"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:20 pm

Captain Space wrote:
irreality wrote:
Captain Space wrote:
Plot twist: Her name actually is just a bunch of question marks.
"She who must not be named" :)
Every time she tries to say her name something loud drowns it out (Goku drops something, a train/steamboat goes by, random thunder...).
Yes. X3

With how much time has passed since she first appeared yet remains unnamed, I can see this happening. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:01 pm

So it looks like Super is getting a new ED song by KEYTALK. I think that's great news, if only because we can look forward to new ED animation. Although I would like it if we get a new OP sometime too. :mrgreen:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Cool, probably means we are going to get a new OP too, and that BoG is 12 eps long as speculated (hopefully there is some down time and they don't drag Goku vs Beerus all the way to ep 12). Anyway can't wait Resurrection "F" arc! :D
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:08 pm

Captain Space wrote:
irreality wrote:
Captain Space wrote:
Plot twist: Her name actually is just a bunch of question marks.
"She who must not be named" :)
Every time she tries to say her name something loud drowns it out (Goku drops something, a train/steamboat goes by, random thunder...).
No no, it's like with Frau Blücher in Young Frankenstein. Every time the name is spoken, animals are terrified, horses neigh shriekingly and you can feel a chill run up your spine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdIID_TGwhM
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Kinda happy I haven't seen FnF yet. It will make my enjoyment of the arc skyrocket, when comparing with the current one. Semi-ignorance(I know parts of the plot) will be bliss.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Yeah, even though I've already seen RoF a couple of times, I'll definitely be a lot more interested to see it than the BoG arc. Having Freeza in a weekly series format in a strange thing to be happening in 2015, but I'm excited. There's definitely a lot more potential for expansion beyond the film as opposed to BoG. I'll genuinely be upset if we don't see the lead up to Goku and Vegeta achieving SSJGSSJ, and Freeza's training--and maybe even some insight, if only in passing, into Gohan's abandonment of the power-up.

I hope the overall laziness of the way they've handled this arc is indicative of their intent to rush into new content as opposed to genuine cheapness.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:14 pm

Thanos wrote:Yeah, even though I've already seen RoF a couple of times, I'll definitely be a lot more interested to see it than the BoG arc. Having Freeza in a weekly series format in a strange thing to be happening in 2015, but I'm excited. There's definitely a lot more potential for expansion beyond the film as opposed to BoG. I'll genuinely be upset if we don't see the lead up to Goku and Vegeta achieving SSJGSSJ, and Freeza's training--and maybe even some insight, if only in passing, into Gohan's abandonment of the power-up.

I hope the overall laziness of the way they've handled this arc is indicative of their intent to rush into new content as opposed to genuine cheapness.
Yeah, I think one of my greatest fears is that they'll literally just retread RF without showing any of those power-ups/downs (and the potential interesting character stuff that accompanies them) actually occurring. Seeing as they have much more time to do that in this format than the movie did.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:16 pm

I imagine the battle with Freeza's soldiers will last a few episodes. Maybe we'll even get other characters like Shisami for Kuririn and the others to fight? Perhaps Tagoma will simply not be killed when Freeza is revived? Hmm...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Captain Space wrote:Yeah, I think one of my greatest fears is that they'll literally just retread RF without showing any of those power-ups/downs (and the potential interesting character stuff that accompanies them) actually occurring. Seeing as they have much more time to do that in this format than the movie did.
I'm afraid that I might see that happening... Toriyama never cared about details, actually
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:53 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I imagine the battle with Freeza's soldiers will last a few episodes. Maybe we'll even get other characters like Shisami for Kuririn and the others to fight? Perhaps Tagoma will simply not be killed when Freeza is revived? Hmm...

We will hopefully see Goten and Trunks shenanigans while they are away, but I simply can't imagine something that would keep them entertained while a huge ki like Freeza lands on Earth.

Maybe this time Gohan and Krillin will show a lot more despair that their wives and daugther's are killed during the planet's explosion. A simple "Masaka" and fall to their knees in shock should be enough...
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Captain Space wrote:
Thanos wrote:Yeah, even though I've already seen RoF a couple of times, I'll definitely be a lot more interested to see it than the BoG arc. Having Freeza in a weekly series format in a strange thing to be happening in 2015, but I'm excited. There's definitely a lot more potential for expansion beyond the film as opposed to BoG. I'll genuinely be upset if we don't see the lead up to Goku and Vegeta achieving SSJGSSJ, and Freeza's training--and maybe even some insight, if only in passing, into Gohan's abandonment of the power-up.

Yeah, I think one of my greatest fears is that they'll literally just retread RF without showing any of those power-ups/downs (and the potential interesting character stuff that accompanies them) actually occurring. Seeing as they have much more time to do that in this format than the movie did.
I agree. I want to see how Gokû and Vegeta end up at Beerus and Whis' place, what their accommodations are like, how they all live together on a daily basis.

How's Vegeta get ssjg? How do they discover blueper saiyan? I wanna find out.

I wanna see some of Freeza's training. I want that montage.

I'd be so bummed if all they do is stretch out what we already have in F. It'd feel like a waste.

I want them to keep that hand holding scene though. And to a lesser extent, "It's cheeeeese."
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:03 pm

-About the the new ending-
Funniest thing about changing the ending is that the opening is what sucks.
The ending is awesome. The opening is bad and they will keep it until the end. They will probably just change some clips like they did with Kai.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Noah wrote:
Captain Space wrote:Yeah, I think one of my greatest fears is that they'll literally just retread RF without showing any of those power-ups/downs (and the potential interesting character stuff that accompanies them) actually occurring. Seeing as they have much more time to do that in this format than the movie did.
I'm afraid that I might see that happening... Toriyama never cared about details, actually
B-But super-kawaii SSJG Vegeta... :(
FortuneSSJ wrote:-About the the new ending-
Funniest thing about changing the ending is that the opening is what sucks.
The ending is awesome. The opening is bad and they will keep it until the end. They will probably just change some clips like they did with Kai.
I like the opening myself, it's real energetic and...I guess thematic? I dunno, lines like the first one sort of get me excited for the very prospect of Super. Maybe I'd be much less optimistic about the future of this show if it weren't for this opening XD
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Ssjg would be more entertainingly obvious on Vegeta, but seeing how he's so used to deceiving power/appearance (at least earlier in the series even he was shorter). I don't know how likely comedic reactions from him would be. (I thought Gokû's reaction to himself in ssjg in BOG was cute because of how he kept checking his arms, repeatedly, at the start. X3 ) Though I am always up for fun Vegeta reaction faces.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Chuquita wrote:Ssjg would be more entertainingly obvious on Vegeta, but seeing how he's so used to deceiving power/appearance (at least earlier in the series even he was shorter). I don't know how likely comedic reactions from him would be. (I thought Gokû's reaction to himself in ssjg in BOG was cute because of how he kept checking his arms, repeatedly, at the start. X3 ) Though I am always up for fun Vegeta reaction faces.

I don't know why, but the only way I can picture Vegeta's first SsjG transformation reaction is him checking out his behind first before anything else. :lol:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Isn't Super channel spot constant? Isn't it different from other slots that have seasonal animes? If so, why are they giving Super's first arc 1 cour of duration? It might be a coincidence but there's the obvious stalling.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:43 pm

LightBing wrote:Isn't Super channel spot constant? Isn't it different from other slots that have seasonal animes? If so, why are they giving Super's first arc 1 cour of duration? It might be a coincidence but there's the obvious stalling.
It makes it easier to sell a single box set. It also makes it easier to wait to know exactly what they will be doing for the Universe Six arc.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:49 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
LightBing wrote:Isn't Super channel spot constant? Isn't it different from other slots that have seasonal animes? If so, why are they giving Super's first arc 1 cour of duration? It might be a coincidence but there's the obvious stalling.
It makes it easier to sell a single box set. It also makes it easier to wait to know exactly what they will be doing for the Universe Six arc.
Forgot they sell blu-rays that way. Thanks.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Noah wrote:
Well, the retelling of BOG and ROF are 100% Toei. So if nothing gets expanded with the retelling of ROF, it's all down to Toei, not Toriyama.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:03 pm

I do feel like Toriyama may had some parts of the retelling of BOG and ROF if he is writing the U6 saga and future sagas for the show. I would imagine U6 saga will have flash backs to the BOG saga and ROF saga from Super.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/