Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:03 am

If fusion became unusable, why wouldn't there be any tension if Beerus would still far outclass the warriors? We know Kid Buu could have been defeated easily with it, doesn't mean people didn't care for the fight just because Vegetto or Gogeta or Gotenks could have pummeled him into oblivion. Just my opinion, I can see why people would prefer how it happened. No point discussing it further.

How about the four-eyed red beast, you guys think he's just there to be one shotted by Beerus?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:10 am

LightBing wrote:If fusion became unusable, why wouldn't there be any tension if Beerus would still far outclass the warriors? We know Kid Buu could have been defeated easily with it, doesn't mean people didn't care for the fight just because Vegetto or Gogeta or Gotenks could have pummeled him into oblivion. Just my opinion, I can see why people would prefer how it happened. No point discussing it further.

How about the four-eyed red beast, you guys think he's just there to be one shotted by Beerus?
But the Kid Boo fight initially had tension because Goku crushed the Potara and Vegeta didn't know how to perform fusion. It's when they revived Gohan, Goten and Trunks that the fight lost ALL of the tension.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:34 pm

I personally want the gap between Goku and Beerus / Whis to be more substantial. Candidly speaking, I'm a bit tired of seeing Goku casually surpassing people with relative ease. I'm really looking forward to seeing him go through a real challenge where it requires the collaborative effort of some of the other characters to make it through their challenges.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:36 pm

supercat wrote:I personally want the gap between Goku and Beerus / Whis to be more substantial. Candidly speaking, I'm a bit tired of seeing Goku casually surpassing people with relative ease. I'm really looking forward to seeing him go through a real challenge where it requires the collaborative effort of some of the other characters to make it through their challenges.
I'd like if the difference between Whis and the strongest God was really high, personally. Like Whis being Mr. Satan and the strongest God being, well, Whis. I'd also like it if Goku never beat that God either.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:00 pm

I hope Universe 7 is the weakest. Eleven universes above Goku is great, there will always be someone stronger ad infinitum.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:02 pm

I wouldn't want it to be the weakest because if there are still universes with weaker beings than the ones in the 7th, then that gives a chance for other characters.

Then again, the same could be done with just plain old weak beings from stronger universes too, but meh

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Doctor. wrote:I wouldn't want it to be the weakest because if there are still universes with weaker beings than the ones in the 7th, then that gives a chance for other characters.

Then again, the same could be done with just plain old weak beings from stronger universes too, but meh
Assuming our Universe average is 3000, gods and mutants and androids aside, the other Z-Senshi might have many chances to fight. They just have to want to make it happen.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Doctor. wrote:I wouldn't want it to be the weakest because if there are still universes with weaker beings than the ones in the 7th, then that gives a chance for other characters.

Agreed. I honestly hope some of the weaker characters get to a level of relevance at some point. It doesn't even have to be every single character who's suffered the unlucky fate of being phased out. Even including some of the stronger characters within the bucket of weaklings would really suffice in my opinion. Characters like: Gohan, Mr. Buu, Piccolo, and Krillin.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Bullza wrote:Image

Some kind of strenght feat there? Not sure what it is but I already know it'll probably end up being discussed to death.
I pray to god to hope that thing weighs 100,000 tons or 100 at least or otherwise its gonna be on a long list things that be talk to death :crazy:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:59 pm

pacz360 wrote:I pray to god to hope that thing weighs 100,000 tons or 100 at least or otherwise its gonna be on a long list things that be talk to death :crazy:
If Toriyama is writing the lines, it'll probably be some low number and this should be pre-SSGod Goku, so his base form would probably not be that much more powerful from when he couldn't handle 40 tons, so maybe in that same ballpark?
Though I honestly doubt they will be giving it a weight, but we'll have to wait and see.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:16 pm

I doubt a specific weight will be given to it but if there was you can bet that people will complain about it being way too low just like the 40 ton thing.

I'm curious to see what that scene will actually entail as it's not often you actually see any feats of strenght in this series.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:51 pm

Let's start off with some figures here:

Vegeta
~SsjG2: 1,000

Trunks
~SsjG3: 1,800

Goku
~Ssj 50%: 1,500
~FPMSsj: 3,000

Gohan
~FPMSsj: 4,000
~Ssj2: 8,000

Perfect Cell
~Silent Power Up: 1,600
~Powered Up: 3,200
~Increased Speed: 3,600
~Real Speed: 4,200
~Full Power: 5,500
~Super Perfect: 7,500

So for Goku to single shot Super Perfect Cell as a normal Super Saiyan, he would probably need a minimum gap of 40%, because I've got Vegeta vs Semi-Perfect Cell at a 30% gap. So Dragonball Super Goku would probably look something like this:

Majin Buu Saga

Goku
~Base: 100
~FPMSSjin: 5,000
~Ssj2: 10,000
~SSj3: 40,000

Dragonball Super

Goku
~Base: 200
~Ssj: 10,000
~Ssj2: 20,000
~Ssj3: 80,000

Interestingly, this implies that Goku doubled his strength during this time-frame, which isn't a half bad, or outrageously large increase.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:07 am

I personally like to rate heroes from 1-15. Similar to how toriyama stated when they asked how powerful were Beerus and whis. Berrus was a 10 and whis was a 15.

Goku (pre God boost)
2/15
Vegeta (pre God boost)
1.5/15
Gohan (before losing his mystic form)
3/15
Gotenks
2.5/15

Champa
8.5-9.5/10

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:57 am

Berserker1921 wrote:I personally like to rate heroes from 1-15. Similar to how toriyama stated when they asked how powerful were Beerus and whis. Berrus was a 10 and whis was a 15.

Goku (pre God boost)
2/15
Vegeta (pre God boost)
1.5/15
3/15
Gotenks
2.5/15

Champa
8.5-9.5/10
So Goku got 3 times stronger and Vegetto is barely stronger than Gohan?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 am

singsing wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:I personally like to rate heroes from 1-15. Similar to how toriyama stated when they asked how powerful were Beerus and whis. Berrus was a 10 and whis was a 15.

Goku (pre God boost)
2/15
Vegeta (pre God boost)
1.5/15
3/15
Gotenks
2.5/15

Champa
8.5-9.5/10
So Goku got 3 times stronger and Vegetto is barely stronger than Gohan?
No I think Vegetto is a 4.5-5. And remember he said goku was a 6 as a god. And they mention that not even fusion could get Beerus. Of course goku could have meant the dance but even if they did the earrings and went ssj3. It wouldn't be as close as goku becoming a god.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:29 am

Remember when toriyama talked about these figures I am assuming a .5 is leagues above a character. I said Gohan was a 3. And goku was a 2. Maybe a 2.5 since he constantly training while Gohan is weakening. So idk these are my opinions.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:10 am

I'd see it as something like this

Whis - 15
Beerus - 10
Golden Frieza - 7.5
SSGSS Goku - 7
SSGSS Vegeta - 6.5
SSJ God Goku - 6
SSJ3 Vegito - 5
SSJ2 Vegito - 1.25
Super Vegito - 0.625
Vegito - 0.0125

Every other character to appear in DBZ would be under a 0.01

No idea where base Goku and Final Form Frieza fit into that.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:00 am

h0kuten wrote:
So for Goku to single shot Super Perfect Cell as a normal Super Saiyan, he would probably need a minimum gap of 40%, because I've got Vegeta vs Semi-Perfect Cell at a 30% gap. So Dragonball Super Goku would probably look something like this:
There's no reason to actually assume that what he was picturing in his head was an accurate depiction of strength, so much as him just imagining battling against those opponents. Otherwise you'd have to believe he had the capacity to fight against Pure Buu while in his regular Super Saiya-jin form as well, since he's shown charging at Pure Buu while a regular Super Saiya-jin. That'd require him to have jumped 8x in terms of battle power in the span of a few months, which is extremely unreasonable to assume he had managed to do.

Besides, the manga indicates at least two hits, not just one. He's shown delivering a strong palm thrust with his right, and then the punch with his left is what dissipated Cell.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:27 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
h0kuten wrote:
There's no reason to actually assume that what he was picturing in his head was an accurate depiction of strength, so much as him just imagining battling against those opponents. Otherwise you'd have to believe he had the capacity to fight against Pure Buu while in his regular Super Saiya-jin form as well, since he's shown charging at Pure Buu while a regular Super Saiya-jin. That'd require him to have jumped 8x in terms of battle power in the span of a few months, which is extremely unreasonable to assume he had managed to do.

Besides, the manga indicates at least two hits, not just one. He's shown delivering a strong palm thrust with his right, and then the punch with his left is what dissipated Cell.
Why can't it be an indicator of strength? Goku was training to be able to defeat Kid Buu on his own. EOZ implies he is able to do so in normal Base form.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:07 pm

h0kuten wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:
h0kuten wrote:

Why can't it be an indicator of strength? Goku was training to be able to defeat Kid Buu on his own. EOZ implies he is able to do so in normal Base form.
I wouldn't be suprised if that is true, but for now il stick with imagination...When we get better display of Goku's power without God powers in actual fight or sentance is when it should be taken serious,,besides EoZ could vanish with this new series so Oob might be part of original dbz that didn't rank Goku as number 1...