"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:34 am

I don't care for Forneverworld's content. However, wanting the man to get hit by a train or fall off a cliff is going too far in my book.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:47 am

Was this buried in the thread? I haven't seen any discussion on it, and now all I'm seeing now is incessant bickering, so I'll repost this one last time.
Metalwario64 wrote:So... I don't know if this has been posted, but it looks like FUNimation might already have the rights to Super:
WTK wrote:Another speculation thread...

Hastings ran a FUNimation only email promo blast (email blast screenshot only since direct URL won't link correctly) on June 22. It lists a number of FUNimation series. The very top of the email blasts mentions Dragon Ball Super very briefly.
After 18 years, the new series

Dragonball Super

is coming this July.

Get ready with the coolest gear here >
Did Hastings jump the gun? Probably. But they are not known to run email anime blasts of any kind.

Then again, it's really matter of when before FUNimation announce this is. The question may be will it be announced this summer (streaming on time or close to it) or later on as just home video release (Dragon Ball Z Kai wasn't streamed).
I don't know if his source is reliable or not, so if not, don't shoot the messenger! :angel:
So, does anyone think this means they have the license, and if so, that we may see a sub simulcast?
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I don't care for Forneverworld's content. However, wanting the man to get hit by a train or fall off a cliff is going too far in my book.
Shit like that really brings down this forum.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:54 am

Bonus Stage wrote:Dragon Ball Super News in Dokkan Battle Game.

What is this?
Dokkan Battle is having a special campaign celebrating Super airing in July 5th on Fuji TV.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:42 am

Beerus already said after Goku's God form ran out his power didnt go down that much meaning he has already absorbed the forms power.
Goku later claimed that his SSGSS form is a supersaiyan with a supersaiyan god power so I dont see it as being a weaker God form of him but rather an upgraded form that he mastered.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:33 am

I don't mind ForneverWorld so much - although he's clearly not the most popular figure on here! I think he's okay, but I think a lot of the time he jumps to his own conclusions and reports his own opinion as fact which unfortunately leads to false information spreading throughout the web. This has been the case with 'Super' as well as 'Resurrection F'. It's not just him though. There are a lot of YouTubers that say things here and there just for video interaction, whether it be views/likes/comments, rather than reporting the facts. Just all about getting the viewer to hit that subscribe button.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:49 am

BlackCatScott wrote:I don't mind ForneverWorld so much - although he's clearly not the most popular figure on here! I think he's okay, but I think a lot of the time he jumps to his own conclusions and reports his own opinion as fact which unfortunately leads to false information spreading throughout the web. This has been the case with 'Super' as well as 'Resurrection F'. It's not just him though. There are a lot of YouTubers that say things here and there just for video interaction, whether it be views/likes/comments, rather than reporting the facts. Just all about getting the viewer to hit that subscribe button.
Forneverworld is a terrible YouTuber and Reviewer.

Why? Because he never offers constructive criticism.

All his videos can be summed like this.

"GUYS TODAY CHAPTER/EPISODE/MOVIE WAS AWESOME! THIS AND THAT HAPPENED! OMG SO COOL!"

He's also a fanboy, hyping up chapters of a manga, always giving positive opinions even tho he was the only one that liked it.
"GUYS KAGUYA REPLACED MADARA! YEEEEEEEEES!"

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:04 am

ssjjanemba wrote:Forneverworld is a dumbass.
SSJGFrieza wrote:Forneverworld is moron and so are his fans.

I hope he gets hit by a train or falls off a cliff.
SSJGFrieza wrote: Because he's an idiot who think he's hot shit because he's big goldfish in a ocean.
GeeRod wrote:Forneverworld is an idiot. He was complaining about the plot on DBS first episode which Goten was trying to finding a gift. Is not like everytime a new Dragon Ball arc starts, we get ''fillers'' episodes. :problem:
Whether or not you like somebody's work or agree with their opinions, lowering yourself by making these sorts of comments does absolutely nothing to vindicate your opinion. If anything, this kind of mud-flinging just adds to the problem of misinformation in the Dragonball fandom, and quite frankly, just makes you all look uneducated, unreasonable and, in general, rather foolhardy.

Sometimes I read some of the things that people post on these forums and just wonder to myself if they give even slight consideration to how it comes across or how it makes them look. I don't post here as much as I used to, which on the face of it is baffling given all of the new and exciting things that are happening in Dragonball right now, but I'd say that posts like the above quoted probably have something to do with it.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:31 am

ssjjanemba wrote:Forneverworld is a dumbass.
SSJGFrieza wrote:Forneverworld is moron and so are his fans.

I hope he gets hit by a train or falls off a cliff.
GeeRod wrote:Forneverworld is an idiot. He was complaining about the plot on DBS first episode which Goten was trying to finding a gift. Is not like everytime a new Dragon Ball arc starts, we get ''fillers'' episodes. :problem:
These posts are disgusting and unacceptable. At least one of the members quoted above is no longer welcome to post here. Perhaps all. We'll see how my feelings shake out by the time I'm done making this post.

If this is the kind of person you want to be when posting here, we don't want you.
Flame Dragon wrote:Forneverworld is a terrible YouTuber and Reviewer.

Why? Because he never offers constructive criticism.

All his videos can be summed like this.

"GUYS TODAY CHAPTER/EPISODE/MOVIE WAS AWESOME! THIS AND THAT HAPPENED! OMG SO COOL!"

He's also a fanboy, hyping up chapters of a manga, always giving positive opinions even tho he was the only one that liked it.
This is only maginally better. There is at least a small attempt to discuss the discussion rather than attack the individual.

I'm incredibly disappointed with the recent comments in this thread. It reflects poorly on yourself and it reflects poorly back on this website and its community. Let it be known that these people don't speak for Kanzenshuu, and we're not going to tolerate this shit.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:57 am

Even Kanzenshuu has its moments, huh?
Flame Dragon wrote: All of Forneverworld's videos can be summed like this.

Really? Cuz I think some people here are the same way with DB. Always giving positive receptions on some episodes and transformations that are not really that great and don't give constructive criticism...at the very least.

But who am I to judge, if they like it, then so be it. Just don't enforce your fanboy-ness on other people. That's the problem with the interwebz, including this one.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:07 am

EXBadguy wrote:Even Kanzenshuu has its moments, huh?

Really? Cuz I think some people here are the same way with DB. Always giving positive receptions on some episodes and transformations that are not really that great and don't give constructive criticism...at the very least.

But who am I to judge, if they like it, then so be it. Just don't enforce your fanboy-ness on other people. That's the problem with the interwebz, including this one.
Are you kidding me? Have you at least read this thread? Most people here don't even like Dragon Ball. There's only a small portion of members giving DB positive receptions.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 am

fexus wrote: Are you kidding me? Have you at least read this thread? Most people here don't even like Dragon Ball. There's only a small portion of members giving DB positive receptions.
I'm talking about DB as a whole. If I was talking about just DB, I'd just call it part 1 and/or "original DB".
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:45 am

EXBadguy wrote:
fexus wrote: Are you kidding me? Have you at least read this thread? Most people here don't even like Dragon Ball. There's only a small portion of members giving DB positive receptions.
I'm talking about DB as a whole. If I was talking about just DB, I'd just call it part 1 and/or "original DB".
DB is a whole. People in this thread don't even like DB anymore.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 am

Yes, I'm sure people would come to this website almost every day just to hate on a series they hate!

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:05 am

EXBadguy wrote:Even Kanzenshuu has its moments, huh?

Saying your personal opinions are right and theirs are not, as you're implying, isn't constructive criticism either . You're doing basically the same, if not worse...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:20 am

You can be critical of a franchise and its aspects - storytelling, designs, etc. - while still being a fan of it. These sweeping generalizations of people that are critical somehow "not even liking the series" are ridiculous.

Dragon Ball is an artistic creation. It is not a person. It is not alive. It does not need yours or anyone else's protection.

I'd love to see an argument that I or one of the other three people that run Kanzenshuu are somehow not fans of the series. We are oftentimes its most critical consumers, but do not for one second confuse that with somehow not even liking it.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:59 am

Oookay...
Putting internal drama aside, have we seen any updates recently? Any new information at all?
I feel like it's really barren information-wise, considering we're about 11 days away from release. I guess we're left to predict a lot of things. But has there been anything major in the last few days?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:00 am

Alruneia wrote:Oookay...
Putting internal drama aside, have we seen any updates recently? Any new information at all?
I feel like it's really barren information-wise, considering we're about 11 days away from release. I guess we're left to predict a lot of things. But has there been anything major in the last few days?
Other than the first chapter of the tie-in manga coming out, not that I'm aware of.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:08 am

Wasn't there a 1 minute promo for Kai 2.0 before it aired? Will Dragon Ball Super be getting the same thing or was that 15 second preview all we're getting before the airing of the 1st episode?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:10 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Wasn't there a 1 minute promo for Kai 2.0 before it aired? Will Dragon Ball Super be getting the same thing or was that 15 second preview all we're getting before the airing of the 1st episode?
We don't really know. The official Twitter account referred to the preview as a "short version" which kinda inherently infers that a longer version exists... or, well, at least was PLANNED to exist at some point, anyway!

The whole story with Super so far has been "we'll find out when we find out, and we won't know when we'll find out until we actually find out!"

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:22 am

I think it's a shame that we're in a position now where Super premieres in 10 days and all we've got (as far as the anime is concerned) is a 15 second clip and a logo. I don't think this should be the case with Dragon Ball. I really wanted to see them go all out with the advertising for this. You know, treat it like it's a big deal... because it is for a lot of us. Is it for them? Did they see the reaction of the internet when it was announced that a new series was coming? It was unbelievable.