How strong could Mr. Satan get?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

How strong could Mr. Satan get?

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Let's be real here, Mr. Satan is undoubtedly one of the strongest fighters in the series. He single-handedly defeated Cell, who was around SS2 level of strength, and Majin Boo, who was as strong as a Super Saiyan 3. And this was without any power-ups unlike the cheap Saiyans who get one every five episodes. But it appears that, in Super, Mr. Satan has finally met his match. As we saw in episode 6, he was no match for the power of the mighty God of Destruction Beerus, but at least we know that he put up a better fight than the strongest unfused character in the series, Gohan. So we can access that, in his normal state, Mr. Satan is at the very least superior to Ultimate Gohan.

My question here is, how strong would Mr. Satan be if he acquired every power-up he could get, like unlocking his potential from Elder Kaioshin and learning Kaioken? I reckon he'd definitely be above Whis if that were to happen.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: How strong could Mr. Satan get?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:55 pm

I honestly don't think Mr. Satan has much potential at all. He was not much above the average martial artist.

Even with those power-ups I don't think he'd be relevant post-Dragon Ball.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Mr. Satan was obviously suffering from a stomach ache due to the bad shrimp on the ship (likely Pilaf's doing) when he fought Beerus. I don't think the scene necessarily implies that Mr. Satan is weaker than Beerus, did you know that the legends say he defeated Cell with only one karate chop?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:00 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I honestly don't think Mr. Satan has much potential at all. He was not much above the average martial artist.
He was the legit world champion before the Cell Games. He beat actual fighters including Spopovitch.

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:09 pm

As terrible of a game as it is, in Xenoverse, Evil Mr. Satan was something to be feared. I'm not sure what would be stronger, Bobidi's control or Towa's, but if Mr. Satan could make such a significant jump, I'd say he could easily be relevant to the Cell saga heroes. As far as skill goes, he seems to excel at grappling/wrestling. Grappling can make or break a fight on the ground. As far as martial arts goes, Goku uses some pretty basic karate with some wushu thrown in. If Goku were just a human with a battle power of 7, and we assumed Satan was a catch wrestler or skilled in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, he wouldn't stand a chance. That's why I've always held Satan in a higher regard than Goku, from a technical standpoint. More over, filler tells us Satan's pretty damn strong for your average human. In the real world, there's a good chance he'd dominate in most competitive fighting sports. The guy flew 100s of feet after taking a blow from Cell, smashing into a rock and falling quite a ways, so he's got endurance for sure.

The main problem here is, the world of fighting with ki is completely different. Evil Satan is pretty much the same character as Broly, with a jetpack. Mastering his ki would probably take awhile, but once done, he'd be brutally imposing himself on some of the villains. Image if he had an equal battle power to Zarbon and trained with God on Earth prior. I can see a flying arm bar with Zarbon's name on it.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:12 pm

I've always been under the impression that Hercule had the luxury of pummeling through an easy bracket. I subscribe to the belief that the fighters who faced him were just run-of-the-mill guys who walked in with inflated egos after winning a few neighborhood street fights. Even if someone like Nam were to enter, Hercule would have been tossed out of the ring in a matter of seconds.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:26 pm

If they performed the God ritual and used Mr. Satan as base, we'd be getting some crazy power numbers. Maybe around 1.3 million like Golden Freeza.
Last edited by LuckyCat on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Stronger than everyone but Goku Time. Goku Time will always find a way to come out on top.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:06 pm

If Mr Satan could surive attacks from Cell, Majin Boo (twice!), Omega Shenron and Beerus, then there is a lot of hidden strength that could be tapped into.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:41 pm

I am pretty sure this man destroyed Freeza before Whis turned back time as he survived.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:If Mr Satan could surive attacks from Cell, Majin Boo (twice!), Omega Shenron and Beerus, then there is a lot of hidden strength that could be tapped into.
Let's not forget about Bulma! Not everyone survives after getting slapped by Beerus.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Being serious for a moment, if he put serious effort into training under masters like Roshi or Goku (and used the Dragonballs to wish for immortality so he wouldn't get old), then had his potential unlocked in various ways, and kept up this training for years on end, he could potentially get as strong as... Yamcha, maybe?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Being serious for a moment, if he put serious effort into training under masters like Roshi or Goku (and used the Dragonballs to wish for immortality so he wouldn't get old), then had his potential unlocked in various ways, and kept up this training for years on end, he could potentially get as strong as... Yamcha, maybe?
I tend to agree with this. I mean he's weak for someone who's trained most of his life (compared to someone like Krillin who was much stronger when first introduced) but that's because the training he got quite plainly sucked to what the other humans got. Krillin would be as weak as Mr. Satan too if he had his training regimen (no ki work, etc.)

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:11 am

Mr. Satan has never really trained, so if you give him four months he should be able to rival Super Saiyan God.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:16 am

No way could I ever see Mr. Satan coming close to Goku's power at the 22nd TB. That's just my opinion. His absolute peak would be like Taopaipai level... but he'd have to train years to reach that level.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:11 pm

You guys are forgetting a extremely important detail... Mr. Satan only lost because as Beerus went to viciously attack him with his ultimate attack Buu was trying to poke Mr. Satan to get his attention. Seeing how Buu is a friend it is obvious that Satan lowered his guard so that Buu wouldn't break his finger upon contact. Breaking your finger on Mr. Satan would of course be far worse than a normal break so Buu might not have been able to regen from such a extensive injury and there is no way Mr. Satan would risk that. It is clear that if he had kept his guard up nothing could defeat him, except for maybe a random ring, but hey it happens.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:35 pm

Stronger than everyone but Base GT Goku.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:02 am

He would probably destroy all 12 universes by farting...

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Mark is middle aged, and where he is now, he'd probably lose to Namu when Namu was in his prime. Any gains he'd make now would be slim because he's too old. Now if he was on the right training schedule as the main characters, and started at a younger age, he'd have as much potential to become a great fighter as anyone else.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:I honestly don't think Mr. Satan has much potential at all. He was not much above the average martial artist.
He was the legit world champion before the Cell Games. He beat actual fighters including Spopovitch.
True, but I believe he won simply cuz he was the most capable fighter there. The level of competition was no better than the average martial artist.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.