Poll: What looks better, Super Saiyan or Bluper Saiyan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Puto
I Live Here

Re: Poll: What looks better, Super Saiyan or Bluper Saiyan?

Post by Puto » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:48 am

Rocketman wrote:Deep inside, you all know the true answer:

I'm game.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:02 am

Super Saiyan, easily. It will always be the most iconic.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:09 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I wish someone skilled would take the original SSJ Goku form (from Namek) and do some swapping so it'll look like SSGSS with shading that fits the art from that saga. Also, take SSGSS from F, and do even more swapping to make it look like SSJ.
I did a REAAAAALLY sloppy job, but is it more-or-less something like this you were imagining?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:48 am

Doctor. wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I wish someone skilled would take the original SSJ Goku form (from Namek) and do some swapping so it'll look like SSGSS with shading that fits the art from that saga. Also, take SSGSS from F, and do even more swapping to make it look like SSJ.
I did a REAAAAALLY sloppy job, but is it more-or-less something like this you were imagining?
Hey, not bad! Just need blue eyes on the top one.

Hmmm...SSGSS with SSJ colors looks better to me, but blue retro SSJ also looks badass. I guess it's not the blue color that bothers me, after all, but the modern art in general.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:15 pm

In my view the simple Golden Super Saiyan looks way better and it has more natural tone to be a hair color. The fact that the hair and eyes were changed in the case of SSGSS makes me to puke. I really hate blue to be a hair color. Still, the aura of SSGSS looks amazingly badass and sweet.

So the physical change of SSGSS bothers me the most but its aura is better. So the Super Saiyan form is slightly better.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Appūru-sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Appūru-sama » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:27 pm

Super Saiyan all the way. I'm talking OG, on Namek, when it was fresh and new and before it became a bargain sale. He actually looks like a god.

Bluper Saiyan or SuperSaiyanGodSaiyanSuperGodSaiyaSaiyan gives me diabetes. It's a lazy, grading, and unnatural recolor.

On a related note, I miss when Toriyama could draw...

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:33 pm

I don't like blondes, and blue is my favourite colour but for some reason I prefer SSJ.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Easily SSJ. SSGSSJ has a horrible shade of blue that's unfitting on both Vegeta and Goku. The aura is also whack.

Le sigh

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Well It seems after a day of getting outvoted by Bluer Saiyan, the original takes the lead.

Super Saiyan:19
SSJ God Gogeta
OmegaRockman
Quebaz
fadeddreams5
Bullza
Beerus-sama
Demon of Light
FortuneSSJ
ThatGuyNamedChancey
shinmaru
Kaboom
TheRed259
Scott
dbzfan7
Kuwabara
Low Tone G
Appūru-sama
Avery
TheGmGoken
Bluper Saiyan (SSGSS):17
Doctor.
dbgtFO
SansrivaaL
Baggie_Saiyan
Chuquita
Makai
Darkblade1995
Sora Saiyan
Zephyr
KameRule
Lord Beerus
SSJ Electric Fury
Herms
TheAldella
dae428
supercat
TheKingOfKamehamehas
Perfectly split:1
TheDevilsCorpse
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Definitely the original Super Saiyan. The Blueper Saiyan "transformation" is super unoriginal, laziness at its finest.
Rocketman wrote:Deep inside, you all know the true answer:

Y'know, if the Super Saiyan God looked similar to that, I'd take it. Just have his hair stick up and sharpen up and have his veins visible through his arms and his forehead.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 am

Gotta go for gold here. While I understand that they are basically the same thing just powered differently, I can't quite take bluper cyan seriously when I burst out into giggle fits every few seconds while it's on screen.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:05 pm

For Goku both for Vegeta regular.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:27 pm

It's the same thing just in a different color, but if I had to pick between the two then I'd say SSGSS.

Weedity

Post by Weedity » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:10 pm

I'm gonna have to go with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan on this one! I absolutely love both transformations, but the blue just looks so fresh and nice looking! Majestic even!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Weedity wrote:I'm gonna have to go with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan on this one! I absolutely love both transformations, but the blue just looks so fresh and nice looking! Majestic even!

That's fan art!
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Weedity

Post by Weedity » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:22 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Weedity wrote:I'm gonna have to go with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan on this one! I absolutely love both transformations, but the blue just looks so fresh and nice looking! Majestic even!

That's fan art!
Haha yes it is, but I always liked that picture of him! My opinion still stands!

Even in Xenoverse it looks great!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:33 pm

I will go with SSGSS. But this is because its the newest form and looks fresh to me, though I'm really used to SS, which is still AMAZING to me.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:10 pm

I like both forms, and I'll always love Super Saiyan because it's the original, but I think I have to go with SSGSS. It's fresh, new, and exciting! I also just love that tint of blue, to be honest.

By the way, I love these poll threads! Keep 'em up! :thumbup:
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

PolatGuy92

Post by PolatGuy92 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:41 pm

Both are awesome but I think eventually I will go for the baby blue bluper Saiyan :P

The only downsight for me about the form is the eyes. I wish they where somehow different maybe the size of the eyes like Super Saiyan God has or different eye colour maybe just the standard green teal green colour that Super Saiyan has. Now almost everything about the form is blue: the hair, the aura and the eyes don't like that. :problem:

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:42 pm

I know that the ssj has been a trademark for the franchise for so long, but blue is my favorite color and i think it just looks cooler :p
Last edited by Dbzejo on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.