The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:01 pm

Batman gauntlet:
- Mr. Satan
- Videl
- Chi Chi
- Kid Goku w/ Power Pole (end of Pilaf saga)
- Giran
- Yamcha (21st Tenkaichi)
- Krillin (21st Tenkaichi)
- Kid Goku (21st Tenkaichi)
- Jackie Chun (21st Tenkaichi)
- Tao Pai Pai
- Tien (22nd Tenkaichi)
- King Piccolo (old)
- King Piccolo (young)

Videl vs Bandit Yamcha (start of DB)

Chi Chi vs Bandit Yamcha

Mr. Satan vs Bandit Yamcha
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:03 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:Goku (End of Saiyan Saga)

vs

Zarbon
Goku gets wrecked. Zarbon is much stronger than Vegeta from that saga in his regular form alone. With a Kaioken, Goku might close the gap, but he stands absolutely no chance against Zarbon post-transformation. None at all.
Zenkai boost goku got after battle with vegeta and kai-o-ken says otherwise.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:05 pm

shonenhikada wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:Goku (End of Saiyan Saga)

vs

Zarbon
Goku gets wrecked. Zarbon is much stronger than Vegeta from that saga in his regular form alone. With a Kaioken, Goku might close the gap, but he stands absolutely no chance against Zarbon post-transformation. None at all.
Zenkai boost goku got after battle with vegeta and kai-o-ken says otherwise.
He got that at the start of the Namek saga. >.>
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:12 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Batman gauntlet:
- Mr. Satan
- Videl
- Chi Chi
- Giran
- Tao Pai Pai
- Tenshinhan (22nd Tenkaichi)
- King Piccolo (old)
- King Piccolo (young)

Chi Chi vs Bandit Yamcha

Batman wrecks both Videl and Mr. Satan but gets blitzed by Chi-Chi like he's preliminary fodder. You gave him a terrible opponent too early as she's stronger than pretty much everyone on the gauntlet except Piccolo Daimao. Shame on you!

-Videl wins cuz Yamcha's a huge dork
-Chichi finger-flicks
-Yamcha mops the floor with Mr. Satan... unless he pulls out an explosive gameboy
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:38 pm

- Mr. Satan
- Videl
- Chi Chi
- Giran
- Tao Pai Pai
- King Piccolo (old)
- King Piccolo (young)

Chi Chi vs Bandit Yamcha

Batman crushes Mr. Satan's hopes of maintaining his title. I'd say his fight with Videl could really go either way. If he wins, Chi Chi trashes the hero with the utmost ease.

-Yamcha likely takes this.
-Chi Chi takes him down with relative ease.
-Yet again another humiliating defeat for Mr. Satan.

More battles:
Android 17 vs Zarbon (equal power, unlimited stamina for both)
Android 17 vs Jeice (equal power, unlimited stamina for both)
Krillin vs Zarbon (equal power, unlimited stamina for both)
Krillin vs Jeice (equal power, unlimited stamina for both)
Krillin (during his fight with Second Form Frieza) vs Jeice

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:46 pm

supercat wrote:
- Mr. Satan
- Videl
- Chi Chi
- Giran
- Tao Pai Pai
- King Piccolo (old)
- King Piccolo (young)

Chi Chi vs Bandit Yamcha

Batman crushes Mr. Satan's hopes of maintaining his title. I'd say his fight with Videl could really go either way. If he wins, Chi Chi trashes the hero with the utmost ease.

-Yamcha likely takes this.
-Chi Chi takes him down with relative ease.
-Yet again another humiliating defeat for Mr. Satan.

More battles:
Krillin (during his fight with Second Form Freeza) vs Jeice
-#17 claims this. Zarbon lacks skill and is a coward like most of Freeza's henchmen
-Probably #17
-Read first one
-Krillin with mid-high difficulty
-Krillin stomps
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:54 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
- Mr. Satan
- Videl
- Chi Chi
- Giran
- Tao Pai Pai
- King Piccolo (old)
- King Piccolo (young)

Chi Chi vs Bandit Yamcha

Batman wrecks both Videl and Mr. Satan but gets blitzed by Chi-Chi like he's preliminary fodder. You gave him a terrible opponent too early as she's stronger than pretty much everyone on the gauntlet except Piccolo Daimao. Shame on you!

-Chichi finger-flicks
-Yamcha mops the floor with Mr. Satan... unless he pulls out an explosive gameboy
Videl would destroy batman.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:06 pm

shonenhikada wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
- Mr. Satan
- Videl
- Chi Chi
- Giran
- Tao Pai Pai
- King Piccolo (old)
- King Piccolo (young)

Chi Chi vs Bandit Yamcha

-Chichi finger-flicks
Videl would destroy batman.
Why?

She isn't that much stronger than Mr. Satan whom you seem to agree Batman would wreck.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Android 19 vs Dodoria (equal power, unlimited stamina, no energy absorbing)
Krillin (during his fight against Second Form Frieza) vs Captain Ginyu
Gotenks vs Tien (equal power, unlimited stamina, no time limit on fusion)
Captain Ginyu vs Recoome (equal power, unlimited stamina, no body swapping)
Kid Buu vs 100,000,000,000 Dodorias (Kid Buu can't one-shot them all with one blast)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:35 pm

supercat wrote:Android 19 vs Dodoria (equal power, unlimited stamina, no energy absorbing)
Krillin (during his fight against Second Form Freeza) vs Captain Ginyu
Gotenks vs Tenshinhan (equal power, unlimited stamina, no time limit on fusion)
Kid Buu vs 100,000,000,000 Dodorias (Kid Buu can't one-shot them all with one blast)
Android 19 wins based on the data Gero collected to create him.

Captain Ginyu still wins. Krillin didn't improve much at all.

Gotenks wins based on creativity and intellect. The kid's a fighting prodigy.

Captain Ginyu wins. He's his...captain.

Kid Buu is psychotic and would just blow up the planet with no hesitation. The Dodorias die from lack of oxygen. If that's not allowed and he can't one-shot them, he two-shots them. lol.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:45 pm

#17 and Krillin's techniques are just flat-out better than anything Jeice or especially Zarbon can do, so they should win pretty much every time if they're at equal power and both have unlimited stamina.

#17's barrier proved it could easily stop an attack powerful enough to be life-threatening to him in his fight against Piccolo (not to mention, he was able to fight pretty evenly with Piccolo, though I'm sure the fact that Piccolo could get tired while he couldn't helped), so Zarbon doesn't have a chance. Jeice might do a bit better but I still don't really see him winning, none of the Ginyus are on Piccolo's level as far as raw fighting skill goes while #17's already proven he can keep up with Piccolo at equal power.

And while Jeice isn't as lame as Zarbon skill/techniques-wise, Krillin definitely has him beat in that category: Solar Flare, Kienzan, Kamehameha, that splitting beam he used against the Saibaimen...

So yeah -- Zarbon gets humiliated by both of them (though he could at least sorta put up a fight against Krillin until Krillin busts out some of his special techniques), Jeice puts up a bit more of a fight (especially against Krillin) but still loses in the end.
Krillin (during his fight with Second Form Freeza) vs Jeice
This is the point where Krillin's supposed to have a power level of 75,000, right? If so... yeah, Jeice isn't winning this one either.
Android 19 vs Dodoria (equal power, unlimited stamina, no energy absorbing)
Wow, that's an odd one. Hmm... I want to say #19 would win simply because Dodoria seems like an unskilled bag of uselessness who only knows how to push around those weaker than himself with raw power, while #19 at least is programmed with knowledge of fighting techniques in order to keep up with Goku... so #19 should be a far, far better fighter even without energy-absorbing being taken into consideration.
Krillin (during his fight against Second Form Freeza) vs Captain Ginyu
Krillin can put up a fight if Ginyu doesn't go all-out right away (like when Ginyu briefly clashed with Goku to figure out how strong he was before using his full strength), but at 75,000 vs. 120,000 Krillin can't win unless he catches him off guard with a Kienzan or something. Solar Flare/Kienzan combination might actually work here, as Ginyu can't sense ki and doesn't seem to have as quick reflexes for dodging it as Freeza does.
Gotenks vs Tenshinhan (equal power, unlimited stamina, no time limit on fusion)
Hmm... Gotenks tends to just play around in fights, especially at first, so chances are that Tenshinhan will hurt him pretty bad before he bothers to get serious. And if they're "locked" at equal power, he can't just transform into a higher SSj level to overwhelm him, so I figure Tenshinhan would win this one. He would definitely have to be careful of the Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack, though -- if he lets those ghosts touch him rather than sniping them with ki blasts before they can get close, then Gotenks wins... if they can hurt Super Buu as bad as they did I don't see non-regenerating Tenshinhan handling those explosions well at all.
I figure Ginyu is overall superior to everyone else in his squad in terms of fighting skill, and not that far off from them even in the areas they specialize in (Recoome's endurance, Burter's speed, Jeice's ki blasts, Guldo's... okay, Guldo's pretty much the only one who can do something Ginyu can't do at all, let alone almost as well, but his actual fighting ability sucks so much that Ginyu'd still beat him) -- so even if they were at equal levels, Ginyu would be better all-around than them even if he was slightly behind the individuals in their own "focus" areas. Recoome's durability might drag the fight out longer than it would be normally, and maybe Ginyu might end up pretty worn out and in rough shape by the end, but he should still win.
Buu doesn't get tired fighting weaker opponents, or even equals like SSj3 Goku; pretty much only the absolute top level fighters (other more powerful Buus, high-level fusions, and guys like Beerus) can actually wear Buu out. So no amount of Dodorias is ever going to overwhelm Buu, unless maybe the last dozen or so of them learn how to fuse and use multiple Fusion Dances to combine together into some insanely powerful "Dodododododododododododoria" or something. Buu keeps on killing Dodorias one at a time for however many hours, days, weeks, months it takes until there's none left. Then probably blows up their planet and goes to take a nap somewhere.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:19 pm

SS3 Gogeta (no time limit or strain) vs Gotenks-Buu (can't blow himself up)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:35 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SS3 Gogeta (no time limit or strain) vs Gotenks-Buu (can't blow himself up)
I give this one to Gogeta, he should be ahead of Gotenks-Buu by a good margin.

Jaco aka the "Super Elite" vs
Master Roshi
Yamcha
Kuririn
Tien
Piccolo
Goku

all from beginning of Z.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:40 pm

LightBing wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SS3 Gogeta (no time limit or strain) vs Gotenks-Buu (can't blow himself up)

Master Roshi
Yamcha
Kuririn
Tenshinhan
Piccolo
Goku

all from beginning of Z.
If this is initial Jaco then he loses to the combine effort of everyone. If this is RoF Jaco then he murders everyone.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:56 pm

Kenshiro and Torkio (current versions) gauntlet vs

Master roshi (Saiyan saga)
Jaco (jaco manga)
Yamacha(Saiyan saga)
Krillin( Saiyan)
Piccolo(Saiyan)
Nappa( Saiyan)
Vegeta( Saiyan)
Goku (Saiyan)

How far do they get too?

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:02 am

Krillin (23rd Budokai) vs. Piccolo Daimao (Young)

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:04 am

SSJ3 Gogeta crushes any form of Buu with the utmost ease. Gogeta may not be at Vegetto tier, but with the power of SSJ3, he should be able to easily take down any form of Buu.
LightBing wrote:

Master Roshi
Yamcha
Kuririn
Tenshinhan
Piccolo
Goku

all from beginning of Z.
Jaco should be able to trash them all without much trouble. I'm guessing his power level must have been at least at around 1,000 or higher to be able to hold his own against Frieza's henchmen.

The only way I could see the Z-Fighters pulling this off is if they get a direct hit in with Piccolo's Makankosappo. However, this is assuming Jaco is under 2,000. If he's anything higher than that, he may be able to tank the attack and retaliate with full force.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Krillin (23rd Budokai) vs. Piccolo Daimao (Young)
This seems like it'd be very close, but unless Krillin has a major trick up his sleeve, King Piccolo likely comes out on top. Even if the evil Namekian only has a slight advantage in power, his cunning and ruthless mentality will somehow assist him in snagging the victory.

More Battles:
Frieza vs Android 16 (equal power, unlimited stamina)
Frieza vs Android 18 (equal power, unlimited stamina)
Frieza vs Nappa (equal power, unlimited stamina)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:30 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Krillin (23rd Budokai) vs. Piccolo Daimao (Young)
Unless Krillin has something up his sleeves, Piccolo Daimao wins with mid difficulty.
Freeza vs Android 16 (equal power, unlimited stamina)
Freeza vs Android 18 (equal power, unlimited stamina)
Freeza vs Nappa (equal power, unlimited stamina)
-50/50
-Same as above
-Freeza cuts Nappa's head off
fadeddreams5 wrote:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:22 pm

For anyone who has seen the new film:

Piccolo vs Shisami.

Both fighters are fresh.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Goku (22nd Budokai; Match Level) vs. initial Great Ape Goku (Pilaf saga)