A Japanese criminal claims that he wanted to become Gohan

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

A Japanese criminal claims that he wanted to become Gohan

Post by kei17 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:56 pm

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150 ... 0-sph-soci
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/ ... 8-ann-soci
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/ ... 5-nnn-soci

In Japan, on the the first day of a trial for bodily harm, it turned out that the defendant, arrested for cutting at his neighbor with a knife while being high on drugs, claimed that he wanted to make a name for himself by becoming Son Gohan from the Dragon Ball series. He also said that he had been trying to use Kaioken when he attempted to remove the handcuffs during the police investigation. One of the news articles bothered to point out that Gohan does not use Kaioken.

...Nothing makes sense here, but this one of the weirdest pieces of news ever became a hot topic among the Japanese fandom.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: A Japanese criminal claims that he wanted to become Goha

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Yeap... weird.... I sort of remember someone committed suicide after finding out Itachi from Naruto died...

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:08 pm

Because Gohan went around cutting people with knives while being high? :eh:

Yeah, this is really beyond strange.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:09 pm

kei17 wrote:http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150 ... 0-sph-soci
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/ ... 8-ann-soci
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/videonews/ ... 5-nnn-soci

In Japan, on the the first day of a trial for bodily harm, it turned out that the defendant, arrested for cutting at his neighbor with a knife while being high on drugs, claimed that he wanted to make a name for himself by becoming Son Gohan from the Dragon Ball series. He also said that he had been trying to use Kaioken when he attempted to remove the handcuffs during the police investigation. One of the news articles bothered to point out that Gohan does not use Kaioken.

...Nothing makes sense here, but this one of the weirdest pieces of news ever became a hot topic among the Japanese fandom.
I've heard of this just recently. What a strange incident. You don't hear about this kind of stuff with CNN in America. They're mostly consumed with politics. By the way Kei, did you ever get around to reading my PM?
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:30 pm

kei17 wrote:He also said that he had been trying to use Kaioken when he attempted to remove the handcuffs during the police investigation.

This is the first thing I thought of when I read this. Somebody needs to use Adobe and make it look like this guy is doing the Kaioken.

Interestingly, it wouldn't be the first time somebody took it and did something DBZ-related with it. The above incident was responsible for the creation of this video.....and then somebody put a DBZ spin on it.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Damn. And I thought I liked Gohan a lot... though to be fair, aspiring to become Gohan is probably not aiming particularly high on the scale of ambition....
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:43 pm

It's clearly that devilish rap music that influenced him.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

ThatGuyNamedChancey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThatGuyNamedChancey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Insertclevername wrote:It's clearly that devilish rap music that influenced him.
Or maybe he wanted to be Soulja Boy, who looks like Gohan. As we all know, Soulja Boy is the most influential black rapper alive. :P
I tend not to post here anymore because what I say doesn't add to the conversation.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:58 pm

And here I thought I'd heard everything...then Japan ONCE AGAIN comes out of left field with this! Bravo Japan...good game, well played. But seriously...the guy was high off his mind so I doubt he had any clue to what he was saying. Either that or he was trying to be Gohan from the deadzone movie!
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:08 pm

"If they won't bring back Ultimate Gohan, I'll just become him instead!!!"
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:39 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:"If they won't bring back Ultimate Gohan, I'll just become him instead!!!"
Really shouldn't be making jokes here.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:57 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:"If they won't bring back Ultimate Gohan, I'll just become him instead!!!"
Chill out man. Not the time for it.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Wait, wait, was someone gravely injured or killed? When I read the OP, I figured it was nothing serious. Just slight cuts from some dude that was high as a kite and shouting DBZ attack names.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:30 pm

What a surreal incident. I don't really know what to make of it other than just another case of a fan taking an animated show too seriously.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:08 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Yeap... weird.... I sort of remember someone committed suicide after finding out Itachi from Naruto died...
Yup, that's true. And then Kishimoto brought Itachi back. :)
Kishi Troll!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Oh yikes.......I didn't realize somebody died..............feeling rather awkward now..... :oops:
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:55 pm

So did the victim die from the wounds? Or are you talking about the suicide story?
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:47 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:
kei17 wrote:He also said that he had been trying to use Kaioken when he attempted to remove the handcuffs during the police investigation.

This is the first thing I thought of when I read this. Somebody needs to use Adobe and make it look like this guy is doing the Kaioken.

Interestingly, it wouldn't be the first time somebody took it and did something DBZ-related with it. The above incident was responsible for the creation of this video.....and then somebody put a DBZ spin on it.
There's also this version. (although they seem to be using the Big Green dub interpretation of what a Kamehameha is).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:11 pm

ThatGuyNamedChancey wrote:
Insertclevername wrote:It's clearly that devilish rap music that influenced him.
Or maybe he wanted to be Soulja Boy, who looks like Gohan. As we all know, Soulja Boy is the most influential black rapper alive. :P
Unfortunately...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:19 pm

Know what's in the drugs you're taking, kids!