Home release of Buu Saga - Will you be getting it?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Home release of Buu Saga - Will you be getting it?

Post by coola » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Me personally? No, green tint, 16:9, even more filler tnan Japanese cut, filler that contradict story (Goz and Mez saying they met Goku) make me believe, that there was no effort put into this, beside voice actors. i've got Part 1-4 and I'm happy with them, but i won't be getting this
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

sintzu
Banned

Re: Home release of Buu Saga - Will you be getting it?

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Yes because I don't mind the tint or the 16:9 and the voice acting will be 100 times better then Z plus we're getting nearly 10 hours worth of material cut so overall even though it isn't perfect it's still better then it's Z counterpart.

Based on what I've read here the extra filler helps the story flow better.
coola wrote:filler that contradict story (Goz and Mez saying they met Goku)
Us not seeing it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkblade1995 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:13 pm

I absolutely will. Yes there is a green tint but it's not that bad. Yes it will be 16:9, but the cropping is very well done, minus some scenes but hey DBZ was animated in 4:3 so you're bound to have some shots feeling a little cramped. And you still have 23 episodes worth of filler cut. I have seen some people say that since Kai only cuts 23 episodes, they will go back to Z, but I never understood this. You want a version that cuts filler, I get that, but then you notice that that particular version doesn't cut as much as you would've liked, so instead you back to the older version, which still has 23 episodes more of filler. 28 Episodes if you count the Otherworld filler arc that's on season 7 of Z. Kai still does it's job, just not as much as we would've liked, but at the end of the day, it still did what it was supposed to do.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:24 pm

Of course! Despite Kai's problems, I really want a consistently good dub for all of Z. Besides, better pacing is always nice.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:21 pm

100% I'll be getting it. A top notch dub, 23 episodes worth of filler have been removed - 25 if you skip the 2 fillers retained (101 & 165 which were simply not shown in the Japanese version).
The green tint has never bothered me, and I don't care about it. 16:9 is fine by me. I cannot wait for FUNi to announce this - I've had the money saved up for months now, I'm excited!.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:52 pm

I hope the US release is the same version as the Japanese, just because the main reason I watch Kai is because it's a hell of a lot faster and if we can get the version with 10 more episodes shaved off, I'll be happy. The quality is meh but Kai 1.0 was super smudgy anyway so part of me really doesn't care all that much how it looks. Funi's known for fucking with Dragon Ball footage every 2 seconds so maybe they can lower the green tint in-house. That probably wouldn't be all that cost effective though so I don't see why they would.
TLDR Probably.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:03 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:23 episodes worth of filler have been removed - 25 if you skip the 2 fillers retained (101 & 165 which were simply not shown in the Japanese version).
If you take into account the other world filler arc then that's 30 episodes which is 10 hours worth of content and if Super rewrites the ending then you can also take out another 2.

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:10 am

Of course, I'll buy it.Besides colors problems, it was fine to me...I mean, just remember what FUNi did with their Blu-rays !
Can't wait to hear the dub with an accurate script & improved acting, just like they did with Kai 1.0.
funrush wrote:I hope the US release is the same version as the Japanese, just because the main reason I watch Kai is because it's a hell of a lot faster and if we can get the version with 10 more episodes shaved off, I'll be happy.
I hope so.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:32 pm

ShinGaijin wrote:Of course, I'll buy it.Besides colors problems, it was fine to me...I mean, just remember what FUNi did with their Blu-rays !
Can't wait to hear the dub with an accurate script & improved acting, just like they did with Kai 1.0.
funrush wrote:I hope the US release is the same version as the Japanese, just because the main reason I watch Kai is because it's a hell of a lot faster and if we can get the version with 10 more episodes shaved off, I'll be happy.
I hope so.
As much as fans want the one that aired in japan that will never happen it was made for solely japan only. The one funimation and everyone else was provided was the international version otherwise everyother country would've gotten it too
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tobi555 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:05 am

Yes of course!!! :) kinda bugs me that Funimation has a sale on the blu ray's right now but won't release any info about buu to where I feel confident enough buying them all XD especially if buu is gonna be in 16:9 regardless anyways

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:23 am

For that FUNi dub, of course I'll get it.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:57 am

Tobi555 wrote:Yes of course!!! :) kinda bugs me that Funimation has a sale on the blu ray's right now but won't release any info about buu to where I feel confident enough buying them all XD especially if buu is gonna be in 16:9 regardless anyways
It's the best way to watch Z thanks to the new accurate well acted dub and the reduced episode count so you won't regret getting it.

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tobi555 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Yea I know I wanna get Kai I just don't know if I should get blu ray or dvd because if buu is only going to be 16:9 the jump in aspect ratio is going to be jarring which means the sale going on is meaningless to me XD

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:24 am

Tobi555 wrote:Yea I know I wanna get Kai I just don't know if I should get blu ray or dvd because if buu is only going to be 16:9 the jump in aspect ratio is going to be jarring which means the sale going on is meaningless to me XD
The jump in aspect ratio is gonna be jarring regardless of whether you buy the DVD or BD. The openings on the BDs look really nice, though, and they're currently cheaper than the DVDs due to the Funimation sale right now, so go ahead and go BD for Kai.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tobi555 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:35 am

oh ok thanks been wanting to get into kai but never did because it wasn't finished :)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:12 pm

I'd be getting it. Despite the issues, I much prefer the more streamlined version of the story of the Majin Boo arc. And of course, the excellent dub that Funimation will provide.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Hell no. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong with this product did.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:09 pm

I'll be getting it for the newer dub as well as for completion's sake, but at this point my hype for it is pretty low. And pretty easy to say that, if I were to have to choose between a set of it and a set of Super should they ever come out on the same day, that I'd go for Super with ease.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:14 pm

If I want to complete my series collection I have no choice but to sadly. Whatever though, never was to fond of the Buu Saga so I'll live.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Of course but I will wait for the seasons on Blu Ray.