Wiki: Page Template Discussion - Video Games

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Re: Wiki: Page Template Discussion - Video Games

Post by jrdemr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Perhaps a section dedicated to the soundtrack would be useful. It could contain information such as:

.The composer
.Information about the CD/digital release (if applicable)
.Differences between the Japanese and the international editions (if applicable)
.If it was subject to a replacement at some point
.Special collaborations (such as in the case of Budokai 2)
.Miscellaneous information (e.g. the fact that the first Budokai has a special Cha-la Head-cha-la instrumental as its ending theme)

It could also contain a subsection dedicated entirely to any theme songs the game might have, including the same kind of info as the main soundtrack section, just dedicated exclusively to the theme songs.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Re: Wiki: Page Template Discussion - Video Games

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:26 pm

Hujio wrote:I have another intriguing question that I'd love to get some feedback on, since I don't think there's ever been a consensus. When referring to a Japanese video game on the wiki, how should we actually refer to it? By its romanized name, translated name, or fan name?

As an example...
Romanized: Sūpā Butōden Tsū
Translated: Super Martial Arts Legend 2
Fan: Super Butōden 2
I think writing "Sūpā" and "Tsū" is a bit redundant considering that they're already English words. So, Super Butōden 2 works just fine as it leaves the English in English and the Japanese in Japanese. And besides, they write the '2' as "2", so writing it as "Tsū" becomes extra silly. "Fan name" would be more like "Legends", or maybe even the "Butouden" spelling. Eh, probably not that last one...but I suppose it's worth at least having a redirect from, of course.