The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 am

The Z fighters vs. Freeza's men fight has a lot of problems. We can all agree, it could have been done a hell of a lot better.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:The Z fighters vs. Freeza's men fight has a lot of problems. We can all agree, it could have been done a hell of a lot better.
More with concept than execution. It's still the highlight of the entire movie, and even then it's not even that good. Ok except for that awesome moment where Gohan knocks out a huge amount of soliders, while they look motionless in his view. That actually was cool. Other than that even I don't see why the mook rush fight is even praised.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Kid Goku @ 21st Budokai vs 100 Fishes no gags.
Goku is having one hundred fishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Tullece vs. Base Goku (arrival on Namek)
Goku wrecks Tullece. Daizenshū 7 has goku BP at 90,000 after training in 100G on his way to Namek, so without the Fruit from the Tree Of Might, Turles gets decimated.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Base (or Super) Bojack vs. Super Saiyan Broly (Movie 10)
Broly one shots Bojack. Bojack, especially in his base form, was not SSJ2 tier.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Super Saiyan Gotenks vs. Nutt (fight is on M2)

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:58 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan Gotenks vs. Nutt (fight is on M2)
SSJ Gotenks takes this with relative ease. I seriously don't feel that any of those robots were wielding battle powers that put them close to even the weakest form of Buu. If they were that powerful, Goku would have likely compared them to Buu instead of leaving that privilege open for Rild.

Even by GT standards (especially the early half of the series), surpassing Buu seemed like a pretty impressive milestone. There has to be a reason why his name wasn't casually dropped until Goku was confronted by Rild right?

Shisami - Gauntlet

2 Semi-perfect Cells
Grade 2 SSJ Vegeta
Grade 2 SSJ Trunks
Cell Jr.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Ah, Planet M2. The point in GT where the power levels spiked like crazy and never cooled down.

Anyways, I think SSJ Gotenks would take this, especially if it's post-ROSAT SSJ Gotenks, who was Super Boo tier and the only character would was claimed to be Majin Boo tier or above on M2 was Rild, IIRC.
supercat wrote:Shisami - Gauntlet

2 Semi-perfect Cells
Grade 2 SSJ Vegeta
Grade 2 SSJ Trunks
Cell Jr.
Shisami doesn't make it past Grade 2 Trunks

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Ah, Planet M2. The point in GT where the power levels spiked like crazy and never cooled down.

Anyways, I think SSJ Gotenks would take this, especially if it's post-ROSAT SSJ Gotenks, who was Super Boo tier and the only character would was claimed to be Majin Boo tier or above on M2 was Rild, IIRC.
supercat wrote:Shisami - Gauntlet

2 Semi-perfect Cells
Grade 2 SSJ Vegeta
Grade 2 SSJ Trunks
Cell Jr.
Shisami doesn't make it past Grade 2 Trunks
How powerful do you think Shisami is in your opinion?

I've always had him around Grade 2 SSJ Trunks on the low end, and a basically on par with Cell Jr. (or even slightly above) on the high end.

New battle:
Gohan (enraged against Third Form Frieza) vs Second Form Frieza

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:23 pm

I always had doubts about characters power levels on these new movies, I would appreciate if someone could answer me

- A hypothetical Super Saiyan 3 Vegetto/Gogeta would be a good opponent to face Beerus? (It's difficult to me to think that Super Saiyan God is above a fully-powered Vegetto)

We can say that if SSJGSSJ Goku, SSJGSSJ Vegeta team up, they could defeat Beerus... But how about Whis?

- Is Whis strong enough to defeat with ease both Goku and Vegeta in this new form? Or If they fuse to a hypothetical SSJGSSJ Gogeta they could win against Whis?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Namu vs. Krillin (21st Budokai)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Noah wrote:
- A hypothetical Super Saiyan 3 Vegetto/Gogeta would be a good opponent to face Beerus? (It's difficult to me to think that Super Saiyan God is above a fully-powered Vegetto)
Beerus wins. Goku stated prior to becoming a SSJG that fusion wouldn't be enough, and after becoming a God he said that it was a level he never thought existed.
We can say that if SSJGSSJ Goku, SSJGSSJ Vegeta team up, they could defeat Beerus... But how about Whis?

- Is Whis strong enough to defeat with ease both Goku and Vegeta in this new form? Or If they fuse to a hypothetical SSJGSSJ Gogeta they could win against Whis?
Whis stomps SSJGSSJ Goku and SSJGSSJ Vegeta teaming up. He one-shotted Beerus who they possibly could defeat by teaming up. As Gogeta they stomp.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:34 pm

supercat wrote:
Shisami - Gauntlet

2 Semi-perfect Cells
Grade 2 SSJ Vegeta
Grade 2 SSJ Trunks
Cell Jr.
Clears the list. The only one close enough to give difficulty to him is the Cell Junior but Shisami still beats him.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:46 pm

How powerful do you think Shisami is in your opinion?
Considering that Shisami got defeat with one punch by SSJ Adult Gohan, who is much weaker than his SSJ Cell Games child counterpart who was on par, if not arguably stronger, than Perfect Cell, then I don't see touching anybody that is Grade II SSJ Trunks or above. Hell, he would barely scrape past Grade II SSJ Vegeta, all things considered.
Gohan (enraged against Third Form Freeza) vs Second Form Freeza
Freeza barely withstands the beating but still crushes Gohan
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Namu vs. Krillin (21st Budokai)
A close matchup, in my opinion. But Krillin is more tactical and cunning in battle, so I'd give it to him.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:47 pm

supercat wrote:
SSJ Gotenks takes this with relative ease. I seriously don't feel that any of those robots were wielding battle powers that put them close to even the weakest form of Buu. If they were that powerful, Goku would have likely compared them to Buu instead of leaving that privilege open for Rild.

Even by GT standards (especially the early half of the series), surpassing Buu seemed like a pretty impressive milestone. There has to be a reason why his name wasn't casually dropped until Goku was confronted by Rild right?

Shisami - Gauntlet

2 Semi-perfect Cells
Grade 2 SSJ Vegeta
Grade 2 SSJ Trunks
Cell Jr.
I always just took it to mean

Rild > Buu that Goku was talking about > other villains > Buu's lower irrelevant forms

Nothing contradicted Mu's confidence, so I still go by Neji > Rivet >> Nutt > SS Goku (BoGT)

--

Is FnF stronger than Buu arc Piccolo? I have CG/Buu arc Piccolo at 80% of a Cell Junior. Shisami, based on what I've read, is slightly stronger(?) than Piccolo. That might not be enough to win against a Cell Junior based on the Cell Kid's 1.) array of techniques and 2.) small power advantage
Nam rivaled Goku. Roshi (Chun) didn't consider Krillin a rival to Goku. Nam wins in my opinion.

Here's a match up:

Yamcha (21st) vs. Giran (no gum)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:02 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Yamcha (21st) vs. Giran (no gum)
I'd go with Giran since he actually got Goku w/o tail to try slightly against him who was Krillin's equal at the time while all Yamcha did was (aside from beat nobodies at the preliminary rounds of course proving he's better than most of Earth's elite fighters) get schooled horribly by Chun who beat him just by waving his arm in his direction.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:11 pm

SSJ3 Gotenks vs. Super Buu w/ Kid Buu's mind (or lack thereof)
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Noah wrote:I always had doubts about characters power levels on these new movies, I would appreciate if someone could answer me

-Both SSG and Beerus are far above any level of Vegetto / Gogeta. Unless, however, Goku and Vegeta fuse while in their SSGSS forms.

-Individually Whis could crush both Goku and Vegeta with the utmost ease. They should be nothing more than one-shot material for him. Hypothetically, if the duo fuses, they should be able to take him down. However, I don't think Whis would go down without a good fight.

Could go either way really. Nam may have the edge in power and experience, but I would think that Krillin would at the very least put up an extremely good fight, if not somehow end up securing the victory.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:I always just took it to mean

Rild > Buu that Goku was talking about > other villains > Buu's lower irrelevant forms

Nothing contradicted Mu's confidence, so I still go by Neji > Rivet >> Nutt > SS Goku (BoGT)

--

Is FnF stronger than Buu arc Piccolo? I have CG/Buu arc Piccolo at 80% of a Cell Junior. Shisami, based on what I've read, is slightly stronger(?) than Piccolo. That might not be enough to win against a Cell Junior based on the Cell Kid's 1.) array of techniques and 2.) small power advantage
Nam rivaled Goku. Roshi (Chun) didn't consider Krillin a rival to Goku. Nam wins in my opinion.

Here's a match up:

Yamcha (21st) vs. Giran (no gum)
-I've always thought that Rild was being compared to Kid Buu, so there really aren't that many other forms of Buu that the robots could be stronger than. We could assume Majin Buu (against Majin Vegeta), Evil Buu, and Mr. Buu, but seeing as how Rild was probably significantly stronger than all of his lackeys, I find it extremely difficult to place the robots some place in between those lower tiered Buus and Rild. While Kid Buu likely did have a lot of power over his weaker counterparts, I feel the power Rild had over the robots was a lot greater.

-If Piccolo kept training, my guess is that he's powered up a little between Buu arc and FnF. After all the time that's passed since he's fought against the miniature fighters, I've always thought that the Namekian was finally able to reach their level of power.

-Giran crushes Yamcha with the utmost ease.
fadeddreams5 wrote:SSJ3 Gotenks vs. Super Buu w/ Kid Buu's mind (or lack thereof)
Gotenks' absence of seriousness would get him into serious trouble against a being who seeks only to destroy and cause chaos. Even if the young fighter has a slight advantage in power over Super Buu, the monster's vile nature and complete absence of anything that's even remotely akin to sympathy, would fuel him to be an immensely dangerous force.

Let's also not forget about his regeneration and stamina..

Hypothetical Battle:
Gohan (enraged against Second Form Frieza) vs First Form Frieza

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote: Is FnF stronger than Buu arc Piccolo? I have CG/Buu arc Piccolo at 80% of a Cell Junior. Shisami, based on what I've read, is slightly stronger(?) than Piccolo. That might not be enough to win against a Cell Junior based on the Cell Kid's 1.) array of techniques and 2.) small power advantage
Even if you guys think it's stupid the fighters did get tired, there's even many instances when they defeat some soldiers and then a lot more show up and they look worried and they all ate a Senzu Bean after the fight..

Shisami was slightly beating a tired Piccolo. How strong he is depends on how much you think the fighters got tired. I personally have Piccolo at 66% of his power there.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:19 pm

supercat wrote:Gohan (enraged against Second Form Freeza) vs First Form Freeza
Freeza would be badly injured, but would survive and kill Gohan.

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:43 pm

Zombie wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote: Is FnF stronger than Buu arc Piccolo? I have CG/Buu arc Piccolo at 80% of a Cell Junior. Shisami, based on what I've read, is slightly stronger(?) than Piccolo. That might not be enough to win against a Cell Junior based on the Cell Kid's 1.) array of techniques and 2.) small power advantage
Even if you guys think it's stupid the fighters did get tired, there's even many instances when they defeat some soldiers and then a lot more show up and they look worried and they all ate a Senzu Bean after the fight..

Shisami was slightly beating a tired Piccolo. How strong he is depends on how much you think the fighters got tired. I personally have Piccolo at 66% of his power there.
Well if there were clear signs of fatigue, then I guess we can attribute Piccolo's defeat towards the absence of his full power. However, I think some of the skepticism originates from the fact that there were similar instances and/or references in the past that had either shown or suggested a different outcome.

Regardless, I still believe that Shisami should at least be close to Cell Jr. tier to give Piccolo a good fight. With no indication on the Namekian declining in strength, and with his dedication towards training, it's going to take a lot to convince me that he's simply been reduced to the level of some Zarbon tier weakling.

What about this one:

Vegeta (6 months RoSaT) vs Semi-perfect Cell
Gohan (enraged against Third Form Frieza) vs First Form Frieza

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:13 pm

supercat wrote:Vegeta (6 months RoSaT) vs Semi-perfect Cell
Gohan (enraged against Third Form Freeza) vs First Form Freeza
- Vegeta gets his ass kicked. I think after 6 months of training in the ROSAT would put him at #16 level of strength.
- Freeza gets slaughtered.