"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:56 am

dbgtFO wrote:All they need to do is put the Dragon Balls in RoSaT for a day and then they are as good as new.
Don't they turn to stone though, making them impossible to find with the dragon radar? I guess the Z fighters could try and catch them as they're flying away after the wish is made.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:59 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:All they need to do is put the Dragon Balls in RoSaT for a day and then they are as good as new.
Don't they turn to stone though, making them impossible to find with the dragon radar? I guess the Z fighters could try and catch them as they're flying away after the wish is made.
Yeah, it shouldn't be that difficult to put up a shield around the Dragon Balls before they disperse or as you say have the Z-fighters catch them(and really if Goku could catch one back in the RRA Arc, obviously a much faster Goku in the Buu Arc should be capable of catching each and every one of them without breaking a sweat).

I also don't see why Dende couldn't just reactivate them at any point.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:22 am

Here are some screen caps of episode 2

http://imgur.com/a/Kig62

http://imgur.com/a/8XNgU

I didn't make ones for shots we've already seen.
Last edited by UpFromTheSkies on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:26 am

Vegeta! This has to be one of the greatest things I have ever seen.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:30 am

Cetra wrote:Vegeta! This has to be one of the greatest things I have ever seen.
I added more photos of him, for some reason they didn't get uploaded to the first album

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 am

For me the icing on the cake would be if they reintroduced animal people in the Earthling population... but there's zero chance this will happen...

Still, Super has been AMAZING so far even though we already know the story.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:03 am

GokuRules987 wrote:Man I almost had a heart attack when i saw Goku struggling against that tree trunk in the beggining, but i guess he was thinking about something since he had no problem ripping it off with one hand and the roots.
Dont give screw attack any ideas on their next goku vs superman battle XD
Actually screw attack have a lot of rethinking to do for their so call rematch after this episode thanks to Beerus's little "destroy half a planet with a tap of my finger" trick.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:16 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:Man I almost had a heart attack when i saw Goku struggling against that tree trunk in the beggining, but i guess he was thinking about something since he had no problem ripping it off with one hand and the roots.
Actually screw attack have a lot of rethinking to do for their so call rematch after this episode thanks to Beerus's little "destroy half a planet with a tap of my finger" trick.
The question is whether they're even aware of the events of Super yet, and if they are made aware, whether they'll have time to adjust anything to account for it.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:34 am

That was an awesome first episode of Dbs. I have high hopes for the series.
Hi

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38 am

Captain Space wrote:
Lord Freeza wrote:
The question is whether they're even aware of the events of Super yet, and if they are made aware, whether they'll have time to adjust anything to account for it.
Well they really have picked the worst time to pull a rematch. They are using SSG Goku for their video but up until now Beerus had no real feats other then owning everyone in one or two hits. Thats not exactly a good stick to measure super saiyan god's power by. With that single action Beerus has just changed everything they thought they new about Goku's strength. If they dont hold back and take this into account then any data they have will be wrong. Plus who knows whats going to be happening once we reach the Universe 6 arc or how strong Gokus going to become.

Also I'm not rip on GT when I say this but Beerus just did that yet Baby cant even put a dent in earth with his Super Galick Gun.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:46 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Cetra wrote:Vegeta! This has to be one of the greatest things I have ever seen.
I added more photos of him, for some reason they didn't get uploaded to the first album
Can you Screen Cap more stuff from the episode itself? (Not preview)
Your quality is amazing!

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:48 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Well they really have picked the worst time to pull a rematch. They are using SSG Goku for their video but up until now Beerus had no real feats other then owning everyone in one or two hits. Thats not exactly a good stick to measure super saiyan god's power by. With that single action Beerus has just changed everything they thought they new about Goku's strength. If they dont hold back and take this into account then any data they have will be wrong. Plus who knows whats going to be happening once we reach the Universe 6 arc or how strong Gokus going to become.

Also I'm not rip on GT when I say this but Beerus just did that yet Baby cant even put a dent in earth with his Super Galick Gun.
Yeah, considering that I don't even know if they're going to account for RF, plus Super is now ongoing...bad time to do the rematch for sure.

Considering how easy planet-busting has been since the Frieza saga, pretty sure Baby could've destroyed the planet had he wanted to. He didn't direct his power through a large enough area though, because his target was man-sized.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:36 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Captain Space wrote: Also I'm not rip on GT when I say this but Beerus just did that yet Baby cant even put a dent in earth with his Super Galick Gun.
You know that Baby purposely did that to torture Goku? Those characters can controls their powers.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:38 am

Oh, was Baby aiming at the planet and not Goku? If so, my bad. Refer to the person above.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:48 am

Sorry, it was meant as a quote of the other user, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWDp4sSTXM

1 hour and 10 minutes.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:49 am

*clicks on Super thread*

*sees GT discussion*

Eww...

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:52 am

Marco Polo wrote:*clicks on Super thread*

*sees GT discussion*

Eww...
The moment when Toei Animation decides to make a direct connection to GT - I will be here for the reactions.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:10 pm

A lot of my worries are gone, first episode was great!
Since we know now that Gohan and Videl aren't married yet I am sticking to my theory that Beerus crashes their wedding instead of Bulma's birthday.

ONWARD TO EPISODE 2!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Cetra wrote:
Lord Freeza wrote:
Captain Space wrote: Also I'm not rip on GT when I say this but Beerus just did that yet Baby cant even put a dent in earth with his Super Galick Gun.
You know that Baby purposely did that to torture Goku? Those characters can controls their powers.
Ok this isent really the place for a big GT talk so I'll keep this short.

I thought Baby was trying to torture Goku by destroying earth but didnt charge his attack long enough. If that the case then I find it funny because back in the day people where destroying earth's moon completely and they had less the 1% of Baby's power.

I should point out that I'm not a GT hater their is stuff I like about it. Here my biggest GT sin. My favorite original villain from that series is Qi Xing Long the seven start mole dragon. Dont ask me why but I just really like the character. While I called myself Lord Frieza (I was going threw a phase because RoF) I can honestly now say that Qi Xing Long is my favorite DB anything villain.

Oh boy I'm am going to get flamed so bad for admitting that

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:22 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Since we know now that Gohan and Videl aren't married yet I am sticking to my theory that Beerus crashes their wedding instead of Bulma's birthday.
But they are married. There's no wedding to crash.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs