Do you think that Mira, Towa, as well as Fu will be in DBS?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PhoenixEX
Regular

Do you think that Mira, Towa, as well as Fu will be in DBS?

Post by PhoenixEX » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:12 am

I'd post this on the Dragon Ball Super sub-board but for some odd reason casual members aren't allowed to start threads there (this forum is way too restrictive, imo).
Anyways, do you think that these 3 characters will make some sort of appearance? Especially Fu, since I can sense great potential for this character.
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Fu

EDIT: I just noticed that my thread was moved to the DBS board. Cool, haha.
Last edited by PhoenixEX on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
One World. 🌐 🕊

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Do you think that Mira, Towa, as well as Fu will be in D

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:15 am

I doubt it but If they could make it interesting I wouldn't mind it at all! :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 am

Would I take an arc that covered them? Sure, but I don't think there is any chance at all of that happening. Especially not for Fu. Towa and Mira might have the tiniest chance of being used, but as of right now, Fu is nothing more than obscure trivia in the Taiwan DBO guidebook.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:49 am

I really wouldn't want Mira and Towa in super. I thought they were pretty boring villains, i mean they were pretty easy to beat in xeno too. Towa can't fight at the levels the current goku/vegeta and Mira has a personality of a mossy log. If i had to pick a character from xenoverse/online it'd be supreme kai of time.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

mogi67
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mogi67 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 am

I hope not. They are pretty uninteresting characters imo

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 pm

I think they would be better suited for a Time Patrol Trunks spin-off, be it an anime or manga.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:23 pm

It's possible if Toriyama writes them into the story. It could be interesting to see how it plays out if they show up.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:14 pm

I'd really rather the video games stay separate from the cartoons, if at all possible. I haven't played the game yet, but if the XV crew is worth further development, it should be within a sequel.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:08 pm

I'm torn on this.

My first inkling is that I think that those calling the shots in the Dragonball Franchise should be encouraged to introduce original villains for video games, as the endless repetition and regurgitation of the same story year-on-year got was already old some 15 years ago. The Dragonball Online elements that were cannibalised into Xenoverse made a lovely change, which even for all of the shortcomings in the gameplay, still make Xenoverse the most memorable, and most importantly, re-playable, Dragonball game since, in my opinion, Budokai 3.

Having said all of the above, I think that one of the problems that the franchise has faced in recent years is a stagnancy, whereby even slight deviations or original additions have been snapped-up and over-commodified (I'm talking about you, Dragonball Heroes) out of what has felt like somewhere between an outright lack of additional ideas and laziness. I don't want Mira, Towa and Fu shoehorned back into the main franchise just because they're there - I'd firstly like to see new avenues explored and entirely ideas adopted. If they were able to write a wonderful story around Demigra & co, I'd have no complaints whatsoever in the final analysis, but I'd take new and unexpected directions altogether every day of the week first before that.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:25 pm

I would like, to be honest. Those character designs are far more original than Champa and Whis Waifu.
I want as unique characters as possible.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Dragon Ball has many timelines thanks to Trunks and Cell going back in time. I think Towa and Mira could work if they have a story arc where it has them fucking around in the timeline. Mira could make a cool main villain for a saga, but I still rather see someone new first though.
She/Her

Lapis

Post by Lapis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:07 am

I hope not.. I honestly dislike Towa and Mira because they are too generic(same goes for Demigra). Not to mention the character designs remind me of poorly designed fan made characters. I like the fact that they are from the demon realm though.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:09 pm

The elements from Dragon Ball Online seem to be recycled from other video-games like Dragon Ball XenoVerse & Dragon Ball Heroes, so I highly doubt it. Seems like they'll keep the video-game stuff for video-games.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:03 pm

I think Mira, Towa and Fu are gonna stick to making video game appearance strictly.

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:56 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:The elements from Dragon Ball Online seem to be recycled from other video-games like Dragon Ball XenoVerse & Dragon Ball Heroes, so I highly doubt it. Seems like they'll keep the video-game stuff for video-games.
Hehe it's funny how you think that, when it's in fact exactly the other way around.
Before the special, the new movies and now the new series, Dragonball online used to be the closest thing to "a continuation of the manga" we had. Akira Toriyama was heavily involved in the design process. I don't know how much of the early designs are actually his. But from playing the game it felt obvious to me that he put his stamp on it.
The world just radiates so much love for the dragonball manga. It introduces way more original concepts than any other game ever did. Something creators would only dare to do if they had the ok from Toriyama. For instance I love the whole all the different varieties of saibamen they came up with, the different designs for Nameks and Buu species, all the variations on Goku's original gi and on the saiyan armor/jump suit. It introduced ssj hair for girls... the list is endless. I mean, the "Red Pants" army. Brilliant xD

I will forever treat it with a lot of respect, much more than I do Dragonball Heroes or Xenoverse. You'd had to threaten me with torture before I believe Toriyama has anything to do with he "new characters" of Dragonball heroes.

This

might just as well be Toriyama himself appearing in the dragonball online game. Gas mask and holding a stick of poo, basically him xD

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:07 am

I doubt so. They are keeping things separate so that the different "continuities" can coexist and progress independently.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:09 am

TRL wrote:The world just radiates so much love for the dragonball manga. It introduces way more original concepts than any other game ever did. Something creators would only dare to do if they had the ok from Toriyama. For instance I love the whole all the different varieties of saibamen they came up with, the different designs for Nameks and Buu species, all the variations on Goku's original gi and on the saiyan armor/jump suit. It introduced ssj hair for girls... the list is endless. I mean, the "Red Pants" army. Brilliant xD

I will forever treat it with a lot of respect, much more than I do Dragonball Heroes or Xenoverse. You'd had to threaten me with torture before I believe Toriyama has anything to do with he "new characters" of Dragonball heroes.
The irony here? What you seem to love about the game, the developers actually dislike. The relationship between Japan and Korea really hindered what the game could have been. The Korean developers have complained that they had many ideas they wanted to use, but Japan wouldn't really let them mess with anything. They had to jump through a lot of hoops to get characters like Tao Pai Pai as an enemy in the AGE 1000 era and as such that's the reason so many of the enemies aren't humans; with most being Saibaimen or animals and constantly rehashing them with different pallets and such. Characters like Piccolo in AGE 1000 HAD to be NPCs.

I was a huge supporter of the game. The supplemental info from the timeline and guidebooks will always be great, but the game content...? I'm not entirely sure how much respect it deserves anymore. I'm kinda happy that my annoyances with things like the game basically being "Saibaimen Online" is echoed by NTL.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:19 am

Oh hey DevilsCorpse, that's interesting. I didn't know about that. Well obviously I also don't like rehashed monsters and color swaps. I bet that became more apparent during the later parts of the game where they introduced "evil nameks" and pirate zombie version of every monster that came before. Luckily and sadly i never made it that far into the game. I never even came into contact with Towa or Miira.

But just the concept of a saibaman being as small as a seed with tiny feet or as huge as a palm tree. You have to commend them for that.
Them returning to more animalistic ennemies again seemed like a love affair with the original dragonball. Which I liked. I mean not every fight can be a very serious fight to the death with a super powerful villain so you might as well kill some dinosaurs, wolves and tigers along the way for meat right. ;)

In any case even if Super bombs, I still have hope, because they could still use this world that's so far in the future that everyone except Piccolo is dead so they can just start fresh with a beautiful world. None of the story has to be similar to the actual game. They can just take the world start with one saiyan, namek or buu descendant and go from there.
Last edited by TRL on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 am

TRL wrote:everyone except Piccolo is dead so they can't just start fresh with a beautiful world.
Don't forget Dende, Kame-sennin and Mr. Boo!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I think Mira, Towa and Fu are gonna stick to making video game appearance strictly.
I guess Mira, Tow, Churai and Fu will likely be video game only characters to the series much like how Nitemare and Heishin are to Yu-Gi-Oh.
She/Her