If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJsambosoldier

If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by SSJsambosoldier » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:33 pm

we all know GT is heavily flawed and to many fans non canon but if you were to reintroduce and remake a villain or arc from the series into Dragon Ball Super, who or which should it be?

I think Bebi Vegeta was the most unique villain and had the best arc. Would be cool to see that remade to fit into the God Saga of Dragon Ball Super

h0kuten
Banned

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by h0kuten » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Majoob

He is probably the most creative and best concept. They could count it as his transition to SSJG tier.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:37 pm

h0kuten wrote:Majoob. He is probably the most creative and best concept.
I'm agreeing with this one. Majoob was underused in GT, which is a shame.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:44 pm

Yeah, Super Oob is a cool concept. I would however prefer a different design. I like him wearing his blue Goku-esque gi.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Oob was hyped up to be the next best thing, then he gets kicked to the curb like everyone else, lmao!

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Cell with Goku absorbed would be nice. I think I need to start some sort of a campaign to raise Cell awareness and get more people on the track to perfection.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:47 pm

Bringing back another old major villain with some new hax power up wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. I like your idea, but the whole brining back old villains instead of making new ones is getting old in my honest opinion.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:49 pm

h0kuten wrote:Majoob

He is probably the most creative and best concept. They could count it as his transition to SSJG tier.
No I don't want Mr. Buu to die :(

~

Can't think of any character. Maaaaaaaaybe Nuova Shenron.

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:57 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Bringing back another old major villain with some new hax power up wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. I like your idea, but the whole brining back old villains instead of making new ones is getting old in my honest opinion.
Here's the thing though. Nobody says he has to be a bad guy. We got four main villains in Z. Two of them turn good. One of them comes back from Taco Bell at god level. The last one is left to bitching in commercials about why he's not in anything. Now Dragon Ball Online had this great idea to make Cell-X, but that's not the Cell we all know. Let's have him be that amoral, apathetic character that causes mischief. Or maybe, like how Vegetto would possibly forget Boohan killed everyone or absorbed anyone and file notarized friendship documents, Cell and Goku can have a new dynamic; except Cell doesn't really like Goku and kicks him while he's down. The possibilities are endless. It could be like in Xenoverse how he's a mentor with the strongest Kamehameha in the game. Perhaps he's stronger than most everyone and decides to dedicate his time to drawing quality animation. There's an idea. Make him the narrator that also draws the show. Wakamoto making sarcastic quips about the cast, who can also hear him.

I've always entertained the idea that it'd be neat if Super Perfect Cell sparred weakened Gohan, realizing his potential and told them he'd return at a later date, stronger than ever, so they better be too. He comes back sometime during the Boo saga, expecting another tournament, but bam, Boo's there. Team up+betrayal, who knows.

Show him some love like he's Bernie Mac.

iop890
Not-So-Newbie

Post by iop890 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:22 pm

h0kuten wrote:Majoob

This. Oob didn't get as much love as he was set up to get during EoZ, and I thought Majoob was a cool concept. The reincarnated Pure Boo absorbing Mr. Boo to get his Majin magic-ness back.

At least bringing Majoob back would get something done with Mr. Boo, right now it looks like he's set up to be nothing but comic relief in Super.
Sayo-chan wrote: I think I need to start some sort of a campaign to raise Cell awareness and get more people on the track to perfection.
Also this. Cell was a great character, and he is the only major villain that was just ignored after his death.
Vegeta's a Z-fighter now and consistently made the second strongest character.
Freeza was resurrected and is getting an entire new arc in Super in addition to his movie.
Buu not only split into a good form, but his evil part was reincarnated, and EoZ showed Goku passing the torch to him(we'll see how that ends in Super, that damn torch never stays passed).

Cell needs some love. Hell, I'd even take the current time-line's Cell that was allegedly destroyed in Gero's lab. Imagine if the supercomputer continued gathering DNA throughout the rest of the series and part of Super.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Vegeta's mustache.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Baby was one of the only good things about GT. He might be too good for the new stuff, though.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:33 pm

iop890 wrote: Also this. Cell was a great character, and he is the only major villain that was just ignored after his death.
Vegeta's a Z-fighter now and consistently made the second strongest character.
Freeza was resurrected and is getting an entire new arc in Super in addition to his movie.
Buu not only split into a good form, but his evil part was reincarnated, and EoZ showed Goku passing the torch to him(we'll see how that ends in Super, that damn torch never stays passed).

Cell needs some love. Hell, I'd even take the current time-line's Cell that was allegedly destroyed in Gero's lab. Imagine if the supercomputer continued gathering DNA throughout the rest of the series and part of Super.
Cell with the cells of Boo, Beerus and Whis and maybe even Dabra? What a fucking monster he'd be. This needs to happen.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Baby and the Shadow Dragons. One of my universal faults with Dragon Ball is that the characters horrendous decision making always causes so much trouble and usually death that could've been avoided if they just stopped to think for a second but they never really get punished for it in any meaningful way. Having a villain show up who's a byproduct of the Saiyan rampages and another whole group of villains who are a byproduct of the heroes patchwork jobs with the DBs would be great to see at least thematically carry over into Super.

No chance in frozen hell of that happening with Toriyama so involved in this though.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Majoob and The Shadow Dragons.

Awesome concepts totally wasted in GT.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:45 pm

I would just keep SSJ4 design. Different name (since it's Oozaru progression line anyway) and perhaps different transformation requirements rather inconsequential how a brown Ozaru that calms down = calm brown Oozaru yet a Golden Oozaru that calms down = SSJ4??? Not to mention the ability to cheat-out. But it was a great design that fit the lore perfectly. Million times better than SSJG and SSSDJFHFSUFKSFSS

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:22 pm

always like the whole General Rildo, Super powerful space empire building robots trying to control the universe. and Baby/Bebi thing was cool I liked the idea of the tuffles coming back from the grave to exact revenge against the living saiyans.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:24 pm

No one. I really don't want to see anyone from GT in Super, the style of the show is too different, and it will create a mess out of already chaotic continuity, or whatever it is now. If they want to make spin-off, continuation or etc of GT, then fine. But let Super being its own thing.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:26 pm

None of the villains particularly appeal to me (virtually nothing appeals to me in GT, but oh well), but if I had to pick one I'd go with Super 17, simply because it would be nice to have #17 be "used" again; he was first introduced as a major villain along with #18, and after the Jinzouningen and Cell arcs she stuck with the gang throughout the Majin Buu arc and the events that took place after that. I'd like to see the same done with #17. The problem would be to generate a way in which ANOTHER #17 would be created, or how Super 17 would be created at all in some other way.

From the good guys, Gogeta. Not in his Super Saiya-jin 4 form, obviously, as the very concept of Super Saiya-jin 4 generates all sorts of plot-holes and inconsistencies with the Super Saiya-jin God and Super Saiya-jin God Super Saiya-jin stages - the only thing I like about SSJ4 is how it looks, apart from it it's an entire can of worms from all possible angles. Achieving Gogeta would bring back the fusion technique to DBSuper, although I prefer his counterpart Vegitto, with the Potara method of fusion.

These are just exercises of wishful thinking, none of this has any chance of becoming true in DBSuper, of course, but it's a nice and interesting thing to debate.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:52 pm

I actually like most of the concepts and characters in GT. But they're so specific to it I think it might feel jarring to see them lifted wholesale.

I want to throw in my support for the mischief-causing "good-guy" Cell mentioned above though. That's one I've considered a few times. Like Vegeta, his only real goal is to prove he's the best. Unlike the main cast, he's completely amoral/evil. But if he were kept in-check power-wise, that'd actually be a hilarious dynamic.