Akira Toriyama watched Goku vs Superman 2 battle?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheBritWriter
Banned

Re: Akira Toriyama watched Goku vs Superman 2 battle?

Post by TheBritWriter » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:12 pm

It's just an assumption no more then some assuming that Akira's multiverse addition was from dragonball multiverse, which it wasn't, not only does Japan love the multiverse concept more then western media but Akira got where is now by being committed to his work, and chances are he is still working like mad. People like him don't waste their times distracted by social media like youtube, some use twitter of course but chances are it's their team speaking on the person's behalf. Akira is a committed artist, and the last time he saw a media adaption (Evolution) it wasn't to his taste (understatement) Also some people are reluctant to research their own works amongst fan community. R.D. Wingfield author Touch of Frost (made famous by the TV series starring david Jason) never watched the show or looked for feedback as he didn't want his ideas to sway.

What am saying is Akira is too work tied and currently in a entirely different social circle that most of us are in, to even care about this video, if he even knows about it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:40 am

TheBritWriter wrote:It's just an assumption no more then some assuming that Akira's multiverse addition was from dragonball multiverse, which it wasn't, not only does Japan love the multiverse concept more then western media
I'm not sure about that. The history of the concept goes back a long way.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:06 pm

:wtf:

Does Akira Triana even speak or understand English?

I highly doubt he cares in the first place he has better things to do than watch random videos on the Internet

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:Does Akira Triana even speak or understand English?
We know he has at least an extremely basic familiarity with English, enough to name the series "Dragon Ball" and use various other random English phrases throughout the series (learning English is pushed quite heavily in Japan). But nothing we know indicates his English is good enough for him to follow along with a video like this.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:19 pm

I've heard he watched it and was so outraged that he sold all of his belongings so that he could pay off the movie studio behind Batman V Superman so that he could change the ending. Now at the end of the movie Superman will be fighting Thanos (who has the infinity gauntlet) but as soon as the fight starts Goku (played by Akira Toriyama) will fly in, and kill them both with a dramatic swing of his hair. Then he beats Batman in a game of chess (in 2 moves), cures all disease and solves world hunger. The credits roll and all they say is "Death Battle was wrong".

Then again maybe he hasn't seen it, or doesn't care.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Why would he even want to when there's just so many AMV's of Broly fighting people to low quality rips of nu-metal songs he could watch instead??
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

swimtrunks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by swimtrunks » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:40 am

I know for a fact Toriyama has an account here on kanzenshuu. He's the one always trolling GT fans. :shh:

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:37 am

dario03 wrote:I've heard he watched it and was so outraged that he sold all of his belongings so that he could pay off the movie studio behind Batman V Superman so that he could change the ending. Now at the end of the movie Superman will be fighting Thanos (who has the infinity gauntlet) but as soon as the fight starts Goku (played by Akira Toriyama) will fly in, and kill them both with a dramatic swing of his hair. Then he beats Batman in a game of chess (in 2 moves), cures all disease and solves world hunger. The credits roll and all they say is "Death Battle was wrong".
That sounds absolutely ludicrous!
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.