What do you hope not to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: What do you hope not to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:41 pm

Ushabtis wrote:maybe different levels of gods perhaps? I don't know, when ever I think about the new "super dragonballs" I really can't think of anything that'd make them super...Earth/Namekian DBs already do crazy stuff. not sure what can top bringing back billions of people at a time and bring planets back multiple times.
I'm not sure what the "super" dragon balls can do that the GT balls couldn't. Any limitation the Earth and Namekian DBs had were not present with the black-star balls, so these ones would just be a rehash, no?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:- The death of Beerus and Whis
This would suck so much. Beerus and Whis are such unique and orignal characters and have added so much to the Dragon Ball universe that to kill them off at this stage would be a travesty.
I see some people want them to be killed off so that they have Super connect to GT closer. Same with Goku and Vegeta losing their god powers. Beerus and Whis have a lot of personality to them and are very likeable. Not to mention it would feel pointless to have Goku and Vegeta to get godly powers and throw them out at the end of the day.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:41 pm

I don't think you have to kill Beerus and Whis, Beerus can conveniently just go to sleep for a decade or two, and Whis can decide not to show up if Beerus is having a nap and is done training Goku and Vegeta.

Goku and Vegeta's power levels are more problematic, but seriously, the powerlevels in GT seem to be all over the place. Kid Goku and Trunks in SSJ form are foiled by random enemies too often for it to be plausible. You could say something like Kid Goku can't go into SSG by virtue of being deaged. Vegeta is more of an issue, especially during the Dragons saga (Bebi might not have been able to channel SSG, I don't recally what Vegeta was doing during SA17) -- but you can always just say it made more sense for Vegeta to use SSJ4 so he could fuse with Goku.

There will likely be more glaring inconsistencies than powerlevels or whether certain characters show up or not as we go along, so I don't think there is any reason to make them lose powers or kill off characters just for the sake of GT. GT can stand on its own merits.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:25 pm

Well won't have Beerus and Whis notice the Shadow Dragons since Yi Xing Long going to destroy the whole universe with a negative ki chain reaction and Beerus would not be happy to find out someone is going to destroy all of the Planets before he does. Also Freeza's new form also creates inconsistencies since he would have no reason not use it in Hell and there's no proof that his form is a one time only thing.

I feel like Super should tell a good story and should not worry about overwriting GT. I would find it pointess if they ditch the god forms, kill off Beerus, Whis and Jaco just to tie in with a show that is hardly relevant (The show's target audience probably most likely never seen GT). GT is still apart of the franchise, so is the other movies and the show and manga ignores those. So how come it's okay to ignore DBZ Movies 1-13, but when they try to ignore GT then people start to get pissy about it? I view GT no different then the older films are which where just AU stories made to cash in on the show.
She/Her

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:27 pm

Super/BoG/RoF don't fit with GT as it stands, it could change, but for now it just doesn't. The power is the part that doesn't fit at all really, along with SSJGSSJ, Kid Pilaf gang, Freeza, Toriyamas hell and Gohan quitting training, again, but mainly the power:P. After the God power up we have a base Goku who is, IMO, massively above Vegetto. GT wouldn't work with the ridiculous levels of power shown in BoG as all the early enemies would be finger flick material. The God power just isn't present in GT since it didn't exist.

Instead of having to make up a lot of possibilities for why GT could fit with Super I'd rather just say for the time being it really doesn't fit.

I agree with what Hellspawn28 said really.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:31 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Ushabtis wrote:maybe different levels of gods perhaps? I don't know, when ever I think about the new "super dragonballs" I really can't think of anything that'd make them super...Earth/Namekian DBs already do crazy stuff. not sure what can top bringing back billions of people at a time and bring planets back multiple times.
I'm not sure what the "super" dragon balls can do that the GT balls couldn't. Any limitation the Earth and Namekian DBs had were not present with the black-star balls, so these ones would just be a rehash, no?
I wonder what kind of dragon/monster will appear from the Superballs? And what if Super version of Freeza doesn't die. Instead, he joins the quest for the SuperBalls. And while doing so he is struggling and fighting to survive in Universe 6. and at the same time working on his Golden form.

Would be fun to see that happen :D

iop890
Not-So-Newbie

Post by iop890 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:30 pm

I don't want the other universes to be "alternate" universes. By that I mean I don't want alternate versions or Saiyans/Namekians, and definitely no alternate versions of existing characters. That's why I'm hoping the Super Dragon Balls aren't made by universe 6 Namekians.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:39 pm

I still don't want too much filler episodes. I feel like that they should wrap up the retelling of BOG and ROF as quick as possible. We all seen the new movies and we know what happens. I think the only thing that they can do with ROF different is show Freeza training, show Vegeta become a SSjG and have a few new fighters to join against Freeza like Gotenks, Kibitoshin, Yamcha and maybe Fat Buu.
She/Her

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:11 pm

I hope not to see Super's version of F being little different from the movie version. I pray the reason the film is such a mess and devoid of substance is that they decided half-way through that they'd make a series right after it. There's so many lose straws of the film that they can neatly expand on,

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:33 pm

The reason the film is a "mess" is because that's the script Toriyama wrote for it after people complained about Battle of Gods not having enough action. We have said script reprinted in Volume F and the film sticks extremely close to it (other than some fight details). Seeing how the script would be one of the first things finished for the film, I don't think you can blame anything about Resurrection F's level of substance on Super.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:06 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I have to agree with not wanting female SSJs. Not for anti-feminist reasons though. lol.

I just think there's already an oversaturation of SSJs. This is wishful thinking, but wouldn't everyone rather Bra inherit the IQ of her mother instead of the fighting prowess of her father? She can be strong, but not a fighter. I envision her being redesigned into a chibi-like figure like, err, Chibi Chibi from Sailor Moon, and inventing stuff all the time. It's cute. A grown up Bra can be more like Winry from FMA than that..."teenager" from GT...

As for Pan, why bother with a SSJ transformation when she can inherit something greater: the mystic powers and rage boost of her father.

Oh wait...what mystic powers? -_-

I'm sorry, I love you faded dreams but WHAT? I know its annoying to have new super saiyan characters, but why no Female SS from already established female characters? I mean, I'm a guy and all, but its pretty nasty to leave out people like that.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:13 pm

-female super saiyan
well...the only chances we have is Bra and Pan. Bra would be half saiyan so thats cool in my book. lots of half saiyans can do it. But pan would be 1/4th saiyan. at this point its getting silly that she gets the same power ups. I hated it when Trunks and Goten were able to go super saiyan so easily yet seeing pan do it too would be dumber imo.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:54 am

I'm worried they'll ditch the "desu" scene next week. I hope they don't. I love the "desu" scene. I don't want to see them cut that scene.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:13 am

I don't see why they would -- Super is going for lots of cute character moments. Plus, the episode preview didn't give us any scenes of a B-plot, so they have to do more than fight for 20 minutes in Kaiou's planet, presumably.