"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ffxiimaniac
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by ffxiimaniac » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:20 pm

New to this discussion, but I went ahead and downloaded the trailer, and using a video editor grabbed all the decent screenshots from the trailer. I uploaded them as a collage. Please enjoy :D http://imgur.com/a/Vv4A5?third_party=1

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:21 pm

shinmaru wrote:Videl personality changed after discovering how strong Gohan and co truly are.
I fully, 100%, completely and totally agree with this opinion.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:25 pm

ffxiimaniac wrote:New to this discussion, but I went ahead and downloaded the trailer, and using a video editor grabbed all the decent screenshots from the trailer. I uploaded them as a collage. Please enjoy :D http://imgur.com/a/Vv4A5?third_party=1

Goten and Goku bonding can not be top. Serious. Just cancel the series now. You can't compete with this. Nothing can

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:27 pm

ffxiimaniac wrote:New to this discussion, but I went ahead and downloaded the trailer, and using a video editor grabbed all the decent screenshots from the trailer. I uploaded them as a collage. Please enjoy :D http://imgur.com/a/Vv4A5?third_party=1
I wonder who that character with the horns is.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:28 pm

If they are planning rewrite BoG and RoF then i hope they rewrite the ending of Z cause screw that Uub bullshit. I want Goku to train under Beerus and Whis and become the strongest God in the multiverse and immortal ;)
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:31 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:If they are planning rewrite BoG and RoF then i hope they rewrite the ending of Z cause screw that Uub bullshit. I want Goku to train under Beerus and Whis and become the strongest God in the multiverse and immortal ;)
Why...?

At the risk of sounding elitist, may I ask what Dragon Ball in its essence is like to you?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:32 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:If they are planning rewrite BoG and RoF then i hope they rewrite the ending of Z cause screw that Uub bullshit. I want Goku to train under Beerus and Whis and become the strongest God in the multiverse and immortal ;)
Will you stop? I don't think you realize that what you keep claiming to want is about as un-Dragon Ball as you can get. And the poorly written, poorly thought out posts are annoying.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:37 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Will you stop? I don't think you realize that what you keep claiming to want is about as un-Dragon Ball as you can get. And the poorly written, poorly thought out posts are annoying.
This is not OK. You don't get to dictate what other people say or post.

You're more than welcome to engage with them, press them on their opinions, and express your own... but the show is different things to different people, and you don't own them or their thoughts.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Why...?

At the risk of sounding elitist, may I ask what Dragon Ball in its essence is like to you?
For me dragon ball is about the story of Son Goku and him eventually evolving from being this clueless wild bushy kid into a protector of the universe and a freaking god!
Dragon ball basically teaches that being strong and not strong therefore every time a new evil arrives, it grows stronger after being defeated.And you have to literally surpass that logic of being strong to a level that nothing can go higher than that. And for all training and time that Goku spent, I definitely want to see him reach that final level that he can be rewarded for.
Last edited by GokuRules987 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Champa tale looks cut off and more thin than Beerus.

I'm happy they didn't use the shiny balloon looking colors/animation.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:48 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
For me dragon ball is about the story of Son Goku and him eventually evolving from being this clueless wild bushy kid into a protector of the universe and a freaking god!
Dragon ball basically teaches that being strong and not strong therefore every time a new evil arrives, it grows stronger after being defeated.And you have to literally surpass that logic of being strong to a level that nothing can go higher than that. And for all training and time that Goku spent, I definitely want to see him reach that final level that he can be rewarded for.
Personally, I think that a "final level" would be self-defeating. Goku would hate for there to be a level so high you can't get any stronger. He always strives to improve, so telling him "this is it; this is the absolute limit", would be something he'd really dislike, and pretty contrary to the series' theme of constant improvement.

EDIT: And as an addendum, furthermore, being the strongest in the multiverse forever? Also something Goku, I feel, would hate. He loves finding and taking on new strong opponents--it's his joy in life. If no-one could challenge him anymore, he'd probably get depressed.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:52 pm

If this is a retelling of the films, I'm fine with that, ESPECIALLY if it can better than Fukkatsu no F
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Spoiler alert.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:57 pm

The new trailer was awesome. Female whis is sexy.
Hi

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:58 pm

kizuki wrote:Spoiler alert.

I guess DBO is no longer canon? Well it could still be.
Hi

kizuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by kizuki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:59 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:
kizuki wrote:Spoiler alert.

I guess DBO is no longer canon? Well it could still be.
Well, I believe it is. Which is why I meant if anyone else but myself who was familiar with it thought it was.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:01 pm

If I recall correctly, I quite liked the ending written for DBO, yeah.

I don't particularly consider it canon, given that it came before what seems to be the new canon, but I don't...think it actually contradicts any of this new stuff, so I guess you could consider it canon if you wanted. (And even if it isn't canon...eh, it still exists. Or rather, it did exist before it got taken down. You know what I mean.)
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Captain Space wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:
Personally, I think that a "final level" would be self-defeating. Goku would hate for there to be a level so high you can't get any stronger. He always strives to improve, so telling him "this is it; this is the absolute limit", would be something he'd really dislike, and pretty contrary to the series' theme of constant improvement.

EDIT: And as an addendum, furthermore, being the strongest in the multiverse forever? Also something Goku, I feel, would hate. He loves finding and taking on new strong opponents--it's his joy in life. If no-one could challenge him anymore, he'd probably get depressed.
I agree with this. But at the same time can't help but question what Goku's life would be like if he knew he reached his limit. In a way, we saw that at the start of DBZ. He was the strongest on his planet, and seemed conformed. Consequently, he was seen as more of a family man, living a life similarly to what we saw at the start of DB. He didn't seem so obsessed with training until the scope of the universe expanded for him after Raditz arrived, and he realized there are endless strong foes out there. Reaching SSJ also broadened that view and inspired him to continue to reach new levels and heights even when there aren't any enemies around, which explains why he's the training freak he is now.

If he can't get any stronger and there are no opponents for him... I guess he'd just live a nice, quiet life with his family, welcoming a new foe, but not really becoming depressed over the lack of one either. >.>
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:09 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:Videl in the 90s

Videl now

What happened :(
...What happened?
She blossomed? at least for me she got cuter. :oops:
that's showbiz, shows the industry can change a girl after gaining a little fame! :lolno:

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Captain Space wrote:

But wouldn't that give him some kind of legacy to be remembered for?

But what actually motivated Goku to improve himself? Its not because he wanted to compete against other fighters or train for fun! he trained because he needed to save the earth from evil and him loving to fight is what made it not become a chore for him.
And if he doesn't want to become the strongest in the multiverse, why does he enjoy fighting stronger characters and improving himself? He even found himself being mocked when Beerus told him to use all of his power against him. So it just shows that Goku has no problem with becoming stronger even if he surpasses everyone in the end.

And since all things have to eventually come to an end Goku becoming the strongest character is not something that he will be aiming for but its something he will come to realize when there will be no stronger opponent than him.