Resurrection F Box Office - $64.8 million Worldwide

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $51.63 million Worldwide

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Holy crap. The film has made $1,967,626 on its first day in the U.S. according to http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa ... ionoff.htm making it the 6th highest grossing film of the 4th of August. It's behind Pixels... Fuck that movie.
For comparisons sake, BOG made $1,072,600 in its first day. So it's a good increase overall.

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $51.63 million Worldwide

Post by Bullza » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Oh it's up now is it? That's a bit less than the estimates I saw but a $1.97 million is really good. It's even more than what BoG did in 2 days and is also a better theatre average than the opening day of BoG too ($2,200 vs $1,550).

I would have been pleased with $1.5 million really. At this point $4 million should happen and it could make more than $5 million.

BoG dropped 19.3% on it's second day, if RoF dropped the same it'd make $1.59 million on Wednesday but I'll assume it'll drop more so I'm hoping for anything over $1.4 million.

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F- $53.6 million Worldwide - Good start in

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:50 am

"“DRAGON BALL Z: RESURRECTION ‘F’” BOOKS RECORD BOX OFFICE OPENING

Limited Theatrical Event Ranks First in Average Per Screen Among Top 10 on Tuesday and Sixth Place Overall....(click the spoiler tag to see the rest of the article)
Wednesday estimate - $1.5 million

That would put the movie over $55 million worldwide and $3.4-3.5 million in US if accurate.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:20 am

Wow, it's done really well. I was actually a bit worried about the money it would make, but it's doin better than I expected. :) Oh, and by today it will be shown in 1000 theatres with the inclusion of Canada? If I'm reading it correctly it sounds promising.

HEDGESMFG

Post by HEDGESMFG » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Hopefully the movie does exactly what Sean Schemmel hoped it would do and smash the box office numbers of Evolution. We're already close to surpassing it.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Very glad to see how well it's doing.

Hopefully it can be enough for FUNi to take a risk on some subtitled screenings next time.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:21 pm

"In an impressive limited release debut, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' eased 19 percent from an already strong opening Tuesday to $1.6 million on Wednesday. With $3.57 million earned in two days from the pic's special engagement run, the anime release is performing well ahead of expectations."

Very good. It did better than estimates today. It actually moved up a place to #5 too.

It's also outgrossed Battle of Gods entire US run by a considerable amount in just 2 days as well.

Worldwide it now stands at $55.2 million.

Edit: And it's moved up to the 18th highest grossing anime movie ever now passing One Piece Strong World.

Now last time around BoG also dropped 19% on it's second day but then on it's third day it dropped 79% so best to expect tomorrow it won't gross anywhere near as much as it did the last couple days. It might not be the same but safe to assume it will.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Bullza wrote:"In an impressive limited release debut, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' eased 19 percent from an already strong opening Tuesday to $1.6 million on Wednesday. With $3.57 million earned in two days from the pic's special engagement run, the anime release is performing well ahead of expectations."

Very good. It did better than estimates today. It actually moved up a place to #5 too.

It's also outgrossed Battle of Gods entire US run by a considerable amount in just 2 days as well.

Worldwide it now stands at $55.2 million.

Edit: And it's moved up to the 18th highest grossing anime movie ever now passing One Piece Strong World.

Now last time around BoG also dropped 19% on it's second day but then on it's third day it dropped 79% so best to expect tomorrow it won't gross anywhere near as much as it did the last couple days. It might not be the same but safe to assume it will.
That's very good and well deserved.

How much do you think it'll make overall when it's done showing in theaters worldwide ? could it make over 60 million ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Resurrection F- $55.2 million Worldwide - Good start in

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Predictable, just like always. There's a lot of hate in the beginning and then when the time comes, everyone gives their money.

A lot of fans back then :
- Freeza is back?! WTF should be Broly. (Broly already had 3 movies)
- Krillin is a police?! WTF is Toriyama doing?!
- Gohan turning ssj?! What a plothole. He can't.
- Goku has blue hair now?! Pathetic. I refuse to watch this movie.

-Movie gets released-
Funimation : We're proud to announce a record breaking opening night for the theatrical release of “Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’.” :lol: :lol:

Funny things aside, all this success is deserved. Toei did a better job this time when it comes to character models and animation, so I'm happy for them that this pays off.
And thus, I shall expect a third movie even better in that department.
Bullza wrote: The film is a limited event-style theatrical release which includes a specially-produced 15-minute, Dragon Ball Z themed pre-show to create a unique experience for fans that can only be found in theaters.
By the way, what's this 15 minutes about?!
MagicBox wrote: Hopefully it can be enough for FUNi to take a risk on some subtitled screenings next time.
Before that happening, a lot of people have to open their minds.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Do you think at the current pace the movie is going in the US box office, it'll outgross DBE?

StrawHatPatriot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by StrawHatPatriot » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:00 pm

I tried going to the theaters to watch it yesterday, but I, and several others, couldn't watch it because it was sold out.

I was stunned, but kinda happy too. It shows that Dragon Ball is still very popular.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:14 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Bullza wrote: The film is a limited event-style theatrical release which includes a specially-produced 15-minute, Dragon Ball Z themed pre-show to create a unique experience for fans that can only be found in theaters.
By the way, what's this 15 minutes about?!
From what I can tell just a bunch of trivia questions and cast interviews about the movie.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:28 pm

How much do you think it'll make overall when it's done showing in theaters worldwide ? could it make over 60 million ?
It's too awkward to guess what it's going to end up making without knowing exactly what other countries it's going to be shown in. It's been released in about 30 countries of a supposed 70 countries so there's a lot of room to potentially grow.

I'm confident it'll surpass $60 million though.
Do you think at the current pace the movie is going in the US box office, it'll outgross DBE?
You mean worldwide? If so then it's easily gonna outgross that. It needs another $2.31 million. It's just a question of whether it can pass it between the remainder of the US gross and the Australia and New Zealand gross.

If it doesnt collapse like BoG did where it had 2 good days then crashed then it will.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Even with the good two day start, I can't imagine RoF making more in North America than DBE. Even though DBE made a measly $9 domestically, I don't think RoF can out gross it considering that it's having such a limited theatrical run.

Oh and speaking of DBE, it looks like 20th Century Fox has another failure on their hands with the Fantastic Four reboot...

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Bullza wrote: Now last time around BoG also dropped 19% on it's second day but then on it's third day it dropped 79% so best to expect tomorrow it won't gross anywhere near as much as it did the last couple days. It might not be the same but safe to assume it will.
It dropped 79% on Thursday because Funimation cut down the screen count by 60%:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa ... lz2014.htm

Normally, even limited (less than 1000 screens) runs don't perform like this on Thursdays. F could clear 10 million if it stayed in current release till Sunday

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Resurrection F- $55.15 million Worldwide - Good start in

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:02 pm

It's pretty impressive that the movie's already surpassed Battle of Gods in the states. I'm assuming the popularity of Xenoverse had something to do with it?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Surpassed BoG already by a fine margin too! That's crazy! I guess it really isn't at all surprising seeing everything this movie did beforehand coupled with an overwhelmingly strong word of mouth I think we can do it guys, we can surpass DBE! :P
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:06 pm

WittyUsername wrote:It's pretty impressive that the movie's already surpassed Battle of Gods in the states. I'm assuming the popularity of Xenoverse had something to do with it?
It think it's more due to the fact that the movie got much more mainstream marketing than BOG did.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Possible that Dragonball Super played a factor in it as well?