What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by dougo13 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:56 am

I'm just trying to see the show. Still haven't found streams for Fuji TV that work. Just about every other Japanese channel is available though. I don't want to blow $10 to watch an episode reduced to still pictures as what happened with the first broadcast episode of Space Battleship Yamato 2199 a couple years ago. We are just too far away to use this IPTV stuff though the Chinese boxes like TVPad and Moonbox are all over the place and work well. Worst case scenario is I can check with my bud's mum and see if Fuji TV is available on hers. July 4th can't come soon enough...

DOS

Post by DOS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:24 pm

Sign me up for Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Knowing we're possibly doing a new version of BOG; please please please gimmie some ssjg Gokû learning about his new powers and what sorts of fun stuff he can do with it, not to mention some trial-and-error where he accidentally lights stuff on fire (but no one gets hurt and they put the fires out quickly enough). Chi-Chi starts carrying around an emergency water-gun.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:45 pm

DOS wrote:Sign me up for Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta!
This'll be the last chance we'll get to see him use it so if it doesn't happen here then it never will.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:06 pm

That the writing and overall execution is somehow so brilliant it distances the fact that it's the safest and boring concept for the show they could've possibly picked and that we're able to sit through it at least until we get to post-ROF period, or post-retelling-of-ROF

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:20 pm

I want the fights in super to be good and well executed the little short fight between shisami and piccolo was good but could've been much more and that's is what i want to see in super plus and have it in space too :)

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:11 pm

I just want to be able to see the darn thing now, so hopefully Funi does plan to simulcast a sub. Otherwise I'm going to be a very anxious person, like I am before watching my favorite sports teams games, only this time waiting for Dragonball Super to air over hear.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:25 pm

I second for Funi to announce a simulcast before the week is up.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:29 am

During the events of Yo Son Goku! we see that Goku Ssj is more or less comparable to Gotenks Ssj Post-ROST. Then, by Battle of Gods, Vegeta's Ssj2 is seemingly near or greater than Gohan's Ultimate form. This infers huge improvements. Under the knowledge Dragonball Super takes place shortly after The Majin Buu Saga & before Battle of Gods, I hope to see Goku & Vegeta getting much stronger during this duration of time and explaining how Vegeta Ssj2 was able to resist Beerus when Ultimate Gohan could not.

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sun Wukong » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:00 am

1. Better animation, better sound track like Falconer's or Tekken.
2. Other Z-fighters besides Goku & Vegeta do something worthwhile more than once.
3. Android 17, Lunch, Dende make their return to the battle field.
4. Goten & Trunks actually age & mature
5. the 'gods' that don't become Kaioshins (King, Grand, etc.) make their appearance and what do they do
6. Demon realm is explored
7. Events before the 21st BT are went into greater detail. As in how Master Roshi's sensei came up w/ the mafuba.
8. How did Earthlings manage to gain such massive powers (i.e. original Son Gohan, Roshi & Co.) considering most of Freeza fodder space soldiers are far weaker than them. Origin of martial arts on Earth would be nice. Perhaps it was when the original Daimo Kami came to Earth on his space ship? Before dividing himself.
9. The great extinction of the Namekians leaving Guru as the last surviving Namek. That should be explained.
10.The galactic patrol should be gone into further detail do the work under the universe patrol?
11. Besides the other gods of Creation & destruction Beerus' mentioned other warriors greater than his own kind. All of these should be gone into further detail.
12. Future Trunks needs to make a massive come back. Perhaps as a Mystic SSJ3.
13. The anime series (w/ the movies, & GT) need to be an alternate timeline which will come in full circle after the around the first third or half of the super series
14. The origin of the Dragon balls. The dragons themselves should be coming from some source i.e. Dragon realm. Which Namekains can channel them through to other lower realms
15. Current species need to be gone in more depth like those frog & fish ones. Give them an actual name & culture. Please.
16. For there to be other more mechanized races. That don't depend on Ki but cosmic energy kind of like how Namekains use the Sun's light.
17. inter-universal warfare (demon realm trying to over throw the Kaioshin realm, space pirates trying to over throw the galactic patrol,etc.)
18. We know that there is the mortal realm then the demon realm/hell, snakeway, heaven, then the realm of the kaioshins (for universe 7 and plausibly others which need to be explained in greater detail). And some universes w/ different structures would be nice If in some the demon realm are in charge.
19.But purgatory where all souls of the damned go and ceasing to exist. This is where all souls cease to be individuals and become something like a Bose-Einstein condensate. Neither living nor dead. In a perpetual state of existence & non existence. The twilight zone if you will. Of course this purgatory should be out side of all Universes where souls from all universes go but don't come out. And never have for eternity until...
20.And just like Purgatory. The Dragon Realm should be on the opposite end of the spectrum where souls of the greatest & mightiest warriors are allowed to enter. I.E. EoGT Goku. Retaining their individuality for eternity through immortality. Or so it was meant to be that way...
21. Ofc. during this series Heaven & Hell for one or more universe should get completely obliterated. While the fighters existing in those planes put up their last grand fight; ultimately w/ futility (e.g. Pikkon, Olibu, Supreme Kai, etc.). Throwing the entire balance of the cosmos out of order (this could be done through the intense inter-universal warfare). Which leads Future Trunks, the galactic patrol, Kaioshins, Namekains, etc. to try and rectify this in due time. Which ofc. they won't leading to the gates of damned: Purgatory to open up and to exponentiate the damage already. This would be a good time when The gods' of Creation & Destruction along w/ the powerful warriors of the mortal realms (Like Goku, Vegeta, & others form different universes) aren't obviously enough to stem the tides of such an onslaught. This is where mighty warriors from the Dragon realm & Dragons can come forth to undo the mess. Having some being(s) from previous cycles of created & destroyed universes would be nice.
22. A multiversal tournament (duh). We haven't had good tournaments since the 23rd BT (going by the manga) or the other world tournament (in the anime). IT should go all the way w/o interruptions.
23. The series can end w/ fans knowing that the DB cosmos is in an eternal state of creation & destruction. A cyclic state. And ofc. it can either end via a deistic route. Or a naturally strange mental universe. A conscious entity.

Note: Yes I realize none of these are going to happen since the later portion is perhaps some what of a "fanfic" material.

edit 2nd note: I also think these would allow the series to return back to its serious tone. It can start off light heartedly b/c peace times. But through BoG, and RoF as thigns start going from minorly bad to serious, bad, worse, a nightmare, hellish, then finally the damned walking among the living. That's why I started off w/ other side characters getting some screen time and ending the series w/ obliteration of the afterlife & such.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

majintenor

Post by majintenor » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:23 am

I would absolutely love seeing the following:

Resurrection of Bardock, King Vegeta, Raditz, other key saiyans from the past to assist the z warriors in battle.
It would be awesome seeing Goku and Vegeta "taming" these saiyans and teaching them the good guy way.

Rebuild the saiyan race (by ressurecting) to become a peacekeeping race as it once was.

Vegeta saves the day and surpasses Goku FINALLY. (Dat Ressurection F scene where Vegeta is standing tall on the mountain top with Frieza down in the dirt below, tho)
Perhaps Goku will become evil somehow and Vegeta beats him.

Pan or Bra as super saiyans.
I mean, come on.

Battousai
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Battousai » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:47 am

I would love to see Piccolo as a major character, once again. Super Namek God or something.

I would also love to see the earthlings mastering Kaio-ken. Hey, how awesome would it be to see Yamcha's wolf technique boosted with Kaio-ken.

Rockman X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rockman X » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:53 pm

>Gohan NOT being fu*king yamcha!
>Older characters like Android 17,16 and arale
>NEW CONTENT
>Animation that doesn't make me puke.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:19 pm

Rockman X wrote:Arale
Seriously? They might as well make a Dr. Slump Super.

I'd like to see the plot inconsistencies fixed in Super. They already fixed the 38-year-old Bulma, so yay.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:26 pm

A Future Trunks arc. IN THE FUTURE!

Because... why not?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:A Future Trunks arc. IN THE FUTURE!

Because... why not?
It'll last one whole scene and involve Earth burning, with Buu and Babidi laughing in the background.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Doctor. wrote:A Future Trunks arc. IN THE FUTURE!

Because... why not?
I thought of something similar. For some whatever asspull reason, Bulma discovers that the past is not "set", so she sends Trunks back to 764 to fix the past otherwise everyone starts disappearing (Krillin, Goku, etc)
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Right now - for the upcoming "Vegeta becomes a pupil" episode to be a lot of fun. :3
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Chuquita wrote:Right now - for the upcoming "Vegeta becomes a pupil" episode to be a lot of fun. :3
I second this. I love your idea of Goku and Vegeta being roommates.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:27 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Right now - for the upcoming "Vegeta becomes a pupil" episode to be a lot of fun. :3
I second this. I love your idea of Goku and Vegeta being roommates.
Thank you! After watching the part in F where he trains Gokû and Vegeta, I like to think it's the kind of thing Whis would do to them.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!