc, pre Majin) vs 7 Cell Jrs
I have Vegeta nearly 2x the Cell kids, so I'd say he wins. He can just one-shot all of them in a row.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:22 pm

supercat wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Uub (Beginning of GT) vs. Super Saiyan Gotenks (post-RoSaT)
I don't think Uub was much at the beginning of GT. If his power was really that spectacular, Goku would have at the very least gone SSJ. Gotenks takes this in my opinion.

Future Trunks (against Freeza) vs Android 19 (before and after energy absorption)
Future Trunks (against Freeza) vs Android 20 (before and after energy absorption)
Trunks kills 19 quickly and beats 20 after a good fight.

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Base Goku (Android arc) - Kaioken x20 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Android 19 (pre energy absorption)
Base Goku (Android arc) - Kaioken x20 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Android 20 (pre energy absorption)
Base Goku (Cell Games) - Kaioken x10 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Final Form Frieza 100% (before training, unlimited stamina)
Base Goku (Cell Games) - Kaioken x20 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Final Form Frieza 100% (before training, unlimited stamina)
Base Goku (Buu arc) - Kaioken x10 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Android 17

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:48 pm

supercat wrote:Base Goku (Android arc) - Kaioken x20 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Android 19 (pre energy absorption)
Base Goku (Android arc) - Kaioken x20 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Android 20 (pre energy absorption)
Base Goku (Cell Games) - Kaioken x10 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Final Form Freeza 100% (before training, unlimited stamina)
Base Goku (Cell Games) - Kaioken x20 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Final Form Freeza 100% (before training, unlimited stamina)
Base Goku (Buu arc) - Kaioken x10 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Android 17
The Androids easily beat Goku in the first two fights. They're much closer to Goku's SS form than they are to his base form.
Goku doesn't need Kaioken in the last 3 match ups. Base Kid Trunks put up a good fight against 18, I don't want to imagine what a much stronger Goku would do.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:59 pm

supercat wrote:Base Goku (Android arc) - Kaioken x20 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Android 19 (pre energy absorption)
Base Goku (Cell Games) - Kaioken x10 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Final Form Freeza 100% (before training, unlimited stamina)
Base Goku (Cell Games) - Kaioken x20 (no limit or strain from Kaioken) vs Final Form Freeza 100% (before training, unlimited stamina)
Goku loses them all. Androids 19 and 20 were close in power to a newb SSJ. As for the last three, this isn't GT where a saiyan's base increases at a ridiculous level through the years. If I recall, when Goku turned SSJ2 against Majin Vegeta, the latter praised him for becoming stronger than SSJ2 Kid Gohan, implying he had to ascend beyond SSJ to catch up to Gohan. If this was GT, after those 7 years, Goku's SSJ form alone would be comparable to SSJ2 Teen Gohan...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:21 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
The Androids easily beat Goku in the first two fights. They're much closer to Goku's SS form than they are to his base form.
Goku doesn't need Kaioken in the last 3 match ups. Base Kid Trunks put up a good fight against 18, I don't want to imagine what a much stronger Goku would do.

There was a time where I would have agreed with you on all of that, but my perception on where the Base Saiyans stand in power has been greatly altered thanks to Beerus' remark about Base Goku being unable to take down Frieza.

New hypothetical battles:

Majin Android 18 vs Semi-perfect Cell
Majin Android 18 vs Android 16
Base Goten vs Kibito
Base Kid Trunks vs Kibito

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:39 pm

supercat wrote:Majin Android 18 vs Semi-perfect Cell
Base Goten vs Kibito
Majin is impossible to predict. Unless this is a "apply the boost you gave to Vegeta" situation. In which case, Android 18 loses both.

Either one of the kids slaughter Kibito. He couldn't even budge the Zeta Sword. Goten and Trunks are nearly equal with Gohan, so I'd figure they could at least pick it up.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:42 pm

supercat wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:Vegeta on namek (with dende healing powers)

vs

Freeza (4th form)

Do you mean Freeza during FnF? If so, Vegeta gets trashed instantly.

If this is Freeza on Namek, are the healing powers readily accessible at Vegeta's beck and call without interference?

Assuming they are, Vegeta would win after a few Zenkais, as long as Freeza doesn't promptly raise his power to 50-100%
Freeza on namek.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Toei Goku vs Beerus

Anime Trunks vs Cooler 5th Form

Anime Yamcha vs Perfect Cell

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:51 pm

supercat wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:

There was a time where I would have agreed with you on all of that, but my perception on where the Base Saiyans stand in power has been greatly altered thanks to Beerus' remark about Base Goku being unable to take down Freeza.

New hypothetical battles:

Majin Android 18 vs Semi-perfect Cell
Base Goten vs Kibito
Majin Android 18 gets curbstomped by Semi Perfect Cell. The power gap is still too large, I imagine.

Android 16 wins against her with effort as well. He was stronger than Cell after he absorbed all those humans, who in turn was able to easily handle both androids and Piccolo at the same time. A majin boost may put her closer to Cell, but not 16, imo.

I have no idea how strong Kibito is. I see him weaker than Piccolo, but not by much. Maybe together, they could beat him in their base, but individually, they probably lose.
TheGmGoken wrote:Toei Goku vs Beerus

Beerus gets stomped. I'm sure this actually happened in the original BoG script, which is why I'm confident.

We're comparing different realms here, so based on numbers (V-Jump power level), Cooler stomps. Based on logic, Trunks wins since Goku just became a SSJ again in the Cooler movie, and curbstomped him. Trunks is more skilled in that form.

Perfect Cell wins. Anime Yamcha may be able to handle Olibu and other filler warriors at the same time, but he still got fucked up by 300x gravity (doubt he got much stronger by Buu arc), which is child's play for Cell.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:00 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote: Perfect Cell wins. Anime Yamcha may be able to handle Olibu and other filler warriors at the same time, but he still got fucked up by 300x gravity (doubt he got much stronger by Buu arc), which is child's play for Cell.
that was like 10 years ago.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:13 pm

supercat wrote:Gotenks vs Freeza (equal power, no time limit to fusion, no blowing up planets, unlimited stamina)

SSJ Vegeta (Buu arc, pre Majin) vs 7 Cell Jrs

Gotenks vs Krillin (equal power, no time limit to fusion, unlimited stamina)

Nappa vs Recoome (equal power, unlimited stamina)

Android 17 vs All members of the Ginyu Force simultaneously (The Ginyus are each at 85% of the Android's power, no body swapping, no time freezing)
- I'd say Freeza would come out on top over Gotenks. But Gotenks and Freeza both love to dick around when fighting so damn much. So the only thing that really loses in this battle is IQ.
- Vegeta wrecks the Cell Jrs.
- Gotenks overwhelms Krllin Leroy Jenkins styles
- I think Nappa is be more cunning and tactical in battle. So he comes out on top.
- #17 crushes all of the Ginyu Force

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Toei Goku vs Beerus

-Hard to tell really. I mean, if we assume Toei Goku in base form was around Semi-perfect Cell tier by the time the events of BoG came around, then he would destroy Beerus after obtaining SSG. Even if Toei Goku was only around Androids 17/18 tier by the time of the SSG ritual, he should be able to take Beerus down. This is, however, all with the assumption that a Saiyan's base power has an effect on the overall power of SSG.

-By Anime Trunks, I'm going to assume you're referring to Future Trunks. If so, he likely crushes Fifth Form Cooler with the utmost ease in base form by the time he finishes his second or even first round in the RoSaT. As a Super Saiyan, he likely would have been able to trash Cooler during the time he utterly humiliated his brother and father.

-If you're referring to Anime Kid Trunks, then he likely has the ability to one-shot Fifth Form Cooler during the time he first revealed his Super Saiyan transformation in the gravity room. Anime Base Kid Trunks would give Cooler a major beating during the time the World Martial Arts Tournament took place.

-Unfortunately, Yamcha is probably the only one who didn't get to enjoy the benefits of inflated power that his buddies had. At least Tien had the opportunity to somewhat fight on par with Base Trunks. While this version of Yamcha likely is a lot stronger, against the likes of Cell, he gets destroyed with the blink of an eye. The poor fighter goes down so quickly that Cell seriously wonders why these weakling humans keep trying to challenge him.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:54 pm

SS2 Goku (BoGT) vs.

1. Nutt
2. Rivet
3. Captain Neji
4. Super Mega Cannon Sigma

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:11 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SS2 Goku (BoGT) vs.

1. Nutt
2. Rivet
3. Captain Neji
Goku clears the list with relative ease.

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:27 am

1. Nutt
2. Rivet
3. Captain Neji
Goku takes them each down pretty easily.

More battles:

Frieza vs Android 16 (equal power, unlimited stamina for both, Android 16 is determined to take Frieza down)
Vegeta vs Master Roshi (equal power, unlimited stamina for both)

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:38 am

supercat wrote:

1. Nutt
2. Rivet
3. Captain Neji
Goku takes them each down pretty easily.
Well, Nutt is the weakest of the Mega Cannon Sigma, and he's already stronger than Goku's BoGT Super Saiyan power at least, and the SMCS is over 2x Neji, and the GT multiplier for SS2 is implied to be small.