Dragon Ball Fukkatsu no F - Super Edition

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Fukkatsu no F - Super Edition

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:52 am

SaiyanZ wrote: -Maybe a Future Trunks appearance?
Besides in flash backs, he has no reason to appear. It would be bad fan service if he show up out of nowhere just to help out. His story is done and over with. They also have no way on contacting him anyways.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:25 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
SaiyanZ wrote: -Maybe a Future Trunks appearance?
Besides in flash backs, he has no reason to appear. It would be bad fan service if he show up out of nowhere just to help out. His story is done and over with. They also have no way on contacting him anyways.
Very true. He also creates another timeline every time he takes a trip with the Time Machine, so I don't seem him coming back now that I think about it.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:55 am

SaiyanZ wrote:Very true. He also creates another timeline every time he takes a trip with the Time Machine, so I don't seem him coming back now that I think about it.
Not something you have to worry about if it's Time Patrol Trunks. Time Kaioshin has time machines that don't cause splits. =P
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:55 am

Personal wishlist:

- Like many others have already said; Yamcha, 18, Goten and Trunks bare minimum join the fight. Chiaotzu, 17 and Buu would be fun too but don't feel as glaring omissions as the other four. Chiaotzu can always just babysit Marron whilst her parents fight since he seems to be doing that thus far in Super anyway.
- Gohan getting momentarily killed by Freeza in order to save Goten and Trunks from Freeza's surprise assault rather than because he let's his guard down momentarily. Could fuel some character development for Goten too.
- Tagoma not to pointlessly die pre-Earth invasion. I know it's to show Freeza's ruthlessness, but c'mon we KNOW he's ruthless.
- Like others have said; a Ginyu Force style team could provide a good fight for Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and 18 whilst Piccolo gets double teamed by Tagoma and Shisami. Gohan, Goten and Trunks meanwhile face off with Freeza. Roshi and Jaco face the hordes of fodder.
- The humans all beat their Ginyu style opponents; Krillin, Yamcha and Tenshinhan use cunning and skill to out do them whilst 18 just proves how superior she is physically to anything in Freeza's previous power level range.
- Gohan finally realises he needs to train to protect the people he cares about again.
- Jaco to invite Krillin to join the Galactic Patrol after they take care of their opponents.
- A nice moment where Roshi tells his students how proud he is of them. Including Yamcha.
- When Freeza blows up the planet, everyone gets a moment about who they've lost; Chi-Chi, Ox King(Goku, Goten, Gohan) Videl, Satan, Pan(Gohan), Marron, 17(Krillin, 18), Dende, Popo(Piccolo), Puar(Yamcha), Chiaotzu, Launch(Tenshinhan) Oolong, Turtle(Roshi), Dr. Briefs, Mrs. Briefs(Bulma, Trunks) and depending on whether they kill him or not; Vegeta(Bulma, Trunks)
- Whis doesn't instantly fix everything at the end. The bubble can stay(otherwise; short series) but the time reversal doesn't, thus starting the next arc to restore the Earth and it's people.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:15 am

-I want to see Vegeta achieving God and both Goku and Vegeta achieving SSGSS
-I want a nice explanation for what SSGSS's deal is and a better name
-I want to see Freeza training
-More Jaco before he comes to Earth
-I want to see Goten and Trunks/Gotenks VS Abo and Kado/Akka during the big fight
-I want see Freeza toy with the fighters a bit more before Goku and Vegeta arrives
-I'd love it if Gohan doesn't use Super Saiyan and instead just stays Mystic/Ultimate the whole time and is strong enough that after a small fight Freeza has to transform into his second form before being able to take Gohan out (and I'd prefer if 2nd Form Freeza VS Gohan was a bit more than just one punch, but instead Freeza beating the crap out of Gohan)
-I want to see Golden Freeza last a little longer before his power starts to drain
-I'd like them to do something different with the ending, F's ending isn't very good, it really feels like a cop out.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:52 pm

I actually really liked the movie and don't want much "Changed" honestly. What I'd like tho are expansions. They have more time, so give us more info and screen time for stuff.

1: Expand and show us all the important things that happened off screen. Like Goku and Vegeta training. Vegeta getting SSG form, both of them learning about Blueper Saiyan, and especially Freeza's training.

2: Include everyone who SHOULD have been in the fight with the Freeza army such as 18, Goten, Trunks, Boo, etc. It made little sense to me that they'd let Krillin, Tenshinhan, and Kame-freaking-sen'in fight here and yet Goten and Trunks, who are probably as strong as, if not stronger than Gohan, got sidelined. Boo and 18 had excuses for not being in the fight, but they were flimsy. 18 could have easily dropped Maron off with Videl or Chichi for example. I don't see why they didn't have EVERY strong fighter at the front lines, especially since nobody knew if Goku and Vegeta would make it back in time.

3: Take this as an opportunity to rename Blueper Saiyan. We're lucky that the Movie never actually said the name of this form out loud, only in magazines and on merch has it been named thus far, so this is the perfect time for them to rename it in-universe.

4: Extend Jaco's introduction. This is his first appearance in-universe in an Animation. The movie obviously didn't have the time to devote to him, but since they're redoing this story, they now have plenty of time to go over it. Maybe even an episode before the main Freeza plot starts that flashes back and adapts the manga?

5: Give some of the other characters some bigger fights. Piccolo, Gohan, Gotenks (If they're included) and Jaco could all use an actual 1v1 fight with a major foe.

6: To that end, show more of what actually happened with Freeza's army before invading earth.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:19 pm

I see a lot of people saying that we should see how Vegeta got God-powers... I honestly disagree. Or at the very least, if they do show it, it should be after the revelation that he has the form. Simply because I feel like being explicitly shown ahead of time that he has the power makes it a lot less satisfying when he reveals it to Freeza. It's sort of similar to how I didn't really like how the extended cut of Return of the King outright showed that the army of ghosts accepted Aragorn's offer, and I found it a lot more satisfying when we only found this out when the ships arrive at Gondor and instead of a bunch of mercenaries, Aragorn leaps off the ship with an army of ghosts in tow. Granted it's not exactly the same here, as one can pretty much guess from the way Goku and Vegeta interact in the movie that they're equally strong at this point, but I actually really like how the movie only hints at the two of them being at the same level up till the point when Vegeta takes over the fight and BAM, I have the God-powered Super Saiyan form as well!

I do think we should be shown some of Freeza's training though. And I saw DemonRin just brought up a better introduction to Jaco... Actually, wouldn't it be kinda cool if Super actually devoted an episode or two to just telling us his story before the Freeza-arc begins? Or, maybe that would seem a bit too out-of-nowhere... But yeah. Make it clearer ahead of time who he is please. Not everyone read Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, especially outside of Japan.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm

I wish they keep Freeza alive a little longer and make him join the quest for the Super DragonBall.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:13 pm

shinmaru wrote:I wish they keep Freeza alive a little longer and make him join the quest for the Super DragonBall.
imo making frieza a good guy would one of the worst things that could happen in DBZ lore. but keeping him alive longer than 20 minutes would be nice.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 am

Champa could end up destroying Namek and allowing the Z fighters to go to U6 to get the Super Dragon Balls to wish back everything to normal.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:04 am

The Trunks timeline contradicts the 12 universe theory tbh.

Trunks saga meant that DB subscribes to multiverse theory, in which there are potentially an infinite number of parallel universes. That would mean 3/12 of these universes would be already accounted for, in Trunks/Cell Saga. 1 universe is "our" universe, another is Trunks', the last is the one where Cell came from. Furthermore, these multiverses would only be created at the instant Trunks decided to travel, so before Trunks timeline there would have been 9 universes. But in the series 12 seems a static number.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:23 am

Parallel universes are not the same as different universes. For example, time travel/many worlds quantum theory universes says for each decision tree, there is a different parallel universe. With Trunks going into the past, he created a new decision tree, thus a new parallel universe. These exist in different dimensions in time, but are essentially the same place.

That doesn't mean there aren't other universes that are a different "space" -- had their own big bang, and have completely different worlds and solar systems and maybe different physics and whatnot. I don't think DBS is going for "parallel universes" a la Cell Saga, but "different universes" a la theory 1 or 2 here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivers ... al_horizon

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:04 am

Yeah, it doesn't contradict anything. Unless Universe 6 was treated as just an "alternate timeline", similar to Trunks', which is NOT what this scenario was introduced for.
That means Universe 6 can have its own set of countless timelines too, and that's a different matter. The 12 Universes are 12 Universes.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:34 am

irreality wrote:Parallel universes are not the same as different universes. For example, time travel/many worlds quantum theory universes says for each decision tree, there is a different parallel universe. With Trunks going into the past, he created a new decision tree, thus a new parallel universe. These exist in different dimensions in time, but are essentially the same place.

That doesn't mean there aren't other universes that are a different "space" -- had their own big bang, and have completely different worlds and solar systems and maybe different physics and whatnot. I don't think DBS is going for "parallel universes" a la Cell Saga, but "different universes" a la theory 1 or 2 here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivers ... al_horizon
Yeah, basically the best way to think of it is that Trunks's timeline is a "split timeline" and not an separate Universe. We also don't know the extent of the timeline splits in the Dragon Ball Universe, it could be possible that there isn't a split for every decision, only splits caused by time travel, so ultimately each of the 12 Universes could possible contain only a handfull of timelines.

I think the biggest question is what timeline is considered the main timeline? Is it the timeline that goes up into the Buu arc and now Super? If so that would mean by traveling back in time Trunks turned his timeline, which was the main timeline at the time, into a split timeline. And if you travel to another Universe do you only travel to the main timeline of that Universe? So many questions that will probably not be answered because they probably didn't think about it, lol.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:05 am

ArchedThunder wrote:So many questions that will probably not be answered because they probably didn't think about it, lol.
Yup. Does time split include the entire Universe which means duplicated Deities and 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc Beerus? If no then why does Beerus/other Deities seem only inetersted in talking/interacting/influencing this particular timeline? Just another proof what a narrative minefield it is to tamper with time travel concepts :P

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:18 pm

My takes on this:

- Bardock, Raditz, Gine, Totepo, Seripa, Toma, Panbukin, Broli, Paragus, Nappa, and Tarble along with the Saiyan forces teamed up with Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Gohan, and Goten to combat Freeza, Coola, and King Cold and his squadron of soldiers. That will be a long waited battle between Freeza Force vs Saiyan Army. (Could be in Question)

- If Coola and King Cold were revived, as well as Coola'a Squad, Ginyus, and Freeza's Elite, give the arc a couple of episodes to show Freeza's training with his family. (Should be interesting)

- Final battle in Planet Vegeta's orbit (if it's wished back) with Broli (LSSJ) vs Freeza. (I wish it is written).

- Gohan wearing the armor he wore on Namek instead of his green jogging suit. Give Kuririn his armor back he wore on Namek.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Among other things, I'd like Tagoma to survive Freeza's invasion of Earth. I feel his death in RoF was a rushed afterthought that didn't give him a suitable conclusion. Perhaps in Dragon Ball Super he could slowly realize how bad of an idea it was to revive Freeza, after seeing what a callous despot he got stuck serving. He could leave Earth humbled by the experience and faced with the reality that Freeza's empire is doomed to fall apart.

Of course, that would be expecting way too much from Dragon Ball, especially in Toei's hands. They don't do nuanced character development well.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:08 am

ParkerAL wrote:Among other things, I'd like Tagoma to survive Freeza's invasion of Earth. I feel his death in RoF was a rushed afterthought that didn't give him a suitable conclusion. Perhaps in Dragon Ball Super he could slowly realize how bad of an idea it was to revive Freeza, after seeing what a callous despot he got stuck serving. He could leave Earth humbled by the experience and faced with the reality that Freeza's empire is doomed to fall apart.

Of course, that would be expecting way too much from Dragon Ball, especially in Toei's hands. They don't do nuanced character development well.
That would be good,i really like Tagoma and got dissapointed when he got killed so early.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:52 am

ParkerAL wrote:Among other things, I'd like Tagoma to survive Freeza's invasion of Earth. I feel his death in RoF was a rushed afterthought that didn't give him a suitable conclusion. Perhaps in Dragon Ball Super he could slowly realize how bad of an idea it was to revive Freeza, after seeing what a callous despot he got stuck serving. He could leave Earth humbled by the experience and faced with the reality that Freeza's empire is doomed to fall apart.

Oops. I meant to post Sorbet. I've been having trouble keeping their names straight since day one. Then again, what I wrote could apply to Tagoma too. I'd like at least one of them to survive.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:12 am

I don't mind the lazer killing Goku but if they're going to make him let down his guard, he should power down to reflect it. In the Movie he was still in his SSGSS state when the laser pierced him. I would like to see him power down to base showing that he has no defense up sort of like how Goku powered down from SS form the first time he achieved it against Freeza and got cut on his face.